What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yet another reminder to avoid dispensaries when possible.

S

SooperSmurph

When you buy from a local grower, you're not helping an MBA buy a vacation home. You're helping others obtain their medicine. You're helping a parent buy their son his first baseball glove, their daughter her first dress for a dance, you're paying tuition and mortgages, you're helping moms and dads put food on the table. You're helping keep alive a cottage industry which deserves better than to be stamped out by big money.

Buy local, not from corporations.

picture.php

True words.

The lure of "easy weed" is hard to ignore, but we must.

Homogenized factory weed is just that ... factory weed.

How much of it properly cured?

How much of it has any aroma?

Too many users have no idea what they're missing.

Go ahead and smoke Wonder Bread Buds if you want.

We'd rather do without than sully our synapses with it.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you guys kidding? CO weed rules! lol

Not that I've seen yet.
Everything from livwell tasted like soap!
Especially their $100 Zips that the health unconscious are always buying in my poor neck of the woods. I avoid dispo weed.

I no longer live in CO, and showed some of my Red Headed Stranger to a buddy of mine.

He said "Yep... That's what I got at the stores in CO..."

1236166573_steven_seagal_shooting_kids.gif

AeroKush102

Growers have to create their own branded labels that dispensaries take for granted. Put your mind to work. Package your bud, edibles and other products and sell them to your customers with brand loyalty. The days of selling in clear bags is almost over, let's get on with the program. It time to turn that grow room into mass producing brand. You become the corporation.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
A clear bag means it is cheaper for you to get quality product. If a fancy package and label is what you are after you prolly just started smoking a few years ago and I can't offer any other advice. Proper cannabis is sought because of the quality not packaging.

SocalNugz

A clear bag means it is cheaper for you to get quality product. If a fancy package and label is what you are after you prolly just started smoking a few years ago and I can't offer any other advice. Proper cannabis is sought because of the quality not packaging.

I feel the same way HOWEVER it really doesnt matter how WE feel. Its the patients perception we are talking about and good bad or ugly people equate nice packaging and labels with top shelf product. Its VERY hard to get away with from anyone under 30 or so its just what they have come to expect.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How about a small toy like Cracker Jacks used to include before they switched to crap paper stick on tats

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uh im feeling the need to point out that last post was in jest.... lol if its all packaging then that makes it easy

AeroKush102

I hate to waste time addressing things that I am more than knowledgeable about. First, would you buy a beer from the store that had no label on it, and the man at the counter said, "trust me, its good"? No? Well, I wouldn't either. When you shop for beer you shop brands, branding is selling psychology. If you find someone with good beer this time at the liquor store then you're going to search the isles looking for that brand again when your taste buds want the flavor. It's the same with beans, grits, orange juice, salt, oatmeal and etc. BRANDING! I probably have been doing this commercially longer than you have been growing, no disrespect. Throwing low blows at me isn't a good route to take, smartass! Proper quality cannabis should be in a package so everyone knows its quality, then everyone will post your packaging on instagram, Facebook and etc. Go figure. You can start with plastic bags and a sticker. Be intelligent.

Aota1

Here in Eugene there's over 20 dispensaries to choose from. There's a few that always have seriously nice herb. The one I manage is one of them. I visit a lot of others to stay aware and the majority are pretty terrible so there's that.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I hate to waste time addressing things that I am more than knowledgeable about. First, would you buy a beer from the store that had no label on it, and the man at the counter said, "trust me, its good"? No? Well, I wouldn't either. When you shop for beer you shop brands, branding is selling psychology. If you find someone with good beer this time at the liquor store then you're going to search the isles looking for that brand again when your taste buds want the flavor. It's the same with beans, grits, orange juice, salt, oatmeal and etc. BRANDING! I probably have been doing this commercially longer than you have been growing, no disrespect. Throwing low blows at me isn't a good route to take, smartass! Proper quality cannabis should be in a package so everyone knows its quality, then everyone will post your packaging on instagram, Facebook and etc. Go figure. You can start with plastic bags and a sticker. Be intelligent.

Well I brew beer and bottle it in clear bottles. People hound me for it constantly. If a product is the best, packaging does not mean squat. If you are trusting packaging to tell you what is good or some dude behind the counter, well then you really don't know what you are looking at.

I am not saying nice packaging and labeling doesn't help it sell, but it doesn't help it be good quality. I guess I could put labels on beer bottles, but I would rather spend my time brewing more beer because I can't keep it around very long. Same with herb. People try it, realize its fantastic and want more.

I can't help with catering to folks under 30, I'm far removed from the trust fund growers and smokers. In an illegal state labels will get traced back and trouble would occur. You have to remember that the majority of the country is passing clear sandwich bags in a dark parking lot. Just because you buy it at a store with shiny stickers and inflated stats printed on the package doesn't mean everybody has that option.

AeroKush102

Lester Beans, packaging helps distinguish the good and the bad. Whatever, stay where you are, don't listen to me. Stay right there... don't move. Watch everybody go around you.

Btw, I brew beer, and if I were really good, I would brew a lot, and then, I would brand it, LIKE ALL BEER COMPANIES DO! smh.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Lester Beans, packaging helps distinguish the good and the bad. Whatever, stay where you are, don't listen to me. Stay right there... don't move. Watch everybody go around you.

Btw, I brew beer, and if I were really good, I would brew a lot, and then, I would brand it, LIKE ALL BEER COMPANIES DO! smh.

By all means go around me, knock yourself out. I have never seen a dispensary, I do not care to see one, and I don't sell erb. My point was agreeing with the OP, support the Mom and Pops.

If you are aiming for your own brand, go for it dude, wish ya the best!

Just my opinion, a good product does not need flashy packaging to be a good product. Tomorrow I will load up my unlettered truck, take my produce to auction in unlettered bushels, and command the highest prices there. Because the product speaks for itself.

S

SooperSmurph

Sad to say it but the people saying "it's all in the packaging" are 100% right.

Took two grams of the exact same, home made wax. Printed out some random numbers on an address label and stuck it to the bottom with the name. Wrapped another gram, of the same product, in parchment and then placed it into my silicone carrier.

8/10 tasters failed to identify the fact that the two samples were the same. 7/10 preferred the "dispensary" sample.

Sad, ignorant shit right there.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In this throw away world consumers rule the roost.

It too bad that peeps are so caught up in being consumers (entitled) instead of producers!

Not to say tere aren't any producers... those that truely are, are typically immersed in improving the quality of their product while at the same time either maintaining or improving production rates.

Labels are labels... they do absolutely zilch, zero, nada, nuttin for improving a product.

Blind folks can FEEL the difference. They don't give two shits how a plastic bag looks!

Unfortunately, the entitled only know labels & not much else. They're nothing but brand whores buying a product because it's popular.

What really sucks about these dispensaries on the Western Slope is that all the weed I've sampled have tasted nearly identical. It matters not the name... the terps are mostly evaporated off during druing & aromas are typically of soap or something of that nature.

Yes... Branding creates sales but it matters not to those who aren't purchasing branded products. Un branded products could easily outpace the branded shit, at half the cost, if it were allowed into the legal market, as it should be.

I wonder what percent of dispensary sales are citizen purchases?

Here in Eugene there's over 20 dispensaries to choose from. There's a few that always have seriously nice herb. The one I manage is one of them. I visit a lot of others to stay aware and the majority are pretty terrible so there's that.
Of the 750 outlets in CO I only go to 2. It's called choice.

bs