What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yet another reminder to avoid dispensaries when possible.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I picked up a J of Tangie at The Bud Farm in Mancos while I was waiting the day for my dogs surgery.
When I went in, the gal that helped me was trimming some fresh greens right behind the reception counter. It smelled aight & I told them so.
Anyway, the gal that helped me got up & asked me to follow her into the sales room where we started chatting about what was on the shelf. I asked her what her fave was & she shuddered a bit then told me that she doesn't smoke the bud from there then proceeded to tell me that "there's something wrong without this bud!" refering to their in house grown products.
They had 2 jars that they had purchased from a front fange grower, Presidential Kush & some Lucinda Kush (named after Lucinda Williams). Unfortunately, both jars smelled extremely strongly of soap. I opted not to get any of the jarred buds & instead picked up a pre roll of Tangy. It's smelled good after all.

Well, what do ya know? I went a foundca spot to relax, up in the mtns, for a few & sparked that J up. I took one puff & was like... WTF? I couldn't believe that it tasted the way it did. I cant really explain it. It tasted like some chems I've never experienced before. I haven't a clue where to start as that J was fuckin nasty! I tossed the thing out! Hope it gets trampled by cows before it gets found.

The one good thing that came from the experience...
The gal had told me that that dispo was under new ownership & that the new owners seemed to have a better plan of operation & that she hoped their products would improve drastically.
Apparently the old owners got lazy once they didn't have to grow their own any longer & could purchase from commercial producers, according to my bud tender.

Fuckin small book there... Hehe

Drewsif

Dispensaries can eat shit and die. The first legal strain I ever bought was a nasty tasting citrus strain. It was the only one with a smell! What should have been a good day, something i saved the packaging, remembered the date, etc, turned out to be one of the worst revelations of my life. Not only was I right that dispo weed wouldn't be as good, but it didn't even resemble cannabis at all (except for looks)

I never knew what fake weed was until I moved to a legal state. Its actually the reason I joined Icmag, trying to figure out why all the Citrus strains tasted so fucking bad from dispensaries.

Haven't been able to try Tangie though I've seen it dozens of times. Go to the dispensary in AZ and you get 3 flavor options: lawn clippings, Kush-Infused, or Botanicare. Its the same in La and Co from what I've seen.

By "kush Infused" I mean most herb is bagseed blue dream or whatever, soaked in Terpenez, Terpenator, Sweet Citrus/Grape/Berry, Budcandy, Floranectar, Final Flush, Flawless finish, Sugaree, Sour Dee, KushyKush, Humboldt Honey, and what ever other fake scent "sweetener" products these clowns use to turn m39 into Ghostface Zkittlez Og Haze.

I am exaggerating a bit. Az has other flavors of bud too: Neem and milk sprays,usually in tandem. Yuuuuuuuum! A friend of mine who buys weed for lab samples (trying to build a case) buys a lot of neem bud from one dispensary who owns 7% of the market. He overheard the owner saying one day "These punks who come in here smelling the jars are just a bunch of stoners".

Lol well i guess this guy's botanicare pbp neem crop is just too fuckin medicinal for terpenes or any other mark of quality, like a trim job. I feel like a fucking canary in the coal mine. A botanicare sniffing dog.

"i dont believe in flushing bro, i feed double strength during flower".. Lol you can taste when these dispo clowns change nutes and they say" its a plant, its inconsistent". Yeah? That's why the kush tasted like kush last week and taste like milk today? And you're the pros, right? Stold my grow rights cuz your the pros? Anyone remember that? Sitting there laughing at cardholders, growing and selling fucking premature experimental tester crops or wtf are they admitting?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts