What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you want ACE Seeds to carry Romulan?

nldfarmer

I've no experience with these romulan seeds (yet!), and of course my experience is anecdotal, but I think I have part of this line obtained through more usual means. please delete if not appropriate to this discussion.

some of this does match up with a weird story I got about some romulan S1s I happened to get from a dispensary and my experience growing it out. grower was upset enough to pull the line after they let the seeds out due to a room light leak as it was supposedly a tightly held old IBL. tender offered to take them off my hands as they were valuable.

the S1s were strangely uniform, strong pine and more sativa than I thought romulan to be. indeed this was what started the pine chase for me. they were so uniform I grew all seeds out rather than clone and mixed the seeds of the two last females that I outcrossed. but, there was one plant that strongly expressed male in the direct S1s, threw me for a loop. I always think about that one since all other indications were the S1s were really an IBL S1, all female, very homogenous.

not saying this is all at related to these seeds, and if my line was romulan based on Jake's story it is likely a different concrete line.

just throwing it out there since it seems to be similar to these, generally consistent with occasional surprises thrown.

RomulanJake

hello
Jake

thank for your feedback

seems your measures are extreme
is not about that

as grower, one is not exempt from mistake
some hermaphrodite is expected always
for X or Y reason, it does not matter

what matters is breeder feedback/support
and open to suggestion or other experience
as a cross from many origins
you must expect such variancy

my feeling is i still can find a winner
or i would not waste my time

just be open
and not a dick
:)

thanks
:):dance013:

Brother.. trust me, I try really hard not to be a dick, but truth be told I am. Its something Ive had to face in the mirror in very hard ways throughout my life. Im not making excuses, but for the record I am full blooded Irish and was born with the typical Irish temper. I was raised by a redneck Irish family, and then served in the Marine Corps. I ended up with massive nerve damage and Firbromyalgia, that cause me severe pain daily. And I have a very bad case of PTSD. All of this wreaks havoc on my ability to remain level headed and calm, even in my old age. I struggle with it, truly. But I put a lot of effort into not being a dick to people, so when I am.. even inadvertently, it troubles me.

I honestly was not trying to be rude, or hurtful, or a dick to Hinky or anyone else that I have commented to. To anyone that I owe it to, I am truly sorry if I came off as an asshole in any way. I am sure that I have been a dick in here, and in the least that my wording was off and it was easy to take me as being a dick. But with Hinky I really was just concerned. First and foremost, that people in here would think I made that post.. first time poster, old account.. seems sketchy, and I know how you folks are awfully cagey in here about being lied to. (That part was a shock to me at first, because I had no idea what you all have gone through over the years.. I dont fault a single one of you for being doubtful and thinking people are lying until its been proven by others multiple times. It really has been a fucked up thing to be part of Cannabis like you all have in here. Im sure I have no clue as to how deep the lies and deceit has gone over the decades. But trust me that I get it now, and I understand).

Hinky's post just sounded too good to be true. I felt some of you may think I made it. And worse, some of you may think his experience is normal and get upset when your seeds dont result in massive yields and huge arm sized colas. I mean 2 foot colas, and 2 pounds per plant is craziness to me.. Im not a very good grower or breeder. This is all new to me, and I am learning along the way how to do this properly. So I wanted to ensure that first off he wasnt mistaken on what he grew.. and secondly I wanted to point out after that was cleared up, that his experience was of one pheno, one plant, and is not consistent with what we saw during testing at multiple growers sites prior to release.

Mistakes will be made, and have been already. I had to own up to a serious fuck up already when we mixed our uncured seeds into our cured fem rom seeds and then sold them at initial release. Customers got almost zero germ rates, and I had to pull them off the shelf and hold off on sales until they passed germ tests. So pulling my reg seeds is not something I do in jest. I am going to ensure, through my testers (which are more plentiful now then they were when I created the reg rom seeds), that these seeds are producing what I want others to get.

I dont want to see herm issues more than maybe 1 plant or 1 test site. I dont want to see testers getting plants that are consistently not strong Pine scent and taste. Those two are deal breakers to me.. or in the least, if those things are seen I will at a minimum be able to more concisely describe them to people and tell them what they should expect. None of this was witnessed during initial testing, so its important for me to see if maybe my testers just blew smoke up my ass back then, or if these few experiences that I just heard about are uncommon and simply flukes of Cannabis.:tiphat:

imakandi

his experience was of one pheno, one plant, and is not consistent with what we saw during testing at multiple growers sites prior to release.

hello jake

what i highlight
is what i think, is just one plant
is why there is no complaint or anything like that

just luck of the draw
normal is 95% bell
i am fine being in 5%

as more seeds sold
more events appear
is just numbers

the plant is good
i am sure i can make 2 lb out of it
with proper veg time and room

take care
:dance013:

RomulanJake

hello jake

what i highlight
is what i think, is just one plant
is why there is no complaint or anything like that

just luck of the draw
normal is 95% bell
i am fine being in 5%

as more seeds sold
more events appear
is just numbers

the plant is good
i am sure i can make 2 lb out of it
with proper veg time and room

take care
:dance013:

Thank you brother, I appreciate that.

And man.. I dont exactly grow for weight, but still.. if I could just get more than 1lb. off 1 plant, Id be so shit stoked excited you could barley contain me. :woohoo:

Fronk

This is my little one. I also have another one. Both from female s1’s.
Happy to post updates until the end on this thread.
Let the plants talk. :)

Attachments

• E5FD6065-C522-462E-8F3B-40AA9E844F33.jpg
    E5FD6065-C522-462E-8F3B-40AA9E844F33.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

deepwaterdude

This is my little one. I also have another one. Both from female s1’s.
Happy to post updates until the end on this thread.
Let the plants talk. :)

Gladly;)

Here are my two before flip, some of the strongest smells and plants in the room. These are the S1s as I don't have the regs yet, but so far, I very much like what they're doing.
As to pine terps, I don't have good memories of them in Amsterdam. I smoked quite a few that were strong pine and sorta lame. So I started to associate that with weak, but smelly pot. I'll be interested if these are piney and more importantly great smoke, that's fer sure.

As to intersex traits, dubi knows I can hermie anything, and usually hermie everything to a degree. I apologise for this in advance.

Attachments

• Romulan 2 - absolute stunner.jpg
    Romulan 2 - absolute stunner.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Romulan 1  - equally cool.jpg
    Romulan 1 - equally cool.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 25

RomulanJake

Gladly;)

Here are my two before flip, some of the strongest smells and plants in the room. These are the S1s as I don't have the regs yet, but so far, I very much like what they're doing.
As to pine terps, I don't have good memories of them in Amsterdam. I smoked quite a few that were strong pine and sorta lame. So I started to associate that with weak, but smelly pot. I'll be interested if these are piney and more importantly great smoke, that's fer sure.

As to intersex traits, dubi knows I can hermie anything, and usually hermie everything to a degree. I apologise for this in advance.

That last part cracked me up brother. :laughing:

draztik

Veteran
I would like to add my experience with Romulan Regular from Jake. I had 100% germ rate on all the seeds. At the time I started them I started way too many seeds and ended up neglecting some of the plants and only ended up with three females in the end. I culled all the males. One was full on Pine/terpentine/eucalyptus/menthol kind of smell. Amazing smell. Its actually a very unique smell which I have never experienced. It kind of reminded me of vicks vapor rub but pine/terpentine smell carrying through the whole time. I'm trying to describe the smell the best I can but I'm not doing it justice. And the high was just as good, very potent high, stoney but up at the same time or at least stonier than the other two plants. I really wanted to keep this plant but shit happens and I lost her. Another plant I had out of the batch really didn't have much smell going on, it had a similar smell to my keeper but had more subtle metallic/sandalwood kind of smell very faint though, it was sativa leaning in structure but the high from the plant was top notch. I really enjoyed smoking that plant. And the last plant that I ended up keeping, another very unique plant. I'll quote my other post where I described my keeper.
The Romulan regular non feminized version you offer Jake is some very special genetics. Hands down some of the finest herb I had the pleasure to experience. Real gems to be found in those seeds. It's difficult to really describe the smell of my keeper, it kind of reminds me of those Andes' after dinner mint chocolates with notes of sandalwood that follows the initial smell. Or like mint chocolate chip icecream. After you touch it and rub your fingers it smells like straight up sandalwood. I can't wait to try the S1 version.
So out of one pack of the regs that I neglected I ended up with two plants that were keepers and one of them was the Romulan pheno Jake describes. The other plant is just fucking amazing! I'll quote myself again from another post
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing these genetics. You and your family deserve praise for keeping this gene pool alive. Absolutely amazing! I had two plants that were very similar in smell, but my keeper had the better high, buzzing up sativa influenced and so so tasty. The other was more on the stonier side but extremely potent. I was going to keep that one too but had a micro drip fitting clog and didn't notice until it was too late. But my keeper is my new favorite smoke and I've had many elite clone only and this is right up with those and is a very unique plant. There is something about the flavor that reminds me of old school haze, maybe it's the Colombian in it. Jake thank you again, everyone needs to experience these genetics. It's like finding buried treasure.
Not much impresses me or even compels me to post about it on the internet but this did. It's that special.

