What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wtf is wrong with rollitup?

Hiddenjems

So I have a lot of accounts a lot of places, and I don’t post at many or even visit the sites anymore. Rollitup was one of those.

I hadn’t posted there forever, but some how the other day I posted a pretty standard position on gun control. I get an email that I’m banned from the site?

All I said was that gun control is bad because it perpetuates a monopoly on violence by the government. Somehow that’s bannable? Wtf runs that place, purple haired screechers?

buzzmobile

Veteran
I hadn’t posted there forever, but some how the other day I posted a pretty standard position on gun control.

1676914552072.png

St. Phatty

So I have a lot of accounts a lot of places, and I don’t post at many or even visit the sites anymore. Rollitup was one of those.

I hadn’t posted there forever, but some how the other day I posted a pretty standard position on gun control. I get an email that I’m banned from the site?

All I said was that gun control is bad because it perpetuates a monopoly on violence by the government. Somehow that’s bannable? Wtf runs that place, purple haired screechers?

Someone who doesn't want people talking about guns and/or violence by the government.

Don't forget though, the ATF can be really nasty about Cannabis.

One of the local firearms dealers was arrested & spent about 5 years in Federal jail, had 120 firearms (their store stock) because they sold a firearm to someone who ended up having a legal record of Cannabis possession or simply a Medical card.

I knew the guy (the firearms dealer) from the gym. He was very organized, your basic semi-retired nice guy.

The US government hated him, and used Cannabis as the vehicle to be Exceptionally Nasty to a firearms person.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I'll be honest and say I wish this sort of discussion was not allowed here either. The worst thing Gypsy did to this site was allow the Speakers Corner and political discussion. Turned us all against each other overnight, resulting in many good people leaving. I say this as someone sucked into all this.

Cannabis grow sites are much better when they talk growing.

I think gun control is a great idea though. The world is not improved by more guns and I am glad I live in a society where most of us are not armed (sorry AOH).

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I found it eye opening to see how others think and feel... or do neither. I, for one, appreciate knowing others' opinions and values.

I guess the experiment of the Speaker's Corner has resulted in the determination that freedom of speech should be limited for the benefit of ignorance.

I think there's more to be said about IC's decorum than other sites'. Our mods are a lot better too.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
where most of us are not armed (sorry AOH).
you aint stepping on my toes, lol. i know a shitload of folks that i wish did not have guns either. many should not be trusted with cars, large dogs, scissors, or slingshots. and don't start me on how you should need a permit to have children! but until they figure out how to disarm the criminals FIRST, i'm not interested in conversations about "getting rid of guns". criminals cannot be required to register THEIR guns because that breaks the bit in the Constitution about being forced to give evidence against yourself. not interested in becoming like Great Britain either, where you are expected to run from your house if burglars break in. not giving my vehicle to a car-jacker either, sorry. you can't give the criminals the edge, you just can't.
"God made man. Sam Colt made them equal"

Hiddenjems

I hadn’t posted there forever, but some how the other day I posted a pretty standard position on gun control.
i was hoping we could flush this whole sub forum to a digital hell sewer where it belongs with the upgraded software...but at least now the mods can simply ban the shitheels from the speakers corner while still allowing them to not post any useful growing content...
Define “shitheel” please. Because over there it’s anyone with a different view than they have in their daisy chain/circle jerk.

h.h.

Veteran
Define “shitheel” please. Because over there it’s anyone with a different view than they have in their daisy chain/circle jerk.
It’s the same here. It’s just people. They’re the same everywhere. They even cross post. Free speech on private websites isn’t free unless you yell. Then you get banned. Such is life. Don’t dwell on it. It’ll make you sick.

Hiddenjems

Unc isn't a huge fan of people that post solely in the Speaker's Corner and add nothing of value to any other subforum and he disdains shills who don't grow.

I totally get it.
There are a lot of people and ideas I do not like at all. Silencing those people with those ideas never crossed my mind.

My beliefs don’t require that you believe them.