What's new

world of seeds

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I just finished a grow of WOS Landrace Afghan Kush and I was very impressed. I got over a pound from a 4'x4' room. The taste was a little peppery like it should be. The buzz is very heavy. Most of my friends don't like it because it's "too strong". LOL What they really mean is that it's a heavy buzz so they think it's strong.

I grew it primarily to make hash. I made some rosin out of it and it was superb. Very much like hard shatter. I'll let you know how the hash turns out.

It was everything it claimed to be in my grow and I was very satisfied with WOS. I would definitely recommend it. I may have a couple pics. I'll look.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Here are a few.

First is after 2 months veg on first day of 12/12

Second is just before harvest.

Third is buds harvest.

Attachments

• afgdayoneintoflower.jpg
    afgdayoneintoflower.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 37
  • justbefore.jpg
    justbefore.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Img_7447.jpg
    Img_7447.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 42

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yeah, looking back, I got almost 2 pounds from this harvest. 1 pound just in colas you see in the pic. And then, another 14 ounces of buds and popcorn.

Buds were all nice and frosty.

Attachments

• bud.jpg
    bud.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

ceausescu

The most potent pot i ever smoked was Afghan kush that i grew.I am using them for breeding this year hope it goes well.I use the regular version of this strain
Edit: it had a fruity smell

C

CannaBuilding

I have grown their strawberry blue and in the process of growing it again with a space.

Here are some pics of a strawberry blue clone which was taken from a clone of a clone etc etc, and it was from a revegged mother that i flowered from seed, would sprout nannah's in the end when she was done at about day 70 or so, really potent smoke, yeilded about 1.5 onces, cant remember how long i veged for.

also i had some WOS space and strawberry blue in storage, with temps exceeding about 35c+ in the room for about 1.5 years and i still got them to germ after all that punishment, they have great genetics and hardy plants.

here are some pics of the strawberry blue sativa pheno i grew for about 1.5 years, until i quit growing for about 1.5 years but now im back at it :)

Grow for life, peace all, happy growing.

WelderDan

Veteran
Some of you folks purchase from Herbies, no?

From Herbies website, WoS Colombian Gold (Landrace collection)

Description:

"Interesting crossback 25/75 indica/sativa landrace from colombia., giving as a result a mixture of pure lines come from santamarta zone.High, vigorous and branched, its smell is sweet and intense, stands out for its flavour and powerfull psychedelic effects."

From the WoS official Website: (They are now calling them "Pure Origin" instead of Landrace and their website has been updated since I last looked)

Colombian Gold

Genotype: 75% sativa / 25% indica

Now you can do, buy, or believe whatever you want. But most of the "Landrace Collection" stuff they were advertising before changing the website was back crosses. And when you read the description, it was pretty clear.

Some of it may be legit now, and there is obviously people satisfied with what they grew, but if you want a pure landrace strain, I'd be pretty skeptical of their offerings.

Caveat Emptor

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
That one's the only good/bad example of theirs and if I remember correctly, the only variety where they state something like that. Besides, 'sativa' and 'indica' are, in this context, completely arbitrary, bare of any science, and usually a result of the individual impression and gut feeling of the toker/breeder based on morphological aspects such as broad leaflets.
Just look at the China Yunnan by ACE, several Nepalese varieties, or the Sinai by RSC.
There was that interview (dunno where that was, sorry) with the founder of WoS. He said that the original idea behind his company was to create a seedbank for landraces. And then he found out the hard way that this doesn't pay off... so he started selling what everyone else does too. Which would in principal mean that his landraces, though highly worked as he admitted himself, are really pure varieties from around the world. It's not his fault if the one good plant he happened to stumble upon in the depth of the Amazons was from an Afghani x Skunk seed which dropped out of a smuggling plane :) . Goes without saying that most of the 'landraces' aren't true land races but just highly selected versions from once locally collected seeds. Some might indeed be land races, others heirloom varieties, or in many cases just some accident of globalisation, tourism, and ignorance.

ceausescu

i dont realy care if its pure landrace or not.I like it for the high of the fruity pheno yeah it grows slow and yeah it yields little but the high is worth it.
It gives you that giggly happy high that i like your whole body feels like its being massaged on my head i felt it most.
After a lot of strains that i try like 50 this was the best indica high.So that is why i work with it.

