What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

mace_ecam

yes mace, you are right, i am the only person in the world who saw podolsky's friendly "wave" and mis-interpreted. sorry!
No need to be sorry, but just because its on TV it doesn't mean its real or makes any sense.

whats the reasoning behind that logic? that people from a certain "tribe" are not supposed to do certain things... that guilt can be inherited... thats how the nazi's reasoned.

Anyways,

GO ITALY!!!

mace <- not mad at italy anymore :D

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Vision of Shiva said:
The first one is photoshopped and the second one is real....

If only! :D

If it is real, we won't be seing Rooney in another World Cup before 2026.

Last edited:
G

Well maybe not rip his head off then....!

Hey chaps,

It did look like a nazi salute from where I was sitting but then it kind of looked like a wave as well, if you know what I mean..? There was defintely an unnecessarily high lift of the elbow. What was the guy thinking..? Half Polish too..? Kinda dumb thing to do..by anyone's standards.

To be fair I think the Germans have been terrific hosts. You've got to give credit where credit is due and the Germans deserve some credit. They've showed a new face to the German "personailty" and they've taken an average football side and once again showed the world how to play tournament football.

I think the World Cup has been used brilliantly well by the Germans as a medium to show the world that the Germans are actually alright...alright we gassed a few million jews but we put on a great World cup for the world years later. :biglaugh: Sorry that was unnecessary, but you get the idea? :D

Rosy, what was the party on the Champs Elysees like bro? Any chance we could get a full post match celebrations report - with pics and video interviews with sexy French girls - - if the French win? :D

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
:biglaugh: gotta love that post Vision, lol... i would add that the grass on the fields was not so ideal though, i bet we would have done a better job :D
yes Rosy, please hook us up with interviews of sexy french girls talking about football!

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Yea there were something with the pitches. They said humidity was through the roof so that might have had something to do with it. Germany put on a great show. Thank you so much for hosting such a great world cup. I am sure this will be one that everyone will remember. 2 great teams meet in the final. Both sides worked their asses off to get where they are. Zidane's last match, Cannavaro's 100th appearance, Italia will want their revenge for 98 and 2000, France will want to add that 2nd star and Im sure Zidane will want to go out with a bang. This will be a final to remember. Thank you to all the countries that participated and put on such a great display of great football. Argentina was phenomenal in the group stages as well as Spain. A big hand to Ghana, the only African team to go thru to the 2nd round on their first world cup. Not only that they outplayed a rather dissappointing Brazil even though they lost. I cant wait until Sunday....

Blowmonkey

Hey, nothing wrong with the grass! The Dutch delivered the grass, the Germans simply refused to sprinkle before the games stating that the circumstances should be the same everywhere, so it was bone dry every time. Only before the Germany games they sprinkled, the fuckers.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Vision of Shiva said:
Rosy, what was the party on the Champs Elysees like bro? Any chance we could get a full post match celebrations report - with pics and video interviews with sexy French girls - - if the French win? :D

I didn't go this time Shiva, I had to get up early next day and I'm not a teen anymore. The Brazil party had something special to it, because it made everybody think of the -98 World Cup final (it's just so sweet beating Brazil, you should try it!). The Portugal party turned violent I heard, the riot kids from the suburbs came equipped with molotov cocktails and all and torched a few cars. I'm getting off work at midnight Sunday, just in time for the party (if...). If you're into sexy girls you should concentrate on the Italians, my experience tells me Italian chicks are way easier to get in bed than French girls (lol).

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
.....Italy v France........well I love French wine and Italian food.......so I'm gonna sit on the fence and hope for a brilliant game.......whilst chowing down on some Tagliatelli and drinking a bottle of Taittinger.....

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
Gypsy Nirvana said:
.....Italy v France........well I love French wine and Italian food.......so I'm gonna sit on the fence and hope for a brilliant game.......whilst chowing down on some Tagliatelli and drinking a bottle of Taittinger.....
now that's a damn fine plan...
:woohoo:

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
Gypsy, you got me thinking, i may go similar style, perhaps get in bed to watch the game with a female italian model to my left and a female french model to my right :D lol... hey, dreaming doesn't cost a thing .

predictions for Germany vs. Portugal anyone? can't wait to see one of those crazed german players yelling curses and kicking everyone each time someone dives lol...

peace!

Blowmonkey

I can't wait either. Kahn is going to get fucking angry with those Portugese, he might come in with another one of his famous death blows or something, that'd be sweet. :D

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
well, what a way to want to loose a game by allowing once again the dumb c.ronaldo kid to play and throw off the whole team's rhytim and by not allowing Figo to play most of the game... Scolari went crazy...
the two german goals were excellent though, and the own goal was just sad...
but those two goals by the same german player (won't even try spelling his name lol) were amazing. portugal's goal was awesome too.

lets hope for a beautiful game tomorrow.

peace.

Blowmonkey

Schweinsteiger. 2 players which have been substitutes for most of the games scored pretty easily. If only Scolari had given Nuno Gomes more time to play instead of Pauletta; who really dissapointed throughout the whole tournament, then maybe Portugal would've scored some more goals, something which they were really struggling with. And yeah, Ronaldo was still playing as well, he should've been taken off, played a bad game, counted at least 5 dives, he was almost crying when he didn't get a free-kick, the little rat.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Schweinsteiger's two goals were excellent. The fact that Portugal allowed him to score twice exactly the same way showed that they weren't reactive enough on the German attack. I've been a 100% wrong on all my predictions up until now, so here's my final World Cup 2006 prediction for tonight; Italy wins. I hope I'm wrong (lol)!

Blowmonkey

Portugals defence had been solid the entire world cup, except for yesterday, it seemed like they really were missing Miguel, that guy is great defensively but also very dangerous offensively.

Anyways, fuck Portugal, fuck Germany, yay Italy, yay France. What's it going to be tonight? I'm thinking 3-2, don't know for which team though, hope France, but it really could go either way. Let's hope that Italy won't go Catenachio again and let's hope France won't have Henry as a lone striker, I want to see the France against Brazil and the Italy against Germany, that would make for an excellent match. Looking forward to it.

G

that was a bad way for Zidane to end his career for sure..
:fsu:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.