RomulanJake

I would like to add my experience with Romulan Regular from Jake. I had 100% germ rate on all the seeds. At the time I started them I started way too many seeds and ended up neglecting some of the plants and only ended up with three females in the end. I culled all the males. One was full on Pine/terpentine/eucalyptus/menthol kind of smell. Amazing smell. Its actually a very unique smell which I have never experienced. It kind of reminded me of vicks vapor rub but pine/terpentine smell carrying through the whole time. I'm trying to describe the smell the best I can but I'm not doing it justice. And the high was just as good, very potent high, stoney but up at the same time or at least stonier than the other two plants. I really wanted to keep this plant but shit happens and I lost her. Another plant I had out of the batch really didn't have much smell going on, it had a similar smell to my keeper but had more subtle metallic/sandalwood kind of smell very faint though, it was sativa leaning in structure but the high from the plant was top notch. I really enjoyed smoking that plant. And the last plant that I ended up keeping, another very unique plant. I'll quote my other post where I described my keeper. So out of one pack of the regs that I neglected I ended up with two plants that were keepers and one of them was the Romulan pheno Jake describes. The other plant is just fucking amazing! I'll quote myself again from another post
Not much impresses me or even compels me to post about it on the internet but this did. It's that special.

Man.. that made me a little emotional there to read that again brother. Seriously.. thank you for sharing this. Warms my heart. :tiphat:

draztik

Veteran
I'm actually really pissed you had to take the regs down from the site. Honestly I was pissed at first but now I'm worried I can never get my hands on that particular batch again. I don't really care about names I care about end results. And what I got out of that batch had me wanting more. I actually grabbed the S1's instead of another pack of regs because I figured they would always be available. I hope this shit works out, I want more of those regs.

RomulanJake

I'm actually really pissed you had to take the regs down from the site. Honestly I was pissed at first but now I'm worried I can never get my hands on that particular batch again. I don't really care about names I care about end results. And what I got out of that batch had me wanting more. I actually grabbed the S1's instead of another pack of regs because I figured they would always be available. I hope this shit works out, I want more of those regs.

Its already 100% fine. I am continuing with the test for several reasons: to keep my word, for my own peace of mind, and so that we have more feedback available on our website that customers can look over.

What actually happened was I learned that herms happen. I was misled to believe that they shouldnt ever appear if Ive done my job right. That coupled with the other complaints that all came in at the same time made me panic, that somehow I fucked up. And being so new to a lot of this stuff, I decided that the best course of action was to do a large, widespread test to ensure that what I felt I was releasing, is exactly what I released.

I have plenty of those regs, still have both P1 plants, still have old seed stock to work even more from, and still have an IBL Romulan in the works. No need to be pissed, or worried my brother. If anyone has some of our reg seed Romulan that they havent popped, they can pop em and they'll be just fine.

Ive already spoken to many, many customers since this thread got me all worked up. I almost immediately made an Instagram post, and we have nearly 7k followers there.. I asked if anyone had a bad experience with our seeds, or me, or anything with us.. to let me know, and to be as harsh as they needed to be.. I specifically said DO NOT HOLD BACK.. PLEASE.

