What's new

Why is medical marijuana so expensive?

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Pythagllio, I should not need to answer such a ridiculous question.
from your postings, I get the impression you constantly stick your dick in your fathers mouth, HOW MANY TIMES have you done this, 50, 100 ?
Everyone can see this is your standard personal behavior so, HOW MANY TIMES have you stuck your dick in your fathers mouth ?

You people are ridiculous, just like my question above.
Just because you do not agree with my views, gives you absolutely no reason to attack my character, impugned that I wish people to be put in prison.
I have NEVER said such a thing but, through constant accusations by you and hydrosun, it is made to appear as if I have.
That is unfair and dishonest.

What is really disgusting is the moderators on this forum allowing you the freedom to attack me yet, I'm sure the false question I posed above shall get me banned.
After All, that is what you and the moderator are actually seeking.
You don't like people to hold a differing opinion so you destroy their character with false charges.
Really sickening behavior but, I guess when dealing with immature children, that is what I should expect.

karmical

from your postings, I get the impression you constantly stick your dick in your fathers mouth, HOW MANY TIMES have you done this, 50, 100 ?
Everyone can see this is your standard personal behavior so, HOW MANY TIMES have you stuck your dick in your fathers mouth ?

Just because you do not agree with my views, gives you absolutely no reason to attack my character, impugned that I wish people to be put in prison.
I have NEVER said such a thing but, through constant accusations by you and hydrosun, it is made to appear as if I have.

What is really disgusting is the moderators on this forum allowing you the freedom to attack me yet, I'm sure the false question I posed above shall get me banned.
You don't like people to hold a differing opinion so you destroy their character with false charges.
Really sickening behavior but, I guess when dealing with immature children, that is what I should expect.

:headbange

you shouldn't have to leave or be banned, but what in the hell do i know.

but I feel you, so many times, on this forum i just read very negative things, disgusting posts, directed towards people I know, or call friends, just simply based on a difference of opinion.

i take it the mods here may be too stoned to actually give a damn, but every now and then, some one steps up... like after knocking over the bong or something, who knows these things:dunno:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Are you saying I can call anyone a bitch fuck and nothing will happen lol.. Can I also talk badly about the ppl that own these boards?? LOL>>Hummm . Trust me when I say you don't want ppl to stop you from saying your peace if you think your in the right. For that type of board you should go to T H C Farmers as Logic is good at that. He makes sure you only hear what he wants you to hear and all the rest is deleted or your banned for speaking out lol.. I agree that some ppl talk out of their asses but when haven't ppl done that .. You just got to know who is in it for what? I think lots of ppl on these boards are kids right out of highschool lol atleast that is the impression I'm getting lol peace out Headband707

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

I don't like people who feel the right to imprison a human for growing a flower.

In an earlier post you asked how I reached my conclusions of you and I informed you that it was from your own writings.

In the Denver bust for instance you made statements about "They were not helping the MMJ community and now everyone will think...."

It would be easy to clear up mis conceptions by saying. "I don't think they were helping the MMJ community, however no human should be prosecuted or imprisiond over a flower"

You chose not to take the easy road time and again, the only possible inference is that you feel some humans should be imprisoned for growing.

I don't want you banned and four letter words don't bother me, but it is HIGHLY hypocritical that you came BACK to the thread MONTHS after you bugged JJ Scorpion to delete some of my posts, even my post apologizing to you for allowing my language to digress to the level you displayed above.

I don't want you to leave ICmag. As I've said your thinking is what I warn children and adults alike about. Stay as OM, come back as NEW ID X, but my posts will be consistent and in favor of freedom.

You sir are not the only one to face the questions about if they would imprison growers, you are however the only one that felt answering the question or even being asked the question was slanderous.

Truth is always a defense to slander. I will retract any statement that is not truthful, all you have to do is post the quote and ask for a retraction. You have done this before and asked that I reply publiclly. I have never :hide: from you and did apologize when my foul language was called to attention.

Now I ask you and the community, who is putting up straw men and obsucating, I who ask for clarification on his stance of imprisionment and prosecution over growing; or OM's refusal to address the question EVEN after repeated requests from MANY others?

If you think you are being slandered in public you are doing a horrible job of denying my only charge that: You would imprison some humans from growing MJ. I speculate that your motivation is personal control or glory, but as you said I am a lunatic so it is very hard for me to think as a jailer.

Peace, :joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
:headbange

you shouldn't have to leave or be banned, but what in the hell do i know.

but I feel you, so many times, on this forum i just read very negative things, disgusting posts, directed towards people I know, or call friends, just simply based on a difference of opinion.

i take it the mods here may be too stoned to actually give a damn, but every now and then, some one steps up... like after knocking over the bong or something, who knows these things:dunno:

The Mods of this site care very much about ICmag. I have been reminded that uncivilized language especially directed at another member is against the rules of the community. I really respect this community and especially those that keep it running. OM fails to mention that this thread has been heavily reviewed and edited (posts deleted) so that everyone is respected and the rules are followed.

In fact an ICmag MOD (the fat smoking cat avatar that mods organic hydro I think) came to this thread (pretty sure it was this one, but I smoke A LOT) and directly posted a complaint voiced at Blue Dot. Skip came back rather quickly and reminded all of us that BD may have insulted our intelligence however that is not the same as insulting the community or individual members, and BD he still had the right to free speech.

I agree with the moderators stance and that is why I asked OM to stay.

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
I'm glad this place is not like WeedTracker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
BTW OM you should seriously consider moving to DC as it sure looks like the DC City Council is going to pay for indigent patient's cannabis. Then maybe you can stop hating the world.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran

Ohhhh I don't know,,,, maybe throw a temper tamtrum, call the teacher and threaten to leave. Or was that how you show others what not to do?

Now about price - one thing that hasn't been beat to death is the choice of strains. And

I bad mouth BigBud, HOG, NL, and anything remotely concidered "Commercial" - yet in my search for new moms - a plant that yeilds 5 to 6 oz of $150 an oz herb is a better money maker than a plant that only yeilds 1-1/2 oz of bud that brings $400 per O. But the $150 stuff won't get ya invited to the party.

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lets get back on topic ... Why is MMJ so Expensive. If we continue to argue this thread will be closed.
NO ONE should ever be imprisoned for cannibus. Been there done that....

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I agree...nobody should be put in Jail for Cannabis--
Maybe we can get some ppl to post what they were buying quality bud for...10 years ago...before all the D's-- How much lower was the price?? (Don't worry...I'll wait--)

:jawdrop: Wow, this thread has gone awol!!!!
I thought it was supposed to e about why mmj is so expensive? Maybe I'm wrong but, I think a big reason why dispensary bud is so expensive at least in Colorado stems from multiple things. First , everybody wants the nicest club with the most amenities. They create a lot of overhead for themselves. Second, it's like the second gold rush in Colorado, the green rush if you will. Third is the fact that a lot of people out there are in the industry to make lots and lots of money. I'm for making money, but marijuana is too expensive!!! If you maximize your harvest every time money will be made. People are just too fucking greedy!!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I thought it was supposed to e about why mmj is so expensive? Maybe I'm wrong but, I think a big reason why dispensary bud is so expensive at least in Colorado stems from multiple things. First , everybody wants the nicest club with the most amenities. They create a lot of overhead for themselves. Second, it's like the second gold rush in Colorado, the green rush if you will. Third is the fact that a lot of people out there are in the industry to make lots and lots of money. I'm for making money, but marijuana is too expensive!!! If you maximize your harvest every time money will be made. People are just too fucking greedy!!

Were you paying less than $50 an eighth 10 years ago?? For Top Shelf Bud?? (Not the Middies a lot of us were smoking then...but the "real deal")
If so, as were most of us...then how can you blame the D's for these "Horrible" prices??

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
10 years ago I was paying much less for electric, rent, and nutes, I'm not sure how anyone could think the price of good medicine has declined.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

It is a very long thread as you have mentioned. Many of your points have been discussed already, but you seem to be complaining to some degree about peoples freedoms and how they operate their club, collective, garden, or dispensary.

People like nice MJ clubs and they like nice sports bars. The reason MMJ is so INEXPENSIVE is because it has been subsidized through decades of consumption and breeding by the best rec users in the world. OverGrow members many of whom are here on ICmag and new ICmagers who make these MED strains possible.

That is a funny irony NOT touched on in this thread. Even at $400 an OZ top shelf is a lot better for people and less expensive than Rush Limbaugh style pills.

But for the HUGE smoker who turned to growing and breeding MMJ patients would only have what the USDA produced. Does that strike anyone else as funny?

And really why would you ignore the oft repeated: "So if the greedy guys are there causing a problem, what is stopping ANYONE from producing BETTER and distributing BETTER?"

Then it all boils down to "What do you think you could do to make MMJ cheaper for those you love?"

Consistency of character and production will bring the price down, but maybe you can point out price controls or other government schemes that actually PRODUCE anything.

It is a very long thread as you have mentioned. Many of your points have been discussed already, but you seem to be complaining to some degree about peoples freedoms and how they operate their club, collective, garden, or dispensary.

People like nice MJ clubs and they like nice sports bars. The reason MMJ is so INEXPENSIVE is because it has been subsidized through decades of consumption and breeding by the best rec users in the world. OverGrow members many of whom are here on ICmag and new ICmagers who make these MED strains possible.

That is a funny irony NOT touched on in this thread. Even at $400 an OZ top shelf is a lot better for people and less expensive than Rush Limbaugh style pills.

But for the HUGE smoker who turned to growing and breeding MMJ patients would only have what the USDA produced. Does that strike anyone else as funny?

And really why would you ignore the oft repeated: "So if the greedy guys are there causing a problem, what is stopping ANYONE from producing BETTER and distributing BETTER?"

Then it all boils down to "What do you think you could do to make MMJ cheaper for those you love?"

Consistency of character and production will bring the price down, but maybe you can point out price controls or other government schemes that actually PRODUCE anything.

I agree with you 110%, that's why I sell my MMJ for $25 and eighth.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
I agree with you 110%, that's why I sell my MMJ for $25 and eighth.

I make it $50 a quarter - more environmentally aware, saves gas. lol
In fact - doing O'z at 125 this week - and trying to get it into patients hands not wana be mobile dispensary operators

oh - and a money back guarantee.

I have held the same prices since the 1990's.

Awhile back - I had a choice - raise prices or increase production.
Invest in cooled hoods and AC - do it right, and get the most from my limited area. Funny thing about investing in the garden, it has multiple rewards.

And I purchace seeds regurarly and often - my peeps get variaty and I keep looking for something "special"

And as a grower, how well I do my job should be rewarded - and it would be nice to know I am more than a month or two away from destitute.

Then there is the security system.
Dog food isn't too bad, but GAWD the vet bills could choke a horse. (ONG think of the vet bill for THAT! ) lol

Last edited:

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
10 years ago I was paying much less for electric, rent, and nutes, I'm not sure how anyone could think the price of good medicine has declined.

Make that 20yrs +
In the 80's, we were getting close to the price of Gold!
Zips were around 200, Gold $280ish I think it was?

Lots of money tree jokes back in the day :D

Koroz

Were you paying less than $50 an eighth 10 years ago?? For Top Shelf Bud?? (Not the Middies a lot of us were smoking then...but the "real deal")
If so, as were most of us...then how can you blame the D's for these "Horrible" prices??

10 years ago I was paying 40 an eighth for humbolt driven down to Chico, CA. 5 years ago I was paying 45 an eighth for homegrown San Diego Bullrider until we had a coop setup then I was helping grow and paid about 20 bucks a month toward the bills for about an ounce per month (could have had more but I didn't need it).

Now I live in upstate NY, there are no medicinal laws so I have to be a criminal and buy it off the street since I can't grow where I live and I pay 60-100 an eighth for sticks and seed brick.

In my opinion people need to quit bitching. If they don't want to pay for the prices of a store front then start a coop with a couple of other medicinal users. I am so tired of listening to people whine about paying 50 bucks an eighth of some of the better bud going around, when im sitting here paying twice that for shit, and a criminal on top of it.

I am sure there is better stuff around here, but that's all I can find in my situation. I am older with kids, can't exactly go around driving looking for the best prices.

Latest posts

Latest posts