What's new

Yogurt Cup Challenge

L

lemongrove

It's a cross I made. It's a Delta 9 Cannasutra male crossed with a Nirvana Chrystal female.
The Cannasutra's parents are the Reclining Buddha (mother)from Soma x Sensi Star (father); 70% Indica and 30% sativa. The Cannasutra is one of favorites and a strain I highly recommend.
The Chrystal is a White Widow mother crossed to a Northern Lights father, 60% Indica, 40% sativa. The Chrystal won the Dutch High Life Cup in 2002 and is also a really nice strain. I'm growing out two full sized plants from the cross and they look really nice.
I took a small bud from one of the large plants after 8 weeks of flower, it has about a week and a half to go, dried it for four days and smoked a small bowl of it. It's hard to be modest because I have to say that I was really impressed. I think it's going to be a winner. My first cross and I'm pretty excited about it.
My logic for the cross was straight forward and simple. I loved the parents so I thought their kids would be great and I'm pretty sure I've succeeded.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

My four yogi cups, one of which is a male;

picture.php

^Bay 11 balls

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dang
just found balls on the drizella backcross that i made... only seed yogi cup.
so i guess that I'll be running only 2 females in yogi cups this round...

Update time!

My first set is down to 2, the third is still alive but not looking too good ... likely end up in the hash bag.

These two are about 10 days from harvest now. They'll go almost 10 weeks from hitting 12/12.

picture.php

These two, my later C99s are 3 weeks in now, kinda stringy/lanky ... but are flowering just fine. They've both been super cropped to keep height under control.

picture.php

Go team, everyone looking good! Sorry about the dudes Avi!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good weedcurious, 10 days from harvest, i think you are the farthest along of anyone involved...
bigups!
:good:
and good looking!!

yogurt cup challenge

yogurt cup challenge

Is there a limit to the ventilation a cup has. I'm thinking mini air-pot just an Idea seeing I still got time n all.:tumbleweed:

L

lemongrove

I'm not quite sure what you are asking when you are asking about ventilation but I think the only rule of the contest that might pertain to your question is that the roots cannot extend beyond the cup. If they won't do that then you are good to go.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for answering that lemon...
im pretty sure the original rules are crystal clear (first post of this thread)....
snusnu, go ahead and get sarted, if it's not eligible, we will let you know, reread the rules first as well.

So I chopped and trimmed the plants that are a week ahead of my yogi girls ... think these will end up better than the actual entries, they're the first batch out of the perpetual yogi SOG box.

picture.php

L

lemongrove

Day 25 Bloom

Day 25 Bloom

At day 25 of flower and I thought I should give more info. on my feeding schedule.
I've used Dyna Gro nutrients throughout and I'm using Dyna Gro's drain to waste feeding schedule. The only thing I varied from their schedule is that I don't use the Mag Pro every week. I alternate weeks with the Mag Pro.
I using a hempy bucket style and my medium is broken up pieces of rockwool. I also haven't adjusted the ph.
I vegged for two weeks. All measurements are per one gallon of water. Week one of veg. I used 4ml Grow,2ml Pro-Tekt,5ml K-L-N and I always feed at least twice a day. Week 2 of veg.-8ml Grow,4 ml Pro-Tekt, .5ml Mag-Pro,2.5ml K-L-N.
Week one of Bloom I used 10ml Bloom,4ml Pro-Tekt, 2ml Mag Pro. Week 2 same as week one but one ml Mag-Pro. The schedule called for Mag-Pro every week but the instructions for the Mag-Pro states to use it every 2nd to 4th watering if you are hand watering. I make up a batch of nutrients at the beginning of the week and use that batch throughout the whole week. I don't want to waste nutrients so I don't make up a new batch every other day to satisfy that Mag-Pro instruction. I thought I'd try it this way and see if it works. So far it has.
Week three of flower- 12ml Bloom, 4ml Pro-Tekt, 1ml Mag-Pro. Today is the 25th day of Bloom so I'm on my fourth week of flower and I'm using 12ml Bloom, 4ml Pro-Tekt, 2ml Mag-Pro.

L

lemongrove

Thanks WC. Actually it's just one plant but shots taken from a little bit different angles to try to get a better picture of how it really looks.
I joined the competition because it's a fun idea and I wanted to see if I could make it work but I've also wanted to try the hempy bucket method of growing from the first time I read about it. I'm pretty surprised at how well it's turned out so far. Good genetics, good nutes and a good style of growing go a long way. I'm just there to help them along.

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some terrible pics of my 2 lady plants, camera can't focus in the dark.... lol
picture.php

just about 2 weeks into flowering now.

picture.php

^^
one flo and one buddah's sister.
also, grabbed some pics of the bay11 male that i've yet to kill, guess i'll chuck some pollen off it;
picture.php

picture.php

L

lemongrove

AM I grew out a Bay 11 and I like it a great deal. I kept a cut, bred it to a Med Man Karen's Kush and harvested the seeds a few days ago. You should chuck some pollen of that Bay 11 on something you like; I think you'll be pleased.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the encouragement lemonG, good chance i'm gonna get some pollen and dust... something... prolly
x bay 11 perhaps: flo, fruity flo (flo x grimm reaper), buddah's sister, flo og, deadhead og f2, strawberry cough, bubba kush, Loud 7/8ths sour, chunky Diesel (very reasonable candidate!!!), perhaps even a bx with bay11 male....

the things that could come from a male in a yogi cup.....

L

lemongrove

Well you certainly have a lot of great candidates from which to choose. Hell creating something new, just to see how it turns out, is always fun. I'd give the flo a go. Hard to screw up something as good as that.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya, but honestly i have several flo crosses..... prollly gonna dust it anyhow, prolly make f2's, maybe bay11 x deadhead ogk also

Latest posts

Latest posts