What's new

Yogurt Cup Challenge

Things are shooting up. I plan on cutting it close due to growing seeds for timing. November 6th is one week away. Tonight I'm going to take some very small cuttings and get the Boggle gum and indoor mix seeds to get them to bush more. The roots are amazing. I'll be trimming them soon.

Runt (Female Seeds indoor mix)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49169&pictureid=1156985

runt roots
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49169&pictureid=1156984

Female Seeds Indoor Mix
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49169&pictureid=1156986

Boggle Gum
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49169&pictureid=1156983

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49169&pictureid=1156982

Iced Grapefruit clone
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49169&pictureid=1153556

I had glitch and av screwed up the order. time for permanent markers.

G

gloryoskie

Here's a close up of a lower bud:

picture.php

Vintage genetics. 6 weeks in flower.

L

lemongrove

11 days in flower

11 days in flower

Started out in flower at 7.5 inches tall and she is now 13.5 inches tall. Did one shot with a diorama affect, one with an art filter affect and one shot she is in the big girls room with one of her Strawberry Cough big sisters.

Check in time. Non-weed life has been busy, so I'm a couple days later than usual. Completely spaced and forgot I have two more I entered, so this is only the 3 original girls (which are now about 2.5 weeks from harvest):

picture.php

And just for fun a couple close up flower shots :)

picture.php

picture.php

As you can see, I've had a bit of leaf scorch with these ... I have a group of 5 a week ahead of these that stayed shorter and are just beautiful plants, when I do a Yogi SOG update, I'll post a link here.

Everyone is looking good! Have a great week!

Till next time.

L

lemongrove

Nice WC64.Thanks for the update.
This contest just goes to show you that if you wanted a very small grow on the cheap you could do as many yogurt cups as you wanted and get a pretty nice yield out of it; I'm hoping for a 5 gram yield from my single plant. The cost of materials is very low, you could put a bunch of them under a 150watt hps, I paid about $75 for mine and your electric cost would be low. Much easier than a bunch of cfls that you constantly have to move around. You could grow them from start to finish under a 150 hps. I've done several grows using a 150 hps from the beginning of veg. all the way through harvest. I got 3 ozs. from one of those grows and the quality was just as good as my current set-up with a 1000 watt MH for veg. and a 1000 watt hps for flower.
Growing in yogurt cups is also a fun way to grow. I'm really enjoying it.

Absolutely, I've become a bit fascinated with some of the LED grow threads, that my be my next adventure. I will say that yogurt cups are really high maintenance ... you have no room for schedule error really (unless you're running a drip line) ... you blow one day and you'll have a bunch of dead dried up plants.

Can certainly grow more than personal use in a very small footprint, both physical and resource. Definitely fun!

Absolutely, I've become a bit fascinated with some of the LED grow threads, that my be my next adventure. I will say that yogurt cups are really high maintenance ... you have no room for schedule error really (unless you're running a drip line) ... you blow one day and you'll have a bunch of dead dried up plants.

Can certainly grow more than personal use in a very small footprint, both physical and resource. Definitely fun!

I'm breaking out the big (little?) guns the 6th. $70 140w LED in a 1sq/ft grow box I'm finishing up this weekend. The Yogurt cup hydro will finish it's grow in it. I'm still experimenting. Four plant are probably too much, but after the contest I've decided to do a seed to finish, square foot challenge. My quad problems just have me move too slow. If it wasn't for the calm of Zen, I'd have wailed with a hammer long ago.

L

lemongrove

Brother I'm using rockwool, a hempty style grow, I go down twice a day and give it a little water with nutes that I made up at the beginning of the week and it's good to go.:biggrin:
I missed a watering here and there and it didn't look any worse for wear. I really haven't found it to be high maintenance at all with the hempy style. If I had to go away for a couple of days I'd worry about it but even then I feel that it would be ok; not sure about that one but that's my intuition.
I'd probably put the yogurt cups in a slightly larger container with some liquid food and it would probably be good to go. Hell you could put ten or more yogurt cups in a not very large container and make it work.
Damn good fun for sure.

ST: I'll be watching till I can order some LEDs of my own to play!

LG: I may play with hempy for that very reason, but I have to redo too many things with nutes to go that way right now. Mine are dialed in for soil, no need for MgCa supplementation ... what I have works, just they are mighty thirsty come morning when I'm down to water/feed! My larger SOG uses 20oz bottles and those go 2 days easy between feedings, not as bad nor sensitive. You're right on with the notion of a pan and bottom feeding if you needed to go away for a few days.

L

lemongrove

I was thinking if I did it again I wouldn't even use drain holes for a small reservoir at the bottom and use the whole cup as a reservoir. I'm pretty sure, because the rockwool retains water so well, that I could get away with filling it once every couple of days. As it is now I go down in the morning to check my crop and give the yogurt cup about an ounce of water from jug of nute water I made at the beginning of the week, just enough for the water to start coming out of the holes and then do it again in the evening when I do my check-up. Takes about ten seconds each time.
I am definitely going to use the hempty style for a large grow in the future. Probably start out with one plant hempy style and see how it goes. If it is as impressive a grow as I'm getting out of this yogurt cup it will be my style of growing in the future. I'm enjoying this style quite a bit and I'm finding it very easy to do;so far. Always got to put the disclaimer, so far, in there because you never know what will crop up as the grow goes on. Been down that road too many times to think the coast is clear just because it's smooth sailing at this point.

Pulled one of my girls out of the cabinet this morning, she looks like she's dying ... many leaves drying and dying ... even sugar leaves. Pretty sure it's heat stress/scorch issues. But this plant in particular looks really bad. I've put her on a window sill for her remaining days.

picture.php

picture.php

I've been a bit more aggressive in super cropping my later entries, in hopes of keeping them low through stretch ... we'll see how that goes.

In the end, I think I'll eventually abandon this cab and build something with a *bit* more height for small stuff.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my yogis have been in flowering about one week,
my bay 11 is showing male BIG time.
so I'm at that point, debating to kill the male, or let it pollinate the flo, drizella f2 and buddah's sister....

dunno much about the bay 11, like if it would be a decent candidate for a daddy....

pics soon come.

Latest posts

Latest posts