What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yet another reminder to avoid dispensaries when possible.

BangBangDeluxe

I would say overall, coming from the black market in KS, I am not THAT impressed. I had a guy with the same strain every time, and it was the biggest mind warp I've ever had. I would constantly forget halfway though a bowl I was smoking.

My first 2 years were dealing with Rec shops. I tried everything I could get my hands on. Nothing had flavor or any recognizable high. It looked great, and so did the bud tenders (FreshBaked), but I was trying to figure out what I was missing.

After a few thousand dollars I found some decent nug. My favorite strains have been Green Crack, Chem Dawn, Trainwreck, Super Lemon Haze, Jilly Bean, and Sour Diesel.

My favorite shops have been The Farm and The Station in Boulder, and KindLove in Denver. My goto shop is MedicineMan in Aurora or Terrapin in Boulder for price and proximity.

My first main shop was Terrapin for cheap mix&match quarters, since I was all about finding the best strains.
The Station's Super Lemon Haze smells out of this world. I get it every time I go, and they have consistently quality buds.
The Farm can have a long wait and the prices are high, but the bud is usually quality. I have had a few bland strains from them.
Medicine Man attracted me with 3 gram shatter for $89 w/ coupon from cannasaver, but I have purchased 3 separate bags full of seed. Healthy striped seeds that popped without even trying, but I kept wondering what the bud would have been like unpollinated.
Now that I have Med paperwork, I have been checking out KindLove's Black label, for the terps : )

ElRubio

Veteran
Thanks everyone for all the tips!

I´ll arrive to Colorado in a few days, and I can´t wait to start my own "finest bud" search hahaha

Vibes!

Jonny Lan

Breaks my heart to see how corperate Cannabis is already destroying the real message of the herb which was based on peace and love. People getting hostile over a thread about packaging...
I'm 26 years of age and growing up have alway bought in plastic bags. I've recently seen dispensaries take a lot of the market. But I've never associated good herb with packaging. I know what good herb is. Home grown is usually where I find the kills. My brethren on Icmag all grow the kills. For my friends and family I grow the kills. I would rather smoke the stuff I know I've grown organic with no eagle 20 than bud from a dispensary where their main goal is making money.
Herb is for the healing of the nation not for exploitation. My circle are all educated on what good herb is and why organic is important and veganic when possible. They are aware because I teach them. I did it through brochures. In these brochures I had knowledge on powdery mildew, harsh chemicals and other contaminents to explain why proper care and organic practices are best. My peeps could care less how the packaging is as long as they are getting it from a source that is growing the kills to their standard.

With that said, the only way my people and I can do that is with some form of recognition. Facial recognition has always worked in our smaller circles but if we decide to share our herb with those who don't know our face and are un educated on what great cannabis is, we might have to package it with some type of label so they can know its great herb from us. I only label and use vials because I find bags steal trichomes and because I grow a lot of strains.

Jonny Lan

I'm so high I kinda rambled on there, anways my main point Is that instead of fighting each other on packaging let's educate people on what good weed is and become better through knowledge as its the key that will set us free.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
packaging works even in illegal states. a few years back, an old boy near here was putting his buds in Cabbage Patch Kids baggies. within two weeks, everyone was asking for "cabbage". his weed was remarkable for the time, uniform round golf-ball sized buds that were wonderful! but you could tell to look at it whether it was the real thing or not...

Marketing is a starting point to help me find well priced, good tasting weed that in the old days we would be called powerful and will eff you up in a hurry. There, I said it.

bs

Is it easier to get decent bubble hash, or ice extraction hash in Colorado?

Any organic bud that isn't hydro flushed and force-dried?

I do hydro but don't like it as much as soil. More Terps in the soil product. The folks here are very advanced. Hash, reminds me of college and you can get any type. The only concentrate I would go for is Kief cuz I'm old school.

Can't locate Ww, Thai and Lb is kind of rare. Still some greate strains like Mbo and Flo and Gth (Rare DankNess)

Concentrates and edibles are the future but I'm old school except for only vaping now.

Google is your friend.

bs

ElRubio

Veteran
I have just come back from Colorado...and I loved it dudes! Denver is a vibrant city, and a what a beautiful place is the Colorado state, the mountains...

The ones I liked more: Kind Love, Lucy Sky, L'eagle, Preferred Organic Therapies (POT).

The ones I liked less: LaConte, Emerald whatever, Denver clone store

Also remember that Craiglist works really nice there. I got very nice herb from different guys announced there...just letting you know.

Vibes!!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So Cortez CO has 5 dispensaries...
Durango Organics, Medicine Man, Live Well, The Healing Alternative & Doobie Sisters.

I visited Doobie Sisters yesteday and found the place warm & inviting & the gals behind the counter were nice & presented their product well. They've, however, taken quality to a new low.
I picked up a bit of GSC & Green Crack.
GC was tollerable, smelled ok & smoked ok... Not great but not horrible.
GSC, on the other hand, is the absolute worst garbage I've ever smoked in my life. It tastes like shit eaten & shit again. I took two puffs from my bowl then couldn't smoke anymore.
Now my pallet isn't the best but damn... The rest of that $$ is getting composted!
Oh yeah, the list above is also in the order I rate the Cortez stores.

These aren't the only places I've visited just wanted to give a heads up, so to speak, for anybody visiting the 4 corners.

MrBungle

I was just reading about a dispensery that mixed natural pot and synthetic pot together and sold it to people... 4 dead 49 ill..... sounds horrible