What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yet another reminder to avoid dispensaries when possible.

MrBungle

I went and looked for the link again and couldn't find it... So it probably was fake propaganda, But it was definitely eye catching

Wendull C.

Veteran
I agree your face should be a sign of quality... Then I look up and see the add for RB 26.

Hate to say it but branding is where we are headed.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey yall... I've got a reason to believe were all being lied to about the actual content of whats being sold in dispensaries.

picture.php

picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

Is that Tommy Chong's face on a warning about the potential health hazards of cannabis? What kinda drugs was he on when he came up with that one? Maybe all that cocaine fried him dumb or something LMAO
HAHAHA WHAT A CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE IN

PTSDAdvocateCO

Is that really what's happening down there? Can I expect that up here in Canada when legalization hits?
Yep. They wanted the black market gone, the black market can sell any drug they want, Cannabis users generally only use and grow Cannabis, so all they managed to do was make life more miserable for Cannabis growers who don't have a corporate overlord.

Happy Times

When you buy from a local grower, you're not helping an MBA buy a vacation home. You're helping others obtain their medicine. You're helping a parent buy their son his first baseball glove, their daughter her first dress for a dance, you're paying tuition and mortgages, you're helping moms and dads put food on the table. You're helping keep alive a cottage industry which deserves better than to be stamped out by big money.

Buy local, not from corporations.

View Image

Thanks for the comment sooper, well put. What's the best way in your opinion to support local? Craigslist?

Chunky Sloth

One of the main reasons I avoid dispensary nug is the economics. The other is that after visiting a few they are run by smug assholes. Like some dude who grew hanging baskets is now their master grower and thinks all platns are basically the same. Dude running things is usually and MBA and his partners are usually even more money hungry and rude than him. They produce sub par weed in mass, act like cowboys, and in general think they are much better at everything than everyone else. I've had multiple dispensaries give me bad grow advice and sell me shit nug or concentrate. Its like buying Walmart produce Vs a farmer's market. You want what was grown with love and care, not what's grown with salts as fast and big as possible. Not to mention fuck the government. They don't deserve a cut at all after ruining so many lives over the same thing. Make friends and smoke better herb. Will cost less and treat you better.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
That is the exact reason Bud light and McDonald's are huge. The lowest quality and huge investments into marketing. You will be cooler to other people drinking our beer. Both fully market to followers. It's really a slap in the face to people who support their products. It takes maturity to be your own dog and demand better. My daughter has made a couple trips to Colorado and bought smoke. Only one that was a cross of DJ Shorts Flo and some blah, blah indica was even worth smoking. There is much room for improvement. Only an open fair market will provide quality. Peace

Yodaweed

Dispensary weed sucks anyway, always support local, if anyone wants to blaze some fire on the front range PM me, colo sprgs area.

DAT

That's mighty kind of you, Yodaweed. Wish I could blaze some fire with you but I'm in Oregon. It's hit and miss here in the pot shops for good bud. They label the weed with a THC % that I have found quite helpful. I look in the jar and visually inspect and smell and point out the buds I want to purchase. I always have to make a point to tell the budtenders to not rip my buds apart to get a perfect rounded measurement but instead take it a little over or under. I take an approximate gram home to test. If it is exceptional I make a point of getting Back to the shop ASAP to get more before it sells out because the likelihood of getting the same batch in the future is rare. I am in a living living situation where I can not simply grow my own and when I have it was rather expensive with the cost of my electricity bill. When I do find dispensary bud that is exceptional, I make a note of the farm that grew it and look for their name in the shelves along with a high THC%, over 20% usually delivers a good immediate head rush and a longer high.

Latest posts

Latest posts