WelderDan

Veteran
That one's the only good/bad example of theirs and if I remember correctly, the only variety where they state something like that. Besides, 'sativa' and 'indica' are, in this context, completely arbitrary, bare of any science, and usually a result of the individual impression and gut feeling of the toker/breeder based on morphological aspects such as broad leaflets.
Just look at the China Yunnan by ACE, several Nepalese varieties, or the Sinai by RSC.
There was that interview (dunno where that was, sorry) with the founder of WoS. He said that the original idea behind his company was to create a seedbank for landraces. And then he found out the hard way that this doesn't pay off... so he started selling what everyone else does too. Which would in principal mean that his landraces, though highly worked as he admitted himself, are really pure varieties from around the world. It's not his fault if the one good plant he happened to stumble upon in the depth of the Amazons was from an Afghani x Skunk seed which dropped out of a smuggling plane :) . Goes without saying that most of the 'landraces' aren't true land races but just highly selected versions from once locally collected seeds. Some might indeed be land races, others heirloom varieties, or in many cases just some accident of globalisation, tourism, and ignorance.

As of right now it is. But a couple of years ago, almost all of the "Landrace Collection" was hybrids. They were advertised as being landraces, but were clearly hybrids if you read the description. And just because the new and improved site says its 100% sativa or indica, doesn't mean it isn't still a hybrid.

They were, and still are sketchy IMO, and I'm just passing on the info.

anyone grow world of seeds afghan kush or pakistan valley?

I put in 5 beans of WOS Afghan Kush Regular 6 weeks ago along with some other beans.

4 popped <48hrs, I accidentally killed one and I put 3 under a 600w MH.

I started out with 13 plants, lost 6 to garbage genetics (British Columbia BC NL #5), the only 3 Sensi Nothern Lights I had were males (beautiful plants, broke my heart to kill them) one of only 2 DJ Shorts Blueberry was a male and 1 WOS AK was a male.

As I only had 3 plants but room for 2-3 times that many of the same size, I rebooted to 24/0 revegging today after showing their sex a few days ago (I've been waiting on my DJS Blueberry, and I'm happy to say my best plant is a girl).

So, basically, these plants have had a 3 1/2 veg and a 2 week stretch after original flip.

The 2 World of Seeds Afghan Kush regulars I have are first rate. Top class. These females are looking as good at the same stage of growth as any Kush dominant plants I've ever grown in 20 years of practice.

There is 2 distinct phenos.

a) A tall, branchy "sativa" pheno but with broad, indica leaf. It looks similar to a plant from my last grow - I chopped 4 ounces of primo bud off it, a really nice plant.

It is 35" tall, has 8 distinct nodes, a big healthy crown around 8" long, branches up to 20" and is 22" wide. Leaf is indica in shape, has 11 fingers and is medium /dark green in color.

b) A short, squat branchy indica pheno in every respect. 21" tall, has 7 distinct nodes, a big healthy crown of around 6" in length, branches up to 16" and is 15"wide. Leaf is indica in appearance, has 11 fingers and is medium/light green in color.

The plants were fed generic hydro grow nutrients at 50-60% strength during veg and first 10 days after flip. They have been on Canna Classic Flores at "light feeding" of 2.5ml/l or 62.5% of full strength for past 4 days.

All I can say at this point in time is these are great plants. I will be taking cuttings off these 2 and my DJ Short Blueberry so I can do a full grow SOG, as my setup costs the same to run if it's full or only half full.

I like the only 3 females I have (2xAK and 1xBB) and they have just begun to bloom, but I won't get anywhere near enough to last me until my next chop if I just keep going with them as they are.

I will keep the thread informed of how these plants perform, but I'm expecting good things from these individuals.

C

CannaBuilding

I still dont understand how others say WOS genetics are garbage. I had 2 WOS space and 2 WOS Strawberry, The seeds were about 2-2.5 years old, stored in a jar with silica beads, but room temps got to 35Degrees C + some days in summer, and 1 of each cracked, and they are very strong looking plants. Also the bud from my previous Strawberry blue grow was like no bud i have vaped or smoked before, most potent ganja i have tasted to date, not like there is good ganja here in Australia anyway lol, but nothing i had bought from anyone was like the bud i grew.

Im at Day 36 veg and they are stinking up quite nicely, Strawberry blue is a very strong kushy smell, and the Space is more on the fruity side with some kushy notes.

here are some pics at Day 35 Veg in 0.5L pots with coco, watering 2 times a Day with Dr Luther Bioponics Nutrients at 0.95Ec, need to be repotted.
Space
picture.php

picture.php

Strawberry Blue
picture.php

picture.php

Peace to all, and happy growing :)

SpaceJunkOG

my experience FWIW:

bought 2 packs from WoS - Kilimanjaro and Pakistan Valley. This was about 6 months ago. Germinated 6 KJ, 6 PV, and 3 other different strains from 3 other breeders - all sativa landraces.

