XBOX360 vs PS3

Votes: 69 49.3%
  • PS3

Votes: 71 50.7%

• Total voters

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Wut is RROD? Yeah that new Resident Evil is gonna be the shit. Last one I played was code veronica, Resident Evil one is a classic, them dogs bustin through the window was the shit.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
thank god for 59.99 best buy warranties..ive walked in with a fucked up RROD xbox and walked out with a new one at least 3 times now hahahah...i need to re up my warranty, by the time it runs out the ps3 will be cheap as fuck anyway they just announced that on e3

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I had that happen twice... sent it in and gottit fixed in one month. Iv actually sent it in 4 times cuz one time I dropped it and one time my girl threw it at me, I just used the red ring of death as an excuse.. :muahaha:
When this happens they send me a new system and extend my warranty, so its good to break your xbox every 2 years and get a free new one :asskick:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
your girlfriend threw it AT YOU?? the only thing that would warrant that type of action is if she caught you in bed with another woman. If that is not the case, leave that psycho immmediately!~

buttyrekka

its a bit sad about the 360 having the RROD,i loved the old xbox(after chipping it and putting in a big hard drive)i still use it everyday!!..if they fix the 360 i still might buyone..but i dont like the way they dumped the old xbox,and stopped releasing games as soon as the 360 came out:(

Last edited:
W

Wunderkind

buttyrekka said:
..but i dont like the way they dumped the old xbox,and stopped releasing games as soon as the 360 came out:(
you are mistaken. They continued to release games for it, no one cared though.

dirtyshawa

rrod, isn't a big deal. it happened to both my 360's. my first one(the core version) got it and while i was waiting for he replacement i bought an elite. a month after getting my core 360 back my elite started freezing and the picture started fucking up. so, they replaced that one. my replacement 360's run absolutely beautifully. i didn't have to pay anything and i didn't have the extended warranty. xbox support was helpful and you get a free month of xbox live when you have problems with the 360. the ps3 is okay but, it doesn't have the titles to match up with the 360. the 360 has more memory and when you buy the good games for the ps3 it eats your memory up just to play them. with the 360 you get more bang for your buck, and more people to play against or team up with. xbox live is about to have more people playing online than there are people that actually own a ps3. that says a lot right there, and i'm a playstation man. it just doesn't stack up to the 360. it's like that horse that tried to win the kentucky derby for the triple crown. the ps3 had a bad start out of the gate, with very little worthwhile content, plus, sony has lost 3.3 billion on the ps3 it's only a matter of time before they start to pull back on her reigns.

Kinimod

GET MO said:
didnt wanna do it but they debaten on the grand theft auto page, so lets figure it out!

So, I was originally with PS3. BUT BUT BUT. For online play (which is what I'm about) Live seems to be the cleanest out of all the systems and their online play service takes the cake.

dirtyshawa

Kinimod said:
So, I was originally with PS3. BUT BUT BUT. For online play (which is what I'm about) Live seems to be the cleanest out of all the systems and their online play service takes the cake.

so, true. if your not playing online then there's no reason to have a video game.

Mr. Freeman

just a fellow cannabis smoker, vaper, cooker and r
ICMag Donor
rrod, isn't a big deal. it happened to both my 360's. my first one(the core version) got it and while i was waiting for he replacement i bought an elite. a month after getting my core 360 back my elite started freezing and the picture started fucking up. so, they replaced that one. my replacement 360's run absolutely beautifully. i didn't have to pay anything and i didn't have the extended warranty. xbox support was helpful and you get a free month of xbox live when you have problems with the 360. the ps3 is okay but, it doesn't have the titles to match up with the 360. the 360 has more memory and when you buy the good games for the ps3 it eats your memory up just to play them. with the 360 you get more bang for your buck, and more people to play against or team up with. xbox live is about to have more people playing online than there are people that actually own a ps3. that says a lot right there, and i'm a playstation man. it just doesn't stack up to the 360. it's like that horse that tried to win the kentucky derby for the triple crown. the ps3 had a bad start out of the gate, with very little worthwhile content, plus, sony has lost 3.3 billion on the ps3 it's only a matter of time before they start to pull back on her reigns.

I prefer the PS3. It is sooo much better hardware. The games that are strictly for the PS3 are better too. You can tell. MetalGearSolid4 is just 1 example, most of the games look like a movie and once the movie stops it took me a while sometimes to realize that the movie was over and the game had started. Now that is technology at its best. I have not found an x360 game that looks as good as MGS4! Plus, i've never heard of a PS3 dieing out on someone. I can even play blu-ray discs. To me the PS3 is unbeatable and will eventually win on the long run, once most people realize it. And yes I'm a hardcore gamer and own just about every console... :2cents:

Yes you could compare the red ring of death with anal prolapse!

don't be mad cause gta is no longer a ps3 exclusive & now it's partially a 360 exclusive now. It'll be alright my man. Anyways no ill feeling over here towards ps3. Just excited about GTA IV Lost & damned. It's going to be epic.

RandyMarsh

I only have a 360, but I'd love to have a ps3, if I didn't have to pay for it. I got my 360 in a trade for an old truck of mine that didn't run and a qp of green. Then I got it flashed to play burnt games in exchange for a couple of joints. My experience with the 360 has been great, but Like Mr. Freeman said, MGS4 is fucking amazing. And I would really like to own that shit.

Che

Veteran
PS3 is a great console, but it has it's flaws too. Mine is really loud most of the time (fan gets really annoying) and the blue ray drive has been failing for a while. I've cleaned it a few times, but it no longer helps.
Considering buying a new one and just swapping hard drives..

flexo

PS3 rocks all around and for those wondering 360 will never get BRD.

I used to have both but gave my 360 to my bro. the only thing i'm going to miss about the 360 is Splinter Cell: Conviction when it gets released.

Che are you kidding, the 360 has a jet turbine for a DVD Drive, that thing is louder than ever!

You also bring up a good point about the PS3, you can upgrade HDD's very easy.
I had my BRD fail also, but the turn around time for repair was less than a week for me, much faster than my 360 experience.

THC123

Veteran
I always owned platstations.

But up to now i think xbox has sharper graphics on multi platform games.

The ps3 has potential , but they still can't use it properly.

I would like a ps3 but i am going for an xbox , since the ps3 can't be modded yet and games are large in size to download.

But still the day i am getting my xbox i am also buying a converter so i can hook up an ps2/ps3 pad.

I played xbox many times , but i just hate the controller , and for fighting games it's just useless.

RandyMarsh

I always owned platstations.

I played xbox many times , but i just hate the controller , and for fighting games it's just useless.

I used to be all Playstation before I got my 360. I was really turned off by the controller when I first played it. But now I think it's the superior controller. The 360 one at least. Original xbox ones are junk.

Oh and the noise of the xbox seems to have improved on newer models. My older 360 can be heard clean across the house. However, my bro just bought a 360 a few months back and you can hardly hear it at all.

Che

Veteran
PS3 rocks all around and for those wondering 360 will never get BRD.

I used to have both but gave my 360 to my bro. the only thing i'm going to miss about the 360 is Splinter Cell: Conviction when it gets released.

Che are you kidding, the 360 has a jet turbine for a DVD Drive, that thing is louder than ever!

You also bring up a good point about the PS3, you can upgrade HDD's very easy.
I had my BRD fail also, but the turn around time for repair was less than a week for me, much faster than my 360 experience.

I'm not saying they're all loud, or that I even have a 360 to judge it by.
I have a "Launch 60GB" PS3 - and it's been folding/gaming 24/7 ever since I got it. I blame my environment for the loudness... the PS3 is a dust magnet and doesn't like it. It was much quieter when it was new... which is why I am considering just replacing the whole thing.
In comparison to my gaming pc, it's moderately loud. Compared to my notebook, it's REALLY loud. I just couldn't stand it anymore. So now it's unplugged and waiting to be replaced...