What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

solrebl

Yeah, please stop showing that "mortal Kombat" video of Zidane...that's just wrong. Anyway I also at firt thought that Zidane should have restrained himself... But if people go and sart insulting your family...

G

but as always everyone will cry cause italy won another world cup title. look the second gaol italy scored was a goal watch all the angles he was onside. and they called it back. france couldnt score. deal with that shit. it doesnt matter if zidane was provoked or not he shouldnt have done what he did. and that goes for any futbol player that does that. its bad sportsmanship. i would even say this if it was and italian player. everyone forgot that italy went the whole entire world cup giving up 2 goals. and hell we scored one of them for the USA and the other was a gift form the ref's on that crap dive of a penalty kick. i mean 4 mins into the game. come on. i would even say the same thing about the pk that help italy move on. was crap but it happens. its a sport and if you want to change it well start playing now. if not just be proud of all the teams that played their hearts out.and to the winners

FORZA ITALIA
FORZA AZZURRI
we cant help it if everyone hates us for being italian.
or is it theya re just jealous of us italians???

congrats to all the teams and once again expescially ITALY

Last edited:

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
thats just part of the game, when someone insults you or your family thats a reason to start playing harder instead of losing your temper and getting kicked out the game. if he restrained himself from the head but the french may have won, when your captain is out of the game it hurts the whole team. also that isnt good for younger kids watching, when they get mad we will probably see 10 year olds head-butting each other. :asskick:
The best team won, congrats Italy.

buckeye

Last edited:

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
solrebl said:
Yeah, please stop showing that "mortal Kombat" video of Zidane...that's just wrong.

As a former player of MK, I thought it was funny :biglaugh:

Foz! Proper old skool OGer, still got your head inna bag I see :wink:

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Foz said:
High mates
First of all.. I'm italian and I do not like Materazzi.... said that.

It happened before to an Italian player... maybe you remember Totti in the last European Championship: he spit in the face of Danish player... he wasn't ejected because the ref didn't see the confrontation.... then they saw the footage aired by Danish TV station and suspended Totti for something like three matches. Totti said the Danish midfielder was provoking him from the start... so... who's fault? I guess it was Totti's fault ;)
In my opinion if you're an experienced champion you never ever act like that... no spit... no headbutt... be it Totti or Zidane, if it happens (we're all human) you go out.

If I was French I was surely gutted , can tell you for sure since –as an Italian- it happened in the recent past to lose a world cup final in that way…. But on the other side I don’t think we have to be ashamed… afterall we didn’t miss one and we played a good match.
Penalities are often considered a lottery but I don’t see it in that way, I guess it’s just a part of the game and it’s becoming more and more crucial since big matches are often tied matches.... so train on and be cool! :moon:
Peace
:wave:

Grazie Foz. I am seeing things thru my Italian eyes because its the only 2 eyes I have! :tongue: Well the point is that the game is just as psychological as it is physical. The point Im trying to make is that they were both talking shit. And from what I remember Materazzi was trying to get away from Zidane and then eventually things were said(whatever they were) and Zidane lost his head and decided to shove it into Marco's chest. I am sorry man but if Zidane was the great player he is he would have walked off played the game and shoved Materazzi's words back in his mouth by beating Italy. Thats not what happened. This is my opinion. Call me biased if you want but Id say the same thing about any other player....INCLUDING AND ITALIAN PLAYER. When Totti spit in Poulsen's face in 2004 you think I was telling people we were robbed? No I took it like a man and got pissed at Francesco for doing something so stupid. Yes I do think it was childish of the Danish to do that but in the end I blame Totti for losing his head and he screwed us that year. We take full resposibilty as fans when our players make mistakes...at least most of us REAL italian fans do. I dont blame the other side for our mistakes and nobody should blame Materazzi for getting into Zidane's head....ffs its Marco "I played at Everton" Materazzi and its the great Zizou. Zidane is suppose to be the greatest European footballer in the last 50 years, that was uncalled for and Zidane knows it. Anyone get a picture of him walking off the pitch past the cup? I wanna hang that up in my office because that was a powerful moment in history...his last chance and he blew it and he walked right past the cup....I almost cried for the man, I have a lot of respect for him. I also would like to thank the French for such a great match. That was some of the best football I have seen in a long time. If I could I would have both teams lift the cup and I also would not have taken it hard if they were to have beaten us. I just didnt want Brazil to get another one or Germany to get in front of us. :tongue:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
i liked the animated gif too :D