The WoS seeds were considerably smaller than all other seeds I received from other breeders (smaller than "normal" seeds), they looked slightly immature, and were more rounded than usual. Also, the Kilimanjaro seeds looked identical to the Pakistan Valley seeds - which I found odd. You'd think an African sativa would have bigger seeds than these tiny little things.

ZERO OUT OF TWELVE of the World Of Seeds popped. ZERO. wanna know how many of the other ones popped? 15 out of 18.

So I went a step further and did the H2O2 soak, a few other things, and managed to get ONE OF THE TWELVE WoS seeds to pop. It broke the surface, then I just decided - if only 1 out of 12 of these things popped, I don't think I wanna be growing this shit.

I bought other landrace strains from other breeders and germinated them at the same time in the same germination tray and had 80% - 100% success.

And that was my one and only experience with World Of Seeds.

C

CannaBuilding

my experience FWIW:

bought 2 packs from WoS - Kilimanjaro and Pakistan Valley. This was about 6 months ago. Germinated 6 KJ, 6 PV, and 3 other different strains from 3 other breeders - all sativa landraces.

The WoS seeds were considerably smaller than all other seeds I received from other breeders (smaller than "normal" seeds), they looked slightly immature, and were more rounded than usual. Also, the Kilimanjaro seeds looked identical to the Pakistan Valley seeds - which I found odd. You'd think an African sativa would have bigger seeds than these tiny little things.

ZERO OUT OF TWELVE of the World Of Seeds popped. ZERO. wanna know how many of the other ones popped? 15 out of 18.

So I went a step further and did the H2O2 soak, a few other things, and managed to get ONE OF THE TWELVE WoS seeds to pop. It broke the surface, then I just decided - if only 1 out of 12 of these things popped, I don't think I wanna be growing this shit.

I bought other landrace strains from other breeders and germinated them at the same time in the same germination tray and had 80% - 100% success.

And that was my one and only experience with World Of Seeds.

Sorry to hear buddy, you must of got a bad batch, which seed shop did you get them from?

I have had nothing but great Results from WOS, had a mother that i kept for 2 years from seed and she went strong until i flowered her, gave consistent clones one after another, with each clone vegging for about 10 days and dry yield from 30 - 40 grams per plant in 1L pots with coco, on a drip feed system.

I guess i might have got a good batch of seeds, but i got my seeds from a reputable seed shop.

Peace to all, and happy growing.

SpaceJunkOG

Sorry to hear buddy, you must of got a bad batch, which seed shop did you get them from?

I have had nothing but great Results from WOS, had a mother that i kept for 2 years from seed and she went strong until i flowered her, gave consistent clones one after another, with each clone vegging for about 10 days and dry yield from 30 - 40 grams per plant in 1L pots with coco, on a drip feed system.

I guess i might have got a good batch of seeds, but i got my seeds from a reputable seed shop.

Peace to all, and happy growing.

i won't name the bank as everybody has varying opinions on which banks are legit and which aren't, but i'll say all the other seeds / breeders i got were from the same seed bank, and no problems, it's where i've always shopped.

i'm sure my experience isn't identical to everybody else's, it was just a big bummer as i had plans to use them in a cross.

Holeshot

WOS

WOS

I've grown two of their strains, the Kilimanjaro and the Wild Thai, both of the grew into pretty much exactly what was claimed. Pure landrace? I don't know but both good plants.

The Kilimanjaro was harvested September 7 in Oregon, a month earlier than anything else and grew big, well over a pound harvested in a small outdoor plant. High was just OK, not a keeper but being used in breeding for earliness.

The Wild Thai showed classic Thai leaves and grew big, at least 12' high and 8' wide yielding a couple of pounds. It also purpled up in the cold weather, not being harvested until early November. Again, nice, but not a keeper.

Neither of the plants were great, but they were at least of good a value for the money as Nirvana strains and grew into exactly what they claimed to be. Not like some very expensive seeds from a famous breeder for Medicine Man that grew into lanky sativas with hermies everywhere. And yes, they were bought direct, in the very fancy original breeder's pack.

I see lots of people hating on WOS, maybe they're jerks and their genetics aren't "fire" but there's a lot of other seed companies at least as deserving of dislike.
Hey Mate. I just popped there Columbian Gold and have wild Thai on the way. I was going to grow them out and maybe cross with Malawi.

jay sus

this is wild thailand in 5 liter pot under leds.two weeks into flowering. clearly a sativa. not much to say about it at this point. will see

tatuINFLUENCED

I've grown Madness, one of the best plants I've ever grown. I'm trying Ketema but the 2 seeds haven't sprouted, I'll post photos if they grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts