What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Great final coming up now. The Italians looked excellent last night and the French seem to believe in themselves again...so should be a cracker.

Something that stood out for me....the Italians seem serious...no defensive Italian football...they are attacking everything and don't seem to be play acting or diving about like they have done in the past either. It's like they have said "let's just play football" this time around.
As for the Portuguese, sorry vidro, but your boys were diving about all over the place tonight. They didn't look like they were going to score either. Good defensively, good midfield but who's going to score..? Pauletta on his own..? He's not good enough to play up front alone.

The French didn't look great tonight but they've done enough and they will be slight favourites going into the final.

At least we have a weed smoker in the final. Go Barthez!

G

oh definately go barthez if hes a toker ,,i wonder what hes toking ? lol

vidro

Vision of Shiva, i agree that tonight there were dives and i don´t like that. France made a few too! But the pressure was on Portugal after the penalty.
i really thought Pauleta would score tonight because he knows the french football, but he was a bit alone indeed and France has a solid and experient team.
May the final be a good one with at least 3 goals!!! (not enough goals lately...)

Blowmonkey

vidro said:
France made a few too!

I counted one. There were too many too keep track of on the Portugese side, but I estimate something like 15. France got lucky though, with Portugal not being able to finish off their opportunities.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
PazVerdeRadical said:
sorry man, i should have done the ´say no to racism´ german style salute instead :D

That'd be in everyone's interest I'd say :wink:

I grew up in England so have had my fair share of being called a nazi bastard without reason. We will always be judged by our past, although we can do nothing to change it or make it better. I knew as soon as Poldi waved to the crowd (which is all he did) that that would end up being called a nazi salut somewhere. The lad is half polish, the last thing he would ever do is a nazi salut :wink:

I don't care about the result, I've never liked football very much anyway, I'm more for rugby. I think that the no to racism theme is a good call and that we should see if we can have some of that spirit here too :joint:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Ovations to Portugal. What a fantastic football culture they have. Always there in the big championships fighting the giants. Pauleta's still cursed, but he did have a few good shots that could have made it. The only one that ruined the game was once again C Ronaldo, with his repeated drama queen nose-dives in the penalty box. You occasionally got the impression his main concern was when and how he was going to throw himself to the ground. What a player, but what a dishonest prick.

hazyfontazy said:
oh definately go barthez if hes a toker ,,i wonder what hes toking ? lol

Some sources say large parts of the French team smokes weed. I mean, look at the players and see where they come from. Most of them have grown up in French suburbian ghettos (where the traffic of hashish is the number one economical force), most of them have roots in West African ex-colonies. Like if they never touched the good stuff (lol)...

Alex-F said:
I don't care about the result, I've never liked football very much anyway, I'm more for rugby. I think that the no to racism theme is a good call and that we should see if we can have some of that spirit here too :joint:

Hm, I wouldn't say that there's a lot of blacks or Pakistanis playing in the British rugby clubs, it's an all-white affair. But there are some values in rugby that would do soccer good, I agree. Fair play for instance.

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
France vs. Portugal was a good game for sure, Portugal was able to almost neutralize any offensive the French team produced during the second half.
but as already pointed out, C.Ronaldo screwed up the game, not only by diving like a wimp, but by the way he envisions the game and his rythim, he's too dumb to realize that 'fast and flashy' doesn't necesarily equal to playing good. but oh well, maybe he'll grow out of that infantile phase, but i doubt it.
France is awesome, i'm still humled by their amazing transformation in so little time, leaving all pettiness behind and focusing on what is important, much :respect: !

Vision, you are very right about Italy, i kept thinking: "where the hell is the Catenacho?" nowhere it seems! they just kept attacking.
the final is going to be really interesting and lovely; i have no favorites, let the best team win; although i have a soft spot for France at the moment. :D

Alex, come on man, be serious, nazism is still live and vibrant in Germany; just like greediness and buck-wild corruption and disregard for others is alive and vibrant here in South America; we live in a very fucked up world man.
Podolsky may be all the polish he wants, but what he did was not a wave, out of all people, germans should be more concious of how they choose to "wave" if they don't want the stigma of their past to chase them... but some don't consider it a thing of the past... what about all the 'no go' zones in Germany that the tourists were warned against during this world cup?

two games left and 4 more years to see anything like this again :yoinks:
one love.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Nazism is alive 'n thriving all over the world, let's not make this a german thing :wink: And the so called no go zones you mention are in every big country too so that aint cutting it. I sure as hell wouldn't venture in some parts of the world, no matter what colour I was.

But hell yea, believe what you whant, it's a free world :yes:

mace_ecam

Podolsky may be all the polish he wants, but what he did was not a wave, out of all people, germans should be more concious of how they choose to "wave" if they don't want the stigma of their past to chase them... but some don't consider it a thing of the past... what about all the 'no go' zones in Germany that the tourists were warned against during this world cup?
Maybe you've just got too many predjuces, a soccer player raising his hand and waiving to the audience is certainly not a sign of racism, no matter if he's german, polish or even a close minded rastafarian that can't cope with homosexuality.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
PazVerdeRadical said:
the final is going to be really interesting and lovely; i have no favorites, let the best team win; although i have a soft spot for France at the moment

Let's put it this way. On Sunday, we'll see Zidane - perhaps the greatest allround player of all times - play for the last time. Destiny made his last game a World Cup final, could it have been more beautiful? What more is, he's still in great shape, not an old has-been. Wouldn't it be the greatest of all gifts to him to walk off the field as a champion? I'm not suggesting that the Italians should fold, I just hope that's the way the gods will play it.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Skunkmasterflex said:

Made my day

Very emotional little cocksucker, likes to show his feelings. I bet he wept a tear for Rooney...

lay_quadrado.jpg

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
mace_ecam said:
Maybe you've just got too many predjuces, a soccer player raising his hand and waiving to the audience is certainly not a sign of racism, no matter if he's german, polish or even a close minded rastafarian that can't cope with homosexuality.

yes mace, you are right, i am the only person in the world who saw podolsky's friendly "wave" and mis-interpreted. sorry!

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
Rosy Cheeks said:
Let's put it this way. On Sunday, we'll see Zidane - perhaps the greatest allround player of all times - play for the last time. Destiny made his last game a World Cup final, could it have been more beautiful? What more is, he's still in great shape, not an old has-been. Wouldn't it be the greatest of all gifts to him to walk off the field as a champion? I'm not suggesting that the Italians should fold, I just hope that's the way the gods will play it.

Well said Rosy, i sure hope that's what the gods intend as well :D it would be a thing of art :joint:
peace.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
If it wasn't photoshopped then it would have been the picture of the month Shiva.

Last edited:
G

Taken from a previous Utd game Rosy. They may well be photoshopped though. Another one doing the rounds on email around the UK at present...

Status
Not open for further replies.