forza azzurri! like i said, i would not have minded if France had won, but i surely was not mad Italy won either; so all is good, of course, it sucked for me just because Argentina didn't win. :badday:

i think loud mouths in the field are the cause of all "poor sportsmanship" though, had i been Zidane and Matterazzi kept babbling like a fool, i would have choked the boy to teach him that football is played with your mouth closed, just like when you are chewing your food. :sasmokin: specially if one has already asked the dude to keep quiet, warning him. just because we're playing football in a game in front of t.v doesn't give you some special protection that allows you to act like an idiot and not expect repercussions.

keep the peace.

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
CalcioErba2004 said:
... he would have walked off played the game and shoved Materazzi's words back in his mouth by beating Italy.

this is always the best choice for sure though; here in South America you play football and there's a lot of shit talking in the field, not only between players in the street, but as well tons from the people attending the stadiums when it is the inner leagues' games. it has became impossible to avoid this, it is already part of the game. but i think that in some leagues in europe they have actually created the perfect environment for these silly things to transcend beyond their true meaning. this is because all that pansy shit about "fair game" and all the damn ref. manipulation by diving, fake-crying, and all sorts of cheating pussy shit. but it is shitty too to be talking shit, which is also part of that same cheating crap. bottom line is that players need to be schooled in virtue, not etiquethe nor cheap moralism which is exactly what that sissy ass fair game is all about. it is a grown man sports, but a lot of times it seems we're watching a bunch of spoiled 12 year olds playing footie.

big mike

full story:
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap-wcup-zidane&prov=ap&type=lgns

BERLIN (AP) -- Was it something he said?

The Paris-based anti-racism advocacy group SOS-Racism issued a statement Monday quoting "several very well informed sources from the world of football" as saying Materazzi called Zidane a "dirty terrorist." It demanded that FIFA, soccer's world governing body, investigate and take any appropriate action.

FIFA, which reviews all red cards at the World Cup, would not comment on the specifics.

"This is a disciplinary matter now. I can't give any statements now," FIFA spokesman Markus Siegler said.

Materazzi, meanwhile, was quoted as denying the terrorist comment.

"It is absolutely not true, I didn't call him a terrorist, I don't know anything about that," the Italian news agency ANSA quoted Materazzi as saying when he arrived with his team at an Italian military airfield.

"What happened is what all the world saw live on TV," the Italian player said, referring to the head-butting.

Zidane's agent, Alain Migliaccio, was quoted by the BBC as saying the France captain told him the Italian "said something very serious to him, but he wouldn't tell me what."

Whatever it was, it was enough to infuriate Zidane.

"Zizou is someone who reacts to things," said Aime Jacquet, Zidane's coach at the 1998 World Cup. "Unfortunately he could not control himself. It's terrible to see him leave this way."

Even with the ejection, Zidane still won the Golden Ball as the World Cup's best player.

interesting, i wonder why Materazzi wouldn't say what was said..

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Guys, you're making it sound like I say Italy robbed France out of the victory (due to what happened between Zidane and Materazzi). It is not about that, Italy won on penalties, that's all there is to it. It's about the fact that this was Zidane's last game, this was his au revoir to the world of football. It was supposed to be a joyous event, and on that very day, you call his sister a prostitute, or him a terrorist, or whatever makes him so furious that he totally looses control? To me, that goes beyond psychology or it's part of the game, it's such a total lack of respect that I would gladly change that headbutt for a kick in Materazzi's balls, that's what he deserved, plus getting spat at. Zidane was wrong to attack him of course, it hurt the team, they were all destroyed seeing him walk off the field like that. Then again, it was good what he did, because now what would have gone by unnoticed is highlighted by the media, and Materazzi will eventually have to eat up his own words. He's known to have a big mouth, but maybe now he'll think twice before doing it again.

Last edited:

big mike

How can this be turned on Materazzi.. ??
If i called you a name and you hit me.. Who shows a total lack of respect??
I played ball for past 20 years of my life, what Materazzi did is just part of the game, I'm a goalie.. I get treated like shit inside the box, spit on, tugged, pulled, kicked, elbowed and name calling goes without saying... Do i turn around and headbutt all the forwards on the opposing team? No because that shows a total lack of sportsmanship. If you can't hold your temper on the field, you'r oppenent can and will find that weakness and eventually get under you and defeat you, case in point....