Not one person said anything negative about their experience. But many, many people said how good it was. Hundreds of comments, dozens of DM's.. all in under 24 hours. What I got from it, was a few lessons learned, and the knowledge that maybe 2 to 3% of our customers have seen an issue of any kind. Most of those were what seemed to me, to be user error with germination (i.e. just popping straight into soil and not having the best results). And I also learned that almost all the rest of our customers, seem to be finding keepers very easily, and running them several times and/or keeping them forever (at least that is their plan).

Our instagram account is not private, so anyone can take a look at those posts even without an account if they would like to. I think all you have to do is a google search for "Romulan Genetics Instagram".. and click on one of the websites that arent Instagram. *There are like these other sites that let you see peoples posts if their account is not private (and i know how many of you in here dont like instagram).

draztik

Veteran
Its already 100% fine. I am continuing with the test for several reasons: to keep my word, for my own peace of mind, and so that we have more feedback available on our website that customers can look over.

What actually happened was I learned that herms happen. I was misled to believe that they shouldnt ever appear if Ive done my job right. That coupled with the other complaints that all came in at the same time made me panic, that somehow I fucked up. And being so new to a lot of this stuff, I decided that the best course of action was to do a large, widespread test to ensure that what I felt I was releasing, is exactly what I released.

I have plenty of those regs, still have both P1 plants, still have old seed stock to work even more from, and still have an IBL Romulan in the works. No need to be pissed, or worried my brother. If anyone has some of our reg seed Romulan that they havent popped, they can pop em and they'll be just fine.

Ive already spoken to many, many customers since this thread got me all worked up. I almost immediately made an Instagram post, and we have nearly 7k followers there.. I asked if anyone had a bad experience with our seeds, or me, or anything with us.. to let me know, and to be as harsh as they needed to be.. I specifically said DO NOT HOLD BACK.. PLEASE.

Not one person said anything negative about their experience. But many, many people said how good it was. Hundreds of comments, dozens of DM's.. all in under 24 hours. What I got from it, was a few lessons learned, and the knowledge that maybe 2 to 3% of our customers have seen an issue of any kind. Most of those were what seemed to me, to be user error with germination (i.e. just popping straight into soil and not having the best results). And I also learned that almost all the rest of our customers, seem to be finding keepers very easily, and running them several times and/or keeping them forever (at least that is their plan).

Our instagram account is not private, so anyone can take a look at those posts even without an account if they would like to. I think all you have to do is a google search for "Romulan Genetics Instagram".. and click on one of the websites that arent Instagram. *There are like these other sites that let you see peoples posts if their account is not private (and i know how many of you in here dont like instagram).
That's good to know. I'm old school and don't have social media, I'm kind of against the whole thing, posting up on here a few times a year is about as close to social media as I get.

RomulanJake

That's good to know. I'm old school and don't have social media, I'm kind of against the whole thing, posting up on here a few times a year is about as close to social media as I get.

I hear ya there.. I was sort of forced to join social media, and resisted my friends telling me I had to do it.. wish I would've stuck to my guns some days, but all in all, I've been lucky to find a nice community in there. Lots of good people, and some have become genuine friends after years of chatting with each other.

deepwaterdude

Letting the plants just yap away:biggrin: Romulus and Remus go to flower on Friday after getting tied down.

Attachments

• Triple decker Romulus - Rom 1.jpg
    Triple decker Romulus - Rom 1.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Remus - Romulan S1 2.jpg
    Remus - Romulan S1 2.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 31

RomulanJake

Someone asked me for test results at one point in here, and I finally got my hands on some for you. It was brought to my attention that Pearl Pharma had grown my Romulan out, and was selling it in dispensaries in California here. So I contacted them to confirm, and that led to me asking if I could get access to their test results to share with people.. they were really nice and sent me their entire COA for the Romulan of mine they grew. I had nothing to do with any part of their grow, or the testing. I literally found out well after the fact.

The thing that stood out to me, is the 6.6% terpenes and the large variety of terpenes involved. Also it really seems to make sense now why Romulan is so well suited for medicinal use, with all of the anti inflammatory, pain, and anxiety compounds that are in it.

picture.php

picture.php