What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
nice spot for a sweet drum circle on that top pic star. them oysters look good to. i inoculated some old logs with blue's few back but they never took. i got few dozen spots i forge fun hobby

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I lived in anchorage for a while and watched the Iditarod teams as the went off to Nome. Those dawgs live for running. They sell pins for each year's race, and I have a 1993 somewhere. AK was nice back then, before CA found it.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you guys & ladies only knew the shit I put up with in my life just to grow a plant ....and it’s all self-induced:biggrin:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Rural living ... do a controlled burn in the pouring rain :blowbubbles:

You know you live in the country if......

...you do very large burn piles and even burn off entire fields outdoors during the winter months..

Then after all your chores are done for the day, you come back in your house and do a nice, relaxing controlled burn...:biggrin:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
My burn pile is ready for a bonfire.

LOL, I was burning weeds around the ponds so they wouldn't turn to muck when the water came back up. Kinda lst control of one spot, and now the dormant Bermuda grass around there is black. Come May, it will be greener than ever.

St. Phatty

Normally Oedipus the Rooster does not need to be reminded to go back in his cage.

However, tonight he was a little feisty. He managed to create 2 puncture wounds on my left hand, I think one from each leg.

He jumped off the Metro shelf where he wanted to hang out with a miniature d'Uccle hen who sleeps on the top shelf of the Metro shelf.

Using his wings to float in mid-air, he then kicked my left hand twice before flying into the living room.

This may be related to why people don't normally have miniature fighting cocks as house birds.

So I did a web search for
"people killed by rooster then they bleed to death"

and there is only one story about a 76 year old woman who bled to death after being pecked by a chicken.

How many times do you have to play "grabby hand" with a rooster before it slashes you across the wrist ?

Maybe I should wear gloves.

But maybe this is not entirely a rural thing.

It is possible to have a wild bird in urban areas. You just need a big basement. :blowbubbles:

Anyway 10 minutes later he was back in his cage, with no further encouragement. He loves shredded cheese so I gave him a big pinch of cheese, in his cage. :cathug:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
How many times do you have to play "grabby hand" with a rooster before it slashes you across the wrist ?.......

Anyway 10 minutes later he was back in his cage, with no further encouragement. He loves shredded cheese so I gave him a big pinch of cheese, in his cage. :cathug:

Congrats on successfully training that fighting rooster Phatty, I'd pay big bucks to see you and him in the same ring together! :D

Latest posts

Latest posts