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
If you don't want to understand Big Mike, I'm not sure I can make you. The basic thing is that football is supposed to be played with the feet and the head, not with the mouth. You're not allowed to tug the shirts either, and faking injury and foul is also a foul. Once you say 'it's part of the game' you've given in to an unacceptable behaviour. If you've been taking insults and fouls for 20 years without standing up for yourself that's your problem. I play football too, street soccer, and if I insult any of the other players I will have to take what's coming my way. I don't though, and if somebody insults me he will get what I think he deserves. I spit, you swallow, no problem. Perhaps street soccer has something to teach professional football about ethics and behaviour, what do you say?

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Lol, now I understand why Lippi says he's indispensable to the Italian team. I especially like the number 3 kick-in-the-back, it looks like a Materazzi, walks like a Materazzi, smells like a Materazzi...

big mike

I understand about ethics and all that shit your spitting out. You just don't understand, i guess.. there is appropriate actions to be taken for every action recieved. Headbutting a guy in the chest for mouthing off is a pussy move, thats a cheap shot. Plain and simple! I've done my time on the field and i don't take shit from no one, I was just expressing my situation, because you seem to think everyone always plays by the rules and is all friendly but thats just horseshit...

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
i had not previously watched the world cup until this year. the playing is awesome and these guys are more talented and conditioned then i could ever hope to be. but taking a dive in the box to get a penalty shot is bullshit. i mean, the entire game could ride on 1 bad call or some gu ythat practiced falling down and pretending like it hurt for 3 hours a day. :confused:

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I think you got it slightly wrong Big Mike. Zidane got his red card for the headbutt and he earned it. It's not a question of trying to make up excuses on that part. But a smart guy like you who has been playing soccer for 20 years must be able to figure out that a professional player like Zidane is not going to walk up and pop Materazzi for no good reason, or a simple "fuck you" or a something similar - in the middle of a World Cup final. Their roads have crossed before in the Italian league, perhaps that headbutt was just the finale of a more complicated story than meets the eye. If you study the career of Zidane, you'll know that he was occasionally hot-tempered, but whenever he got rough it was always payback, when he got stepped on, pulled down, pushed over or insulted. Now Materazzi, that's another story. I personally don't think he's worthy to wear the colours of the Squadra Azzura, but since he's efficient at what he's doing, he ended up in the team. I'm sure you don't mean it when you say "ethics and all that shit you're spitting out", because without ethics you're nothing. Without a code of honour on the field, anything is allowed, and guys like Materazzi rules. I don't know what went down between them and I'm not going any further on the topic before I know more. But I know who's the man and who's the mouse between them - according to my standards - and I'm standing up for my man, that's all. Sorry if I got you steamed up, I tried to be provokative, not insulting. Being insulting isn't very hard, trying to make sense is.

Last edited:

naga_sadu

I've done my time on the field and i don't take shit from no one, I was just expressing my situation, because you seem to think everyone always plays by the rules and is all friendly but thats just horseshit...

I'm sorry to say man, but it looks as if your coaches didn't teach you that football is supposed to be played by moving the ball around w/ skills and hitting that goal post while at the same time, not allowing the opponent to do the same.

This is a sports match man, not a jerry springer show. What Materazzi did was nothing short of a goat blowing move man. I'm sorry. How could you accept provocation as a norm in football? I highly recommend you take a seat and look @ the DPRK Vs. USSR match of 1966, if you wanna learn a thing or 2 about sportsmanship.

The DPRK players were threatened w/ imprisonment and other harsh shit if they lost. You can ask PazVerdeRadical this. Yet...in that match, even if they were losing, the DPRK team never slid to the lows of Materazzi, even if the consequences of losing was literally their lives. And the USSR team never exploited this psychological pressure at any point in the game. Now- THAT is a football match. Not this fake ass pussy bitch bullshit.

Seriously, what would Materazzi do if his team was under the same sort of pressure the DPRK was? Would he have faked a death or something???? The DPRK football team logo was: win- you live, lose- eat shit and die.

Now- I personally don't think Zidanne shoulda resorted to a vicious head butt but at the same time Materazzi shoulda been a man and not acted like a lame gimp. It's really a sad state of affairs when people start thinking provocation skills is an integral part of a football match played @ the highest level. A really gripping final was ruined by a few seconds of provocations. What a fucking blow...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts