What's new

Will somebody make some S1's of the real Cali-o cut already?

oceangrownkush

Veteran
WOH. Who ever said being too stoned to do anything productive or even remember what you were doing 5 minutes ago ruins your day? I fucking LOVE that feel bro, fuck all that hater shit. Potency and headspace are whats up. Peace.

No Me Ves

I think Chimera said he was going to self a whole lot of clone only strains.
He has the original Cali O clone so it might be on the way.

N

Nondual

Gave someone here some Orange Goo beans which is NorCal Goo from Gooey Breeder x ((Cali O x Space Queen) X Hashiva). Anyway there's a thread here somewhere about a grow of these by a different holder of the beans called Phog. Amazingly still maintains that intense orange. 4 Dragons made the initial Cali O cross then I gave him back it reworked to Hashiva and he then created Orange Goo.

Only know I've heard about Cali O is weak in the potency department. Wasn't it Rainmaker here that was running it not too long ago and still does?

I grew out some Cali-O x sour diesel(made by breeders choice) and it was some of the tastiest weed I've ever smoked. It tasted just like you would imagine- orange flavored sour D. I made some f2's I plan on sorting through next year.
I can think of a lot of males that would go great on it. Rez had the right idea crossing it with Apollo-11(assuming it was the real Cali-o). I have some Apollo 11 f3(genius pheno) beans I'm saving for some special breeding projects, I'd put it on Cali-O in a heartbeat. Match made in heaven IMO.

I always wondered if the Orange velvet in jillybean was really Cali-O.

I mean really? I ran the CO x DC and fell in love with the orange flavor, I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Problem with that cross(and all the DC crosses I've grown) is that DC completely takes over the cross. I didn't taste any orange when I grew it out. DC is a respectable plant, but I hate the dry mouth it leaves, one of the worst imo.
If tom does anything with the cali-o, I hope he doesn't involve DC in the process. I'd love to see him put some haze on it then bx it back to the Cali-O once or 3 times. Something like 80% Cali-0/ 20% haze would be a thing of beauty and make for fantastic breeding potential me thinks... :ying:

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Problem with that cross(and all the DC crosses I've grown) is that DC completely takes over the cross. I didn't taste any orange when I grew it out. DC is a respectable plant, but I hate the dry mouth it leaves, one of the worst imo.
If tom does anything with the cali-o, I hope he doesn't involve DC in the process. I'd love to see him put some haze on it then bx it back to the Cali-O once or 3 times. Something like 80% Cali-0/ 20% haze would be a thing of beauty and make for fantastic breeding potential me thinks... :ying:

Yes, DC does tend to overpower everything. The orange came through very nice in this cross though. My f2's have been tested by a member here and his/her opinion coincides with mine. I selected for the tangerine/orange pheno mother and the progeny carries it. Orange grove in the basement...

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Sweet Tangerine I do believe is a cross or relative of the Cali - O. She is just the orangest strain I have ever run and she is not weak by any means. She will ring your bell if taken later than 65 days and gives epic yields of hard crusty nuggetry. Easy to grow and trimming is a dream. Dont even get me started on the outdoor yields and sizes! I personally think she could be the original but with no way to prove it, its just speculation.

Kaotic - If you are serious about finding something close to her or crossing her, pm me.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Z

Z-ro

looks bomb rainman and very similar bud structure, but I dont see the trademark double serrated leaf blades. looks like an orange crush I used to get years ago, one I much preferred over ae77. chunked out for sure, bet its ridiculous outside...

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How did you make f2's? You have a male?

The f2's were an open pollenation using selections of Nirvana's pre 2005 California Orange Bud. Don't think Mau used the cali-o clone in his cross, but not sure. His version was the only cali-o offered in seed form for many years, before they changed up the parentals.

50/50 old school skunk hybrid with orange candy smell and a medium strength stone, above average yield.

The f2's were an open pollenation using selections of Nirvana's pre 2005 California Orange Bud.
I like it.
You wouldn't happen to know the parentage of the Aeric 77 cali-o by chance would you? I remember reading it back on OG but I've long forgotten it.
This thread made me go looking through my seeds last night, found a pack of Orange diesel by vertite, which is cali-o x skunk #1 x annaC nycd from 2007. dug up the thread on it here on IC, it's got me itching to give em a go.
Jackie-O is another cali-o hybrid i'd like to see brought to the light. From what i've read, i remember most people who grew it as well as the cali-o preferred the Jackie-o.

hp5273

Cali-O parentage

Cali-O parentage

California Orange, ae77 calio = Thai x [Afghani x Acapulco Gold].

Post below was in another thread that vanished.

-----

I got a pack of Classic Clone Company's S1 of the Aeric77 Cali-O cut back in 2001. Grow reviews said that these S1s were true to the original (smell, taste, yield, double serrations, etc.) and that there was at least one noticeably better pheno which grew faster, bigger and smelled much more orange-y.

I've popped 4 of the seeds over the years all have been very similar and likely were not the "turbo" pheno. I did keep a couple as mothers for a while and did several clone runs, some in soil, some DWC and a couple in small Hempy buckets. No matter the medium, they were very finicky feeders as Chimera described and moderate yielders, some hermie bananas late in flower on occasion too. The high was consistent and always very nice; pleasant, social and not overpowering if you toked in moderation. Good relaxing and putzing around the house daytime stuff. Once you've had it you can always recognize it.

album.php
picture.php

This bud is from the best grow (150w HPS + 2x50w MH, FoxFarms LightWarrior soil and PureBlendPro) and the only time the pistils stayed pink/purple all the way to the finish. The fresh smell was like orange soda; intense and a little sour, tickled the nose. After curing for several months it turned hashier, smoother and sweeter. When smoked, tastes mildly orange. The high matches the storied, pleasantly disorienting Cali-O buzz but she'll put you in orbit if you want -- just keep toking.

I managed to hit the last run of Cali-O clones with pollen from a lucky, virile DJS F13 male and got about a hundred seeds. Haven't popped any yet but look forward to seeing what the combination is like. I'd like to run them alongside Chimera's C+

Z

Latest posts

Latest posts