What's new

Will somebody make some S1's of the real Cali-o cut already?

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I mean really? I know people in the know say it's lackluster compared to todays genetics and it's losing it's spunk after all these years, but not everyone wants weed so potent it ruins your day. I go for flavor. I mean how hard is it to take a few clones, spray them with CS and release the beans. You don't even have to test them, I'll take them as is untested. Chimera? Anyone else have the cut? Did Canacopia lose it? I ran the CO x DC and fell in love with the orange flavor, I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I mean really? I know people in the know say it's lackluster compared to todays genetics and it's losing it's spunk after all these years, but not everyone wants weed so potent it ruins your day. I go for flavor. I mean how hard is it to take a few clones, spray them with CS and release the beans. You don't even have to test them, I'll take them as is untested. Chimera? Anyone else have the cut? Did Canacopia lose it? I ran the CO x DC and fell in love with the orange flavor, I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked Chimera the same thing and he responded in the thread that was recently bounced around in this forum about lack of orange specifically aeric clone availability. Tom announced S1's of like 60+ elites not too long and Chimera's been talking about some sort of revolution or something so hopefully this will be made available through them as it seems no one else even has it.

I hear an obscure comment now and again in threads that its still in cali up around the bend in some mountain grown by some ancient and obscure hippies, but that is about all I ever hear and it seems more mythological than anything heh.....No one EVER has pictures or bud to prove it. I am in the same boat as you and am tired of the day over weed would love to have this cut to cross to some hazes and the like.

Can't remember the last time someone posted pictures of the Cali-O budding.
Maybe never.
Probably the best you could do at the moment is to grow C-Plus and then select the most orange of them and make F2's and then select the most orange out of those.
Might get you fairly close.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't remember the last time someone posted pictures of the Cali-O budding.
Maybe never.
Probably the best you could do at the moment is to grow C-Plus and then select the most orange of them and make F2's and then select the most orange out of those.
Might get you fairly close.

It would definitely get you close I grew his calizahr and got an orange pheno out of 2 packs and it was the closest thing to real calio I had in more than 8 years since havin the real deal. Reeked of the sweetest oranges and taste was awesome. The only thing that turned me off was the intense spice from the shiskaberry cuz I smoke cali-o for nothin but the sweet taste. I a sure other people would love it though. I grew the C-plus twice and got bad m/f both time and of the females I had they were very bad but I know from seeing others log and having grown out a lot of Chimera's gear I just had really bad luck. If you could find a berry smelling orange pheno it would be godly and I have no doubt it exist.

Thing with those is if you want to work with it that is off the table if you want to respect his wishes.

An S1 would give the community a chance to let it shine in the market again for everyone to enjoy and be able to play with so I am all in favor of someone dropping an S1...We should bump this thread till happens heh.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I don't know, I grew that clone like 6 years ago and wasn't that impressed. Used to be held by everyone in my old OG crew C2CC. we had another clone from a member that was heirloom genes from norcal called crypt that was also very orangey. Both seemed to want to auto flower on me in 19/5 veg cycle.

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really think there could be room for improvement on it. Nobody at this point knows what other phenos are hiding in that cut. I find it disappointing that nobody has explored what else is there. Look at all the kushes and so forth that have been selfed over and over and look what fabulous stuff has came from it. With some work Cali-O could be a top strain again just based on taste. If potency and yeild were there too it would be a hot commodity.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
the real cali o is still around........and there are picture's....here....

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Yea the Cali-O is definately on ICMAG. Rez (yes I know hes not around at the moment) was the last person I saw post a pic of it budding last year. He was gonna use it on a project, check his forum for the pic. Hope this strain does make a comeback. I do like fruity strains all kinds but for this situation citrus types like orange, grapefruit, and lemon/lime fit the bill.

A friend and I were gifted some Orange Crush seeds (50% Cali-O) and were gonna start some projects with it. My friend was gonna preserve the seedline and I was gonna help and make some crosses along the way. He's been working on his but i'm not sure how far along he is now gotta catch up with him. I was given 5 seeds total, and I planted 3 of them 2 years ago and got 1 female which I hit with my CDSD male and got those seeds (ODD Orange Diesel Dog, thanks clooney for the name). Made a nice cross from the tests so far, smoke wise. Need to get back up with my friend and be more involved on the preservation project but i'm pretty sure some of these will eventually make it to the Bay as FREEBIES ;). Thats about as much as I could do to help with the OC and get some Cali-O genetics to the ICMAG community for now. Let me know if there is any interest. Ya'll take care 1

astartes

Love Aeric's Cali-O. Not the most potent, but doesn't have much of a ceiling either and the orange and tangerine smells from a room full will definitely wake ya up in the morning, like stepping into an orange grove. $$'s right, she's definitely still around.

a.

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, so lets get a list going of who is positively known to currently have the cut. Enough badgering and somebody will make some beans, in pure form. So, if you have it speak up and let it be known. Don't hoard, it's bad for you...

Adrift

Veteran
great idea! not the strongest pot, but great day time weed, with awsome flavor!!!

someone do this!!! :joint:

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let me know if there is any interest.

I'm always interested in the Orange flavored goodness. I've not heard about Orange Crush in a long time. There use to be a seed trading club online about ten years ago, maybe longer. That's where I got my orange crush. I was a young grodi back then and never thought to make seeds. Was it DJ's BB used in the cross? I can't remember.

M

Mos Cutty

Hell AE77 is still alive and kicking and I know a few people that hold the Cali-O, but have not gotten it in my hands yet. I'm sure AE even has beans of this girl floating around with a few of his other stellar creations. One thing I have heard him say, about the potency of Cali-O is he doesn't care for couch lock medz. He prefers medz that he can function on, so in that regard the potency of Cali-O is by design.

I hold AE77's Chrome Diesel, which is a lesser known cut that he created and I have been told of a few others.

He is and old Pitbull, but if you look around you can find his email. I've heard of him cutting lose a few Cali-O cuts to peeps he likes. But you better be real sweet if you email that brother, he does bite!

Mos

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't have a cut, but do have some f2's I made in 2006 from Nirvana, prior to them changing it up. Never got around to popping them, but they're the largest seeds in my stash. Every time I see a Cali-O thread, I think about popping them and making f3's, but didn't think the community would be interested. Looks like that's not the case at all.

Anyone down for f3's for freebies or the Server Fund?

I've also got a shit load of White Rhino x Cali-O (Orange Rhino) to donate if anyone's interested.

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Performing a little Google-fu I found this:

"In the early 2000's CCC, Classic Clone Company put out an s1 of CO. It was a major hit among a good # of people at the now defunct Cannabis World. I really wish I had taken advantage of CCC's Kush and CO s1's. I haven't seen any talk about either of those since CW went down.
Wish there were a way to get more... "

Anyone ever heard of this?

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ic maggers are always down for freebies Festivus. Send em in.

HeriMarry

I don't have a cut, but do have some f2's I made in 2006 from Nirvana, prior to them changing it up. Never got around to popping them, but they're the largest seeds in my stash. Every time I see a Cali-O thread, I think about popping them and making f3's, but didn't think the community would be interested. Looks like that's not the case at all.

Anyone down for f3's for freebies or the Server Fund?

I've also got a shit load of White Rhino x Cali-O (Orange Rhino) to donate if anyone's interested.

I picked up a pack of those f2's last year an kept all(2) the orange smelling(veg,stem rub) plants. One smells like tangerines an the other smells like orange rinds. I have only smoke tested the tangerine smelling plant so far an the high was weak BUT the effects of smoking made me feel like I just took a hydrocodone. I was wondering if anyone knows if Cali O is known for high CBD levels?

And yes, I would love to see some Orange Rhino .Thanks for the beans festivus.

hades

Strangely enough Shanti has a quote somewhere stating that his Cali-O was his highest yielding strain. As far as I know he has never released it by itself, or actually has it in any of his crosses for that matter.

If I wanted to get the real deal, I'd ask him personally about it. Register on his board and shoot him a PM, be patient and you will get a response. He's in the same boat as you, and has also stated that he focuses on flavors now.

(edit)Found a link for you, looks like someone else has already asked:http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-shantibaba-mrnice/245-shantis-orange.html
And here's the link where he says it was his highest yielding, back in 2005 on this boad:http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=14974