What's new

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

solrebl

It's not the first time I see Zidane headbutting somebody LOL. But really I hope it was a mistake on his part and not because that Italian said something racist.

stikky budz

That was no mistake.....lol

I suppose its a good job he landed on it on materazzi's chest and not his face ~ it woulda split wide open the force he put into that......jees.

naga_sadu

It was a gripping final for sure. Italy looked more fluid all throughout, though. Especially in the corner kicks area. Their defense was pretty damn rock solid. I was getting all stoked watching Zidanne score that first goal. That 7th minute goal was pretty damn sweet. But too bad it ended the way it did for him. That headbutt was kinda strange. What the fuck was he thinking??? That too in the final moments of a crucial final.

Yea, the game shoulda not extended into the penalty shootout, really. The 36th minute near miss for Italy was way unlucky. The offside goal was another. And what was up w/ substituting Henry? That too in a pressure cooker situation? They shoulda kept him for the penalty shootout. I mean the guy is one of France's top players and you need such people in crunch moments. In the end, they had to face the shootout w/o Zidanne and Henry. That musta fucked with their minds quite a bit, I bet. Too bad Henry's sub couldn't emulate Zidanne's goal when it mattered, though. That's why I got really astonished as to why the fuck Henry wasn't retained for the penalty shootout.

EIther ways, the ZIdanne goal in the 7th was pretty fucking classic but too bad he'll bow out disgracefully because of that headbutt. What a bitch. He was really a top player.

But in the game, the French attack, I thought, was nothing spectacular. Their penetration attempts into the Italian defense was not too convincing overall. The majority of their penetration attempts just ended very tamely. There were lots more scoring chances when the Italians were on the offensive, though. The Italian corner kicks really got me gripped to the seat, that's for fucking sure. Perhaps the French shoulda tried to secure as many penalty kicks as possible, when Zidanne and Henry were on the field?

Overall, really the Italians deserved this world cup. They were WAY more fluid, and put on a better overall show. I was really dissapointed seeing the French offensive. Their show was pretty lukewarm. I dunno- the French momentumreally seemed to vanish after that 19th minute equaliser...

I really wished that Zidanne kept his cool...considering he will never be representing the French again. It really sux to build an impressive portfolio over 10+ years only to have it soiled by a 2 second headbutt. I wonder how the guy's feeling right now, though.

But yea- congrats to Italy. Let's see what surprises Africa has in store for us in the next WC.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
....Yes congratulations Italia!.........was a fine game even though it ended up in a penalty shoot-out......

G

They think it's all over....It is now.

What a match! Leaves me wondering just one thing...what did Materazzi say to Zidane?

:yoinks:

Disappointed for the French....and especially for Zidane but he practically knocked the guy out with a headbutt to the chest!! Never seen that before! Great move but you can't argue with the decision. :D

Congratulations to ITALY!! They had a great tournament - especially considering the turmoil that Italian football is in at the minute.
Calcio - enjoy! It must feel damn good. Come to think of it - you guys have won it twice in my lifetime so can you just give it a rest for around 40 years or so now ffs?

The Italians now overtake the Germans with 4 WC wins...one behind Brasil.

Great World Cup. Loved every minute. So what do we talk about now then..? :D

lemonade

Veteran
Wow Commericial drive in Vancouver was (is) a fucking SCENE when Italy won! I just got back. Thousands of people poured into the streets screaming and chanting, spraying champagne and beer everywhere! People and drinking/smoking and dancing in the street like 15 feet away from cops with no worries. Ahh what a town!

They'll be partying like that way into the night!

G

haha!! ^
i wonder how ole Zinedine feels now..

I really respected him for along time

Yummybud

Veteran
wow wtf was up with that headbutt. Feel bad for the guy, he'll be remembered as a douchebag / disgrace.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I see some trolls are crawling out of the woodworks on behalf of Zidane. Two men are standing next to eachother; Zinedine Zidane and Marco Materazzi. Materazzi says something to Zidane, Zidane replies with a head butt to Materazzi's chest. Anybody can figure out that whatever words were spoken must have been provokative enough, it doesn't really matter what. The point is, a grave insult goes by unpunished unless overheard by the Head referee. It wasn't. A head butt goes by unpunished unless seen by the Head Referee. But... hold on a second. The Head Referee didn't see a thing. The fourth referee saw something, revisioned the incident on video, then told the Head Referee that indeed a foul had been committed. The Head Referee took his decision on behalf of hearsay from a video revisioning. The problem is that FIFA has obstinately refused to concider video revisioning as a tool to help referees, meaning that suddenly - in the World Cup final - FIFA breaks its own rules. Apart from that incident, a World Cup Final that ends in penalties (the second so far) is a sad story, because penalty kicks is nothing more than a lottery. It can go either way and has nothing to do with merits earned during the game. As far as the game concerned, I personally thought the Italians dominated the first half of the game, the French the second (the Italians showed much more fatigue towards the end of the game, in spite the fact that they had one more day of rest than the French). To conclude, as a French I would be gutted to loose in this way, and as an Italian ashamed to win in this way.

Last edited:
G

Tokabowl said:

4 real if u'r gonna headbutt a mofo then make it count. That was just weak :chin:

Oh well nice games. Good job Italy..

Cya all in 2 years for the Euro champs :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.