What's new

You know you live in the country if......

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Retired into more peaceful enterprise and it has been a good many years since practicing. It was not Zen that made me quit, it was arthritis interfering to where I could not trust my aim. It actually hurts to shoot.

I am not a violent person, per se, but I damn sure will not let someone make me a victim, just because I am non-violent. There is real shit out there these days, mostly stirred up by the media. Remember the "knockout punch game"? Taking a punch is very risky, because I have a titanium plate and 6 screws holding my neck together. The x-ray would be very compelling to a judge, as to why I had to use force to defend myself. Be nice to people, especially old guys.

The main thing that has helped me quit drinking is a thumb injury, that makes it very painful to shoot with my strong hand. I got the injury the last time I was drunk. These little SIGs are even more painful, because they are harder to hold onto.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
you ever been ko'd by a bale of hay. gramps old bailer would shoot the square bale in huge wagon and we'd stack. zoned out in lala land i got caught lacking once

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you ever been ko'd by a bale of hay. gramps old bailer would shoot the square bale in huge wagon and we'd stack. zoned out in lala land i got caught lacking once

Bless U ...get a tired real quick stacking the square bales of hay:whistling:

G

Pittaya Bloom and Pollinators

Pittaya Bloom and Pollinators

Happy to see the images posted here.

Here's an image of a flower of what we call a 'Dragon Fruit'. The Pollinators are a European Bee and many Stingless Native Bees. Native to Eastern Australia.

Cheers!

picture.php

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
when the farm down the road from the strip club has a giant sign talking about all the sins listed in the bible, when you go to the gun store and it's some dude's basement...

when you don't have a fence but can just let the dogs out. even if they 'run away', they'll get bored in an hour and come back.

sleep on the screened-in-porch and the only thing that bothers you is whatever is rustling in the leaves.

4th of july, you can see a constant fireworks show just driving, and all the gunshots...

rotting cars, hoarders with all their trash in the front yard, nobody knows what to do when there's a double yellow line.

seen the neighbors once, but hear them all the time and get to know their dog better lol

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i forgot to add:

you know you live in the country if you step out the front or back door and feel truly at peace with the beauty of your surroundings.

above the farms, drinking from a mossy rock- lined mini waterfall stream... the smell of decaying organic matter all around.

even the lower foothills, diverse jungles along flood- proned rivers...

i love the appalachians. at the moment, i'm in a shithole apartment the size of a shoebox in a minor city and i miss the serenity of the deep quiet woods.

ah well, at least i can drive 10 minutes in a few different directions and be on country roads.

fresh air, fucka times square

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
when you don't have a fence but can just let the dogs out. even if they 'run away', they'll get bored in an hour and come back.

sleep on the screened-in-porch and the only thing that bothers you is whatever is rustling in the leaves.

4th of july, you can see a constant fireworks show just driving, and all the gunshots...

In the southeast there are black bears and mountain lions to keep those dawgs occupied while out roaming the countryside. Big fires last year has them on the move. Local legend has it that there is also a gator back there in the woods that join mine. No idea how it lives through the cold winter. Never seen it in my pond, yet.

My dawg stopped going back there by the woods recently. Maybe also cause I shoot back there.

Shooting is just background noise around here. I sometimes add to the chorus.