What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yogurt Cup Challenge

G

gloryoskie

Here's my update, 40 days 13/11.

picture.php

It's a good plant, the same pot I smoked in High School.
Found the seeds in the fold of a double LP I had in storage.

I crossed it with a sensi star x nycd, maybe I'll do one of those
fur this challenge, kind of a mother/daughter thing.

We'll see.

Close up of the bottom buds:

picture.php

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
my 5 entry I wasent going to do a 5 ,BUT I had this FEM Sour Power seedling i'ved been cloning the shit out of. i got pleaney of cuts but nothing big yet . so yoge it first.
Sour Power[Hortilab] HT 420 -13 best sativa I think.

After the rocky start with overheating from the pump, I went to air stones as a stop gap until I could think of something. The something was an ART DNe. My thinking on this is several fold.
1. The heat needs to be brought down as it was over 100f. To do that, I turned to the intermittent control of pulsed on/off pumping. I admit to stealing the idea from the last contest.
2. When the roots start getting packed, I can pull the ball and trim as needed. The pump will need to have good force on the root ball to cover the entire root mass. My first thought was to tone down the pump by shaving the pump vanes because of a related problem, but then I realized slowing the pump wouldn’t get rid of the heat
3. A problem with the pump running nonstop, was that the fine nylon mesh wasn’t gluing well, and the constant beating was making the nylon come off. I may have solved the problem with spar varnish. Put a coat on the cup, let get tacky, add another coat, wait for it to become tacky once more, then place the cloth. Last step was a run around the edges with a brush.
The ART DNe is getting set up tomorrow. For a start, I’m going to pulse it 1 on, 10 off. I’ll be watching with an infrared thermometer to see how the heat fairs.

Because of the heat, I lost two plants headed for flowering, but the sprouts fared well. They had started to suffer root rot, so I got some SM-90, and they made an amazing recovery.

First plant is the Ice Grapefruit clone. The roots look great, and it’s starting to put a spring in its step. I grew it for the flavor. It is only half the producer of the Iced Widow I ran with it last time, but I really root for under dogs.

Then there's the Boggle Gum.

FS 2

Third seed is “Super Runt” from Female Seeds Indoor mix. It is a runt, but hella cute.

Last, I tossed the fifth as it was a male. I am replacing it with a Master Kush seed, but not running it in the competition. It will work well for more experimentation though.

A few last thoughts. I’m a pack rat, what can I say. Worrying the heat issue, I remembered I had an electronic heat exchanger. RDWC on a small scale anyone? Last, I’m putting the finishing touches on a 150w LED grow light (3 arrays of 5 x 10w). All on the super cheap, as in $75. Going to see how cool white, warm white, and deep blue work for vegging.

Weekly check in time!

Here they are. They're done stretching and now I just have to make sure they get enough light without scorching the leaves too much, they're right up under the lights.

picture.php

And here's a cola shot (pun intended)

picture.php

Also decided to round out my 5 with a couple late entries ... these are Female Seeds Cinderella 99, I picked a couple clones that had by virtue of where they were taken been 'topped' already ... hopefully height won't be an issue and that this pheno is as short as they say is possible.

picture.php

And finally, a little cross pollination of my Yogi SOG thread ... here's where the girls live. Older plants left, newer plants right

picture.php

tinyhort

Update pics

C99:

picture.php

Her developing cola:

picture.php

And here's TD, a week behind the C99:

picture.php

All is going well, no issues to speak of.

Everyone is looking good!

funker

Lemon OG

Lemon OG

Hey folks I've been following this thread the last few weeks and am going to get in the mix. Haven't posted much in my time here, but with the improving attitude towards our beloved plant these days I feel more comfortable about sharing.

My entry will be a Lemon OG clone that totally went root crazy after it was left in water for almost three weeks. This particular cut is the most vigorous I've ever worked, it is a machine. So here we have the cut (small branch) peeking out of the propagation party cup -
picture.php

As you can see it developed some incredible roots for just having the water changed out every 3 or 4 days. I did add in some superthrive-type stuff early on but not much. My other strains don't really do the spontaneous rooting thing -
picture.php

I put a very thin layer of growstones in the bottom of the cup -
picture.php

I added a little of the coir mix I use then folded the roots into the cup -
picture.php

Day 1 of veg, on her way -
picture.php

I plan to veg for about a week then probably set her in my main flower room. Will probably FIM the top as soon as the roots are set and there is new growth. Good luck to everyone, there's some great plants in here already and it should continue to be fun

peace,
f~

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
welcome welcome!!
looking good yall, ill be posting pics soon, mine are still veggin probably flip in a few days...

L

lemongrove

Hey folks I've been following this thread the last few weeks and am going to get in the mix. Haven't posted much in my time here, but with the improving attitude towards our beloved plant these days I feel more comfortable about sharing.

My entry will be a Lemon OG clone that totally went root crazy after it was left in water for almost three weeks. This particular cut is the most vigorous I've ever worked, it is a machine. So here we have the cut (small branch) peeking out of the propagation party cup -
View Image

As you can see it developed some incredible roots for just having the water changed out every 3 or 4 days. I did add in some superthrive-type stuff early on but not much. My other strains don't really do the spontaneous rooting thing -
View Image

I put a very thin layer of growstones in the bottom of the cup -
View Image

I added a little of the coir mix I use then folded the roots into the cup -
View Image

Day 1 of veg, on her way -
View Image

I plan to veg for about a week then probably set her in my main flower room. Will probably FIM the top as soon as the roots are set and there is new growth. Good luck to everyone, there's some great plants in here already and it should continue to be fun

peace,
f~
I want to say you got a nice root but that sounds a little:dancer:, well you know. Good luck.

L

lemongrove

End of week #1 12/12

End of week #1 12/12

She's lookin' pretty good. She grew 2.5 inches in one week.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
ok here we go I flipped a day ago,
left MAG99#4 It was 24 in tall, middle SIAO 11 in tall, sour power about 7 in tall . now the fun .

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice bug, how far along is that church into flowering?

Here is a shot of my 4 yogi's flipped them today.
picture.php

L

lemongrove

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=46795&pictureid=1156280&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] ok here we go I flipped a day ago,
left MAG99#4 It was 24 in tall, middle SIAO 11 in tall, sour power about 7 in tall . now the fun .
Bug that Mag99#4 is crazy tall for such a small container. I would have never guessed a plant could get that tall in a yogurt cup. Can't wait to see it's final height.
I put mine in 12/12 at 7" tall because I didn't think I should let it get too tall before 12/12 in a small container; you proved me wrong. Just one more proof the mj plant is an amazing thing.

Latest posts

Latest posts