What's new

Yet another reminder to avoid dispensaries when possible.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day LB , MJ

Ever heard the term ; Brand Recognition ?
Once your product leaves your hands what identifies its origin ?

If the label says LB farms or MJ laboratories . Folks can say I expect this brand to be like it was the last time they bought it . If the product is not consistent or damaged . Customers have an avenue of complaint .

Zip lock identifies it as black market .Non traceable , non standardised ,unregulated etc .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

S

SooperSmurph

G`day LB , MJ

If the label says LB farms or MJ laboratories . Folks can say I expect this brand to be like it was the last time they bought it . If the product is not consistent or damaged . Customers have an avenue of complaint .

Zip lock identifies it as black market .Non traceable , non standardised ,unregulated etc .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Read my post on the previous page, labels mean absolutely nothing, it's 100% perception.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
G`day LB , MJ

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Read my post on the previous page, labels mean absolutely nothing, it's 100% perception.

valid points in both posts but could the truth be somewhere in the middle?
packaging beyond the zip lock baggie can convey a standard of quality,but ultimately the proof is in the goods
unfortunately, i thnk a lot of the people who are buying in "legal" states like CO ahve no idea of what is good beyond "this is better than what i get back home"
to them fancy graphics and catchy phrases will always win out
hopefully as the market evolves, the consumer will become more educated and learn what to look for
but based on the whole "craft"beer scene goign on right now, i kind of doubt it

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day SS

That may have been the case .
Though in future as more mainstream folks become consumers . How do they know if its Sooper Smurf bud or a copy cat / fake ?

And if it turns out that for whatever ever human error . Super Smurf bud turns out to be needing a recall . Because of issues . How does the distributor or consumer ID the particular product ?

Do they just bin all their meds because they are not traceable ?

eg.
Washington laws are very strict re MMJ any contamination not ok to sell it as MMJ .

Happens in most other legit industries no ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Gry

Veteran
Live in LA . The shop around the corner has taken on a new look in the past 6 months or so. Looks like a candy counter at a seven eleven or something. Slick and colorful packaging of vape pen stuff.

macamus33

Got to agree with Mr. Lester beans on this. I could give a rats ass what it is packaged in. It is the quality of the product that matters. You can put crap bud in a nice little glass jar and inflate the price but it is still crap. Most bud I have seen from these dispensaries/there have been some exceptions, has been 2nd grade/not great. Still they are asking top grade prices. I will stay with the small home growers product all day. Even if packaged in brown paper bags. The sheeple can continue to buy crap in nice little glass jars with inflated pricing. They can start a little glass jar collection. I will continue to get my herb from the underground market/better quality/better pricing/better people. I grow my own and sell very little of it. I could sell my whole harvest in 1-2 days if I choose to. I am not a dealer. People that I deal with know the quality of what I grow. They do not care if it is in a plastic bag.

S

sourpuss

U guys r arguimg about different things. Packaging matters when its concentrates. Cause they all look similar. We want well made concentrates from a lab grade enviromwnt. Not from the garage of the growers buddy. Imo usually the small guys r lazy and dont do things proper everytime. Only reason i like something that looks professional in concentrate form. Also find the bigger guys put out more stable product. Just my opinion....

Flowers the flower itself is the package. Anybody picks up a bag of flowers they look at the bud. Not the package.....

Mr. Miyagi

lol...my product being in vac bags sells itself...but then again my face is a sign of quality. No arrogance intended...simple truth. I've never claimed to be the best, but my people know I don't mess around...

But I agree...a flashy bag catches the attention of simple minds. If I was buying, I'm interested in the product, not the damn packaging it comes in.

To each their own though... I'm not here to join in your pissing match, just saying... both sides have valid points. It really comes down to what market you're trying to cater too. I've got guys that like it when I take the time to make each bag perfectly square, yada yada, but they pay for it too. Whereas I know some that like it vac bagged and delivered in a non-descript brown paper bag. Again, to each their own.

S

SooperSmurph

lol...my product being in vac bags sells itself...but then again my face is a sign of quality. No arrogance intended...simple truth. I've never claimed to be the best, but my people know I don't mess around...

But I agree...a flashy bag catches the attention of simple minds. If I was buying, I'm interested in the product, not the damn packaging it comes in.

To each their own though... I'm not here to join in your pissing match, just saying... both sides have valid points. It really comes down to what market you're trying to cater too. I've got guys that like it when I take the time to make each bag perfectly square, yada yada, but they pay for it too. Whereas I know some that like it vac bagged and delivered in a non-descript brown paper bag. Again, to each their own.
I agree, and personally I think a more educated consumer is the right answer, but until the masses become more acutely aware of the difference between the levels of quality, it seems like flashy packaging is going to continue to win over the average buyer.

I agree with you again on packaging, I love patients who ask for vac sealed non-descript brown paper wrapped packages, those are the ones I know are experienced or at least educated, the ones that prefer containers get containers, but they usually settle for lower quality product at a higher price.

Mr. Miyagi

I agree, and personally I think a more educated consumer is the right answer, but until the masses become more acutely aware of the difference between the levels of quality, it seems like flashy packaging is going to continue to win over the average buyer.

I agree with you again on packaging, I love patients who ask for vac sealed non-descript brown paper wrapped packages, those are the ones I know are experienced or at least educated, the ones that prefer containers get containers, but they usually settle for lower quality product at a higher price.

Exactly!!
:tiphat:

This is what I had to deal with constantly for a number of years, til I was able to acquire enough of the folks who cared about the bud itself, not the freaking shiny foil wrapper...If you asked for shininess I walked the other way. Nobody knows I grow it myself, but they DO know that I stand behind my product 100%... so whether it's inside of Faberge egg, or in a used brown grocery store bag, if I"m delivering it, or the seller got it from me, it's fire!:tiphat:

PTSDAdvocateCO

Exactly!!
:tiphat:

This is what I had to deal with constantly for a number of years, til I was able to acquire enough of the folks who cared about the bud itself, not the freaking shiny foil wrapper...If you asked for shininess I walked the other way. Nobody knows I grow it myself, but they DO know that I stand behind my product 100%... so whether it's inside of Faberge egg, or in a used brown grocery store bag, if I"m delivering it, or the seller got it from me, it's fire!:tiphat:
I was the same, just can't really deal with buyers anymore, too jumpy, too messed up in the head.