XBOX360 vs PS3

XBOX360 vs PS3

Votes: 69 49.3%
  • PS3

Votes: 71 50.7%

• Total voters
D

DogBoy

GTA was good up until Liberty City, with 4 they ruined it by taking out most of the flying and making it too similar to the last batch. I stopped playing at 48% because it was just the same missions as i had done previously. I will not buy another copy of this unless the take a fresh direction. It's getting stale and GTAIV was definately a step back from where they were going with Liberty City.

I have to disagree, if we're talking about the previous generation of GTA, based on the gta3 engine, Vice or the original are easily the best. San Andreas was just so-so for me, sure they added some stuff, but who really cares about eating bugers and making your dude fat. I'm glad the dropped the rpg like leveling up with running, and all that stuff for IV.

Not saying SA was bad, just I found myself playing 3 and Vice a lot more. Maybe because I was involved in the early GTA3 modding, carried over to Vice and was all GTA'd out by SA, also I only played that version on the consoles whereas I played GTA3 and Vice exclusively on PC. I used to love messing with the handling and car files, adding much cooler cars with more realistic handling. There was even hacked vice (and gta3) that allowed you to play with other people over the net, for like deathmatches and shit. Also it was pretty fun when we starting playing with main.scm to add our own missions to the games.

This newest one I do like a lot though, the physics and overall gameplay are so much above what they were before, and no police stuck in and shooting out of a wall like in Vice! And GETMO, I understand the going backwards, but this wasn't GTA3 - the 4th, it's a complete rebuild from the ground up, new engine, new everything. I'd expect to see some more features that you might think are missing in the next one, in Tokyo. I'd like to be able to go into a lot more buildings/houses, even if there's nothing to do inside.

I dunno man...I still think GTA SA was the best. Something about it. It was soo expansive. So much area to cover, and everything was just amazing. From the storyline to the soundtrack...to being able to run your own little gang, date chicks, haircuts, get fat, skinny, learn fight moves, improve underwater breathing, workout, play lots a mini games. There were so many little details that made the difference. Vice city was great too. But for me GTA SA took it there. That game was great. GTA IV though is great step in a new direction. I can't agree when Getmo said they took a step back. I think they took a nice step forward. They couldn't outdo themselves with all the little perks from GTA SA. so they decided to keep it simple w/ many new features that fans have been wanting for a while. The gameplay and graphic are also improved majorly from the previous installments.

Right now; I am currently downloading GTA IV: The Lost and Damned. I can't wait to play that shit. I feel like a little kid on christmas. Don't want to go to sleep, but tired of waiting!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Remember parachuting into the military base in san andreas? classic. Also the way they captured LA in the early 90's was heavy. Just finished downloading the new chapter, got school in the mornin at 9am damnit.....

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Left 4 Dead?

I still haven't gotten that game. I want to though. Seems like fun..especially in the dark by myself.

Ah no not that game. It is the Nazi zombie level on COD World at War. There is something satisfying about massacring zombies. Watching the heads pop like rotten tomatoes.:muahaha:

Remember parachuting into the military base in san andreas? classic. Also the way they captured LA in the early 90's was heavy. Just finished downloading the new chapter, got school in the mornin at 9am damnit.....

Yeah man, GTA SA did capture the 90's well. And yeah that parachute mission was great. It had me scared shitless..Actually most missions for that government guy were over the top & had me nervous. My chapter is still downloading unfortunately (slow connection).

Haha...this week is gonna be bad for me. Finals & the new chapter being out. But, I am going to have to quit my procrastination and get bussy. The game will still be here when I'm done, and I can have more fun with it during my two weeks off after this week. I remember back in high school & junior high; I used to fake being sick just to get to play the game for a full day non-stop. And forget about release day of GTA: SA...I didn't even go to school the day that dropped.

The memories...lol

SemperAltus

anyone play GTA4 for ps3 online? been playing a bit of this again?

still pissed the lost and the damned is for the box only... might have to rent it and dl on my sister 360

B

BigHerm

This system with the best game ever made. Maybe PS3 will get Halo 4. Nah doubt it.

Latest posts

Latest posts