What's new

Would you want ACE Seeds to carry Romulan?

tcherno

I have 3 or 4 favorites over a year on average, 2020 has clearly been marked by the smell of romulan, the pine is very present, its makes me think of pine alcohol, the fir tree as we call it in Brittany, it's pine forest and sweet at the same time, there are also pheno that smell a little mint candy, but even those are very pine dominant. I'm going to run my 2 pack in the back, and I've already used a male to see what romulan can give with durbanghaniXsourD Ibl. From my point of view it's an excellent strain, and finding a keeper is very easy.

I had 1 light hermia among the males and none with the females, 11/12 in germination, only good
I'll post pictures at my next run.

deepwaterdude

How’s your bro?
Mine was a herm unfortunately.
Hopefully better luck next time.

Hey, Fronk, been busy with a second run of the clones... I heard about the hermie issue with the regs. I seem to have got lucky as usual with the S1s;)

I wish I could still post pics. The S1s I ran, two seeds, were pretty identical as they should be. One I defoliated, the other no, and the non defol plant did best. Awesome plant and smoke, ready in 8-9 weeks, really beautiful, grenade sized, potent buds, impressive enough to run three clones of Romulus, finishing in a week from now. One's outdoors, 2 indoors, dealing with a small aphid infestation. I was surprised to find sandalwood and pine when smoking early samples, but I lost the amazing pine in the drying process. Didn't think I would like it, but I can tell you I'm hoping to meet it again in the clone harvest in a week or so, and then to better preserve it.

PM me an email and I'll email you pics of my Rom. No red trichs, but red leaf stems the whole time on my keeper. Of all I grew last round, the Rom is the fav with others for sure. For its bud style, which is very compact with a great crystal coat, basically like the pictures, it has a really great clean, sat effect, no sticky eyes like with my purple wreck, and doesn't put you to sleep, but'll stone you pretty hard, mentally. Great for shaking margaritas. I'm taking the clones longer than I took the mother, see what sort of effect I get.

Fronk

Hey, Fronk, been busy with a second run of the clones... I heard about the hermie issue with the regs. I seem to have got lucky as usual with the S1s;)

I wish I could still post pics. The S1s I ran, two seeds, were pretty identical as they should be. One I defoliated, the other no, and the non defol plant did best. Awesome plant and smoke, ready in 8-9 weeks, really beautiful, grenade sized, potent buds, impressive enough to run three clones of Romulus, finishing in a week from now. One's outdoors, 2 indoors, dealing with a small aphid infestation. I was surprised to find sandalwood and pine when smoking early samples, but I lost the amazing pine in the drying process. Didn't think I would like it, but I can tell you I'm hoping to meet it again in the clone harvest in a week or so, and then to better preserve it.

PM me an email and I'll email you pics of my Rom. No red trichs, but red leaf stems the whole time on my keeper. Of all I grew last round, the Rom is the fav with others for sure. For its bud style, which is very compact with a great crystal coat, basically like the pictures, it has a really great clean, sat effect, no sticky eyes like with my purple wreck, and doesn't put you to sleep, but'll stone you pretty hard, mentally. Great for shaking margaritas. I'm taking the clones longer than I took the mother, see what sort of effect I get.

Great to hear. :good:
I’ll have to pop the rest of my seeds then.
I also have the s1’s

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

I'm very keen to see it re stocked. Ive heard its good for nerve pain. Cheers

Deewdagain

Here was the clone I chose from 2 S1s. Quite awesome in all aspects;)

Attachments

• DSC05259.jpg
    DSC05259.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC05345.jpg
    DSC05345.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC05344.jpg
    DSC05344.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC05343.jpg
    DSC05343.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC05273.jpg
    DSC05273.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC05270.jpg
    DSC05270.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC05269.jpg
    DSC05269.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC05268.jpg
    DSC05268.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 73

deepwaterdude

Neptune seedbank has it all right now I might make f2

Nice! I'd like to check out the reg seeds, see what kind of diversity is in there, but great smoke from the one I chose. Phenomenal smell when burning and is not more indica that say Kali China, one of my favorite all time.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi DWD friend :) Although with a different nickname, it's a pleasure to see you around :huggg:

Those Romulan S1 look super solid and potent, perfectly grown too. Very happy to see you got some killer expressions from your Romulan seeds.
Looks like they will provide a very potent smoke to enjoy best in a warm sofa during these cold winter days.

Huggss and best wishes for 2021! ;)

Here was the clone I chose from 2 S1s. Quite awesome in all aspects;)

deepwaterdude

2 chosen males and lone female from the back cross seeds... chose 2 dudes opposite in nature to preserve some diversity, one dark and tight, the other light and branchy. Will also hit the hazes with the Rom pollen.

The dudes

IMG_0264.jpeg

Light Rom male

Light Rom male.jpeg

Dark Rom male

Dark Rom male.jpeg

The hedge of hazes and Romulette to be pollenated, post hailstorm...

The hedge of females.jpeg

deepwaterdude

Quiet in here;) Here is my Romulan grove, all one mother and her clones, mother pollenated with the two robust dudes above.

Big one back left is seeded in 17 gal coco with top dress, the 2 medium ones on right in 5 gal same mix and the last in 3 gal coming indoors now in flo. NIghts are in the low 40s and recently into the 30s and almost no turned hairs, still white robe. Around here at over a mile high, cold resistance serious consideration.

The Rom patch - all one plant.jpeg

The big girl close, in flo since aug 10.

Still all white and getting heavy despite cold nights.jpeg
Rom Bx mother sep 24 in week 7 of flo.jpeg

Girls in 5 gal week 5 flo close

Table Rom buds close week 5.jpeg
Chair romulette close in week 5.jpeg

Anyone else got anything from the Bx? Love to see. Also need to see how this one does indoors, what differences. Will be fun. Tad leafy, hope the chunky father did good work;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for the updates deepwaterdude friend :wave: me and i'm sure Jake and other Romulan fans and growers really appreciate your inputs with this old school North American cultivar. The Romulan female looks chunky and resinous at mid flowering ;) How are her scents so far ?

I think a cross between Original Haze and Romulan will be dynamite, very probably it will produce a very vigorous, potent, high quality and high yielding Haze/indica F1 hybrid like the original Nl/Haze was, but probably tastier since Romulan is much more aromatic and better tasting than Northern Lights (imo).

deepwaterdude

Thanks a lot for the updates deepwaterdude friend :wave: me and i'm sure Jake and other Romulan fans and growers really appreciate your inputs with this old school North American cultivar. The Romulan female looks chunky and resinous at mid flowering ;) How are her scents so far ?

I think a cross between Original Haze and Romulan will be dynamite, very probably it will produce a very vigorous, potent, high quality and high yielding Haze/indica F1 hybrid like the original Nl/Haze was, but probably tastier since Romulan is much more aromatic and better tasting than Northern Lights (imo).

Thanks, Doobs;) Turned out my hazes were dudes, I may have tortured them a bit too much;) The big, seeded mother is close to chop, may get her to the 21st if she can stand a couple of very cold nights. That's been the major challenge, but this particular female is holding up pretty amazingly, keeping white hairs until the end, all just starting to turn now with nights below freezing. Lookout, she's a fatty.

There are some pics in there of the buds of her seedless clones in smaller sacks, started flowering the 21 august while the mother got going 10th august. Very nice old school smells on all.

Massive babe.jpeg

Seeded mom day after 25 degree night. Still smells excellent. Gonna let her go as long as possible as long as no rot on her fat buds.

Romulette Oct 11.jpeg

daughter plants

One of the little ones.jpeg

chair rom close.jpeg

Attachments

• October 11 afternoon.jpeg
    October 11 afternoon.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Chair Rom.jpeg
    Chair Rom.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Looks like Romulette to me, no amber.jpeg