What's new

y the fuck do ppl get so "hung-up" about dreadlocks????

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I turn so much around in bed at night ......if I was that fellow above I would have strangled myself in my sleep long ago......

.....looks like he makes a living out of showing his hair off though.....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Once I was in Jamaica and saw these Rasta's with very long dreads.....so long that they used them as a mat to sit on when on rough ground......a lot of the younger guys (non real rasta's) found that having dreads helped get them noticed by older white women who wanted to 'Rent a Rasta'.......for naughty adult fun....

C

Chong_Irie

not to be a dick.. but you answered your own question at the beginning. You started off by saying it was meaningless and then say you liked it because it was non conformist. And we all know white youths show how much of a non conformist they are by doing what black people do...

I think there is documentary about that Rent a Rasta thing.

Last edited:
M

Mountain

Don't know if it was this thread or not but shaved my head in the last 30 minutes. Hadn't had a hair cut in a few years. Was pony tail length and said...time for a change so now I got that golden globe look...shiny! Hair is over rated IMO.

L

longearedfriend

Mountain. you should give it to a cancer foundation of sorts

---

thanks for sharing the rent a rasta thing

http://www.rentarasta.com/

women go to jamaica to get their groove back

because they are afraid of being with black men because of social taboo

or because they are tired of the fat, old white men

or just to get some youngsters

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Sometimes Dreads can mean what social Class you are in.Looking run down,having dreads,smelling funny.Sometimes it means,one doesn't really give a crap about anything anyways.So why bother?
I have long hair but no way would I have dreads.I like taking care of my hair,looking nice and purdy and shiny.Dreads didn't comes from hippies,They came from a Rasta background.Hippies had long hair.Dreads wrecks the hair anyways.

Hair is a breathing thing...getting it all tangled up,not washing it.Looks kinda like a disorganized look if that's one's goal,but wants to be a wolf in a sheep's clothing,like you're hiding pounds of weed...lol

Relax..take a toke.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I shave mine regularly...that said, I don't give a shit what kind of or how much hair you have on your head, but what kind of person you are inside. Real talk! :ying: :ying: :ying:

Some of those dready chicks are hot. I especially like the first one posted, she has very pretty eyes (I'm a sucker for a chick with pretty eyes!). To each their own, eh? :wave:

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I am business in the front, rasta in the back. its like a mullet but with dreads

my friends call me Patchouli

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i grow and shave my hair every 3 years for locks of love...

once it hits 'round 10" the looks get pretty judgmental..

couldn't imagine dreds.. temper to hot. id end up gettin' KTFO for jumping on some billy making comments.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Dreads didn't comes from hippies,They came from a Rasta background.

really? you think cavemen had nice flowing straight hair? what did they do before combs and shampoo? people's hair has been dreading for thousands of years, it didn't start with rasta in the 19/20th century. Hindi Babas have dreads too. they're just holy men.

speaking of dreads though....

Keep your culture. Don't be afraid of the vulture. Grow your dreadlock. Don't be afraid of the wolf pack. Rastaman live up. Binghi-man don't give up.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Traditionally 'locks' are shared by the Sadhu in India and the orthodox Jews of the Middle East. Rasta communities later adopted the Leviticus as a way of living,, and grew 'locks' to remind them of the 'dread' in society.

Jah bless

Dreadlock jump the fence... Rasta come through the gate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG0eEUc9geU

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Let it grow and don't worry bout what others think/say! My baby boy hasn't got locks yet and I won't. Force him to wear them but when he is a lil oder he can decide if its time to toss the comb away :) 13 yrs or so for me...cpl more and they/l prob be on the ground. :) keep them clean.....good vibez

Latest posts

Latest posts