What's new

Why is medical marijuana so expensive?

M

Marywanna

come on dude, IF u dont like paying for it grow ur own. there are a lot of collectives that help low income and seniors..
Easy to say,what if the pt(and YES,thats what they ARE)is not able to do that? Guess those lazy ass cripples ought to get to work,huh? Wanna trade places with me? Don't you get it that "caregivers" sign up pts so they can grow?? Do you think Grandma knows the world of reefer? How about the chemo pt? Bet he feels good enough to drive around looking for a bag. And since MMJ is mostly ILLEGAL,where are these collectives you speak of?

johnnyla

Veteran
Would you be in agreement of promoting a contract that states a set price for 'services rendered' and the patient take the plants home to dry & cure ?

Calculate nutes, energy and time spent for the 90-120 days it would take to grow the crop through fruition?

Hypothetically: $100 for nutes, $100 for energy and $10 per day for the duration of the growing cycle.

A crop that takes 120 days would be compensated @ $1400 and, the patient carries their fresh-cut plants home. If they contract for the caregiver to dry and cure the buds, an additional expense would be negotiated.

That seems fair and compassionate to me, I don't view that arrangement as 'Wanting FREE buds" or Slavery.

how about a horticulturist hourly wage per hours of labor, $10-20,000 legal fund for breaking federal law, pay for everything up front. no problem.

grow your own if you want free weed. you can't expect people to break the law for you, take all the risk, the risk of robbery and death etc. because you feel entitled to something that you are not entitled to.

you live in a dangerous world. no one is supposed to take care of you man. you have to take care of yourself. :joint::joint:

too many cops and retards on these forumns.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Easy to say,what if the pt(and YES,thats what they ARE)is not able to do that? Guess those lazy ass cripples ought to get to work,huh? Wanna trade places with me? Don't you get it that "caregivers" sign up pts so they can grow?? Do you think Grandma knows the world of reefer? How about the chemo pt? Bet he feels good enough to drive around looking for a bag. And since MMJ is mostly ILLEGAL,where are these collectives you speak of?

Caregivers make what ever arrangement they make with patients and it is none of our business. Some may do it "so they can grow" but as you see from my previous posts it is still a violation of federal law to cultivate marijuana, so either you have the ability to grow or you do not. The fact that a patient may or may not want you to grow for them does not change the fact that the grower is actively violating federal law.

No one would have to drive around or pay anything for this if the US government was controlled by common sense on this issue. If Uncle Sam got out of the way the price would be next to zero and the selection would be similar to the hundreds of nice micro brews I can buy cold 24 / 7 in my town.

Peace, :joint:

M

Marywanna

CGs are the ones that get free pot. Why can't that be the "payment"?They are legal once they sign the pt up. These are the same people that bitch about how the Pharm companies are ripping off sick people.....................

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
CGs are the ones that get free pot. Why can't that be the "payment"?They are legal once they sign the pt up. These are the same people that bitch about how the Pharm companies are ripping off sick people.....................

:fsu: :fsu: :fsu:

Did you read the two posts above you? They are NOT "legal" and how exactly do they get free pot? I might have to change my mind and want to be your caregiver, if I get free pot.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The amazing thing is .. there are huge huge grows going on in Cali. Thousands and thousands of pounds are being harvested as we speak. By xmas we will never know the small glut ever happened. Prices may dip for a month or so .. but it will be like that weed was never there by new years. There is just so much demand that it gets sucked up in no time.

zenoonez

Veteran
Would you be in agreement of promoting a contract that states a set price for 'services rendered' and the patient take the plants home to dry & cure ?

Calculate nutes, energy and time spent for the 90-120 days it would take to grow the crop through fruition?

Hypothetically: $100 for nutes, $100 for energy and $10 per day for the duration of the growing cycle.

A crop that takes 120 days would be compensated @ $1400 and, the patient carries their fresh-cut plants home. If they contract for the caregiver to dry and cure the buds, an additional expense would be negotiated.

That seems fair and compassionate to me, I don't view that arrangement as 'Wanting FREE buds" or Slavery.

What you see as fair and compassionate is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to any contract formed between a patient and a caregiver. They must make their own determination as to what is fair. If it were myself, I would require tax records for multiple years as well as a meeting with the primary physician to discuss that severity of the condition, prognosis, duration of care. I would also request a current totaling of bank accounts and assets. But again, we are talking about contracts and agreements made between individuals who are negotiating a service and a price, to each his own method for doing so. My point is that patients who are truly in need can find caregivers or programs at dispensaries to help them meet their needs. However, it is up to them to seek these options out and to provide the necessary information to apply and be accepted for those sorts of positions.

johnnyla

Veteran
Caregivers make what ever arrangement they make with patients and it is none of our business. Some may do it "so they can grow" but as you see from my previous posts it is still a violation of federal law to cultivate marijuana, so either you have the ability to grow or you do not. The fact that a patient may or may not want you to grow for them does not change the fact that the grower is actively violating federal law.

No one would have to drive around or pay anything for this if the US government was controlled by common sense on this issue. If Uncle Sam got out of the way the price would be next to zero and the selection would be similar to the hundreds of nice micro brews I can buy cold 24 / 7 in my town.

really you get free microbrew beer? last i checked a daily dose for microbrew is about $5. certainly not free. fantasy land that herb will be that much cheaper if legal. if it was legal, a lot more people would try who do not have access to cannabis or cannabis culture. without the stigma and illegality, consumption will go up as will supply, but Marlboro is not going to be growing huge fields of Medical grade micro brew herb, they are going to be making the King Of Buds Budweiser crap herb. Hey, a lot of people enjoy crap beer. good for them. isn't free will great?:joint::joint:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just to really make ppl understand how things can happen. A cpl years ago I had a legal garden. Sheriffs caught wind of it as it did stink very bad. I mean I was legal... well they came here .. found my small bit of kief and some water hash. Beings that some of these countys dont even really know what the law reads they pulled all my plants .. took my computers and any money I had around and charged us with two felonys, said because we had kief and hash our recs were illegal. Well we all know this is bullshit ... but just so you know .. it cost me 20k to prove my innocence.
Once these kinds of things CANT HAPPEN anymore ... then you WILL see the price of meds come down. I dont even own and scale ...and dont sell meds ...so guess what ... it could happen to you ... So I dont know .. give me back my 20k ill give ya some meds.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
really you get free microbrew beer? last i checked a daily dose for microbrew is about $5. certainly not free. fantasy land that herb will be that much cheaper if legal. if it was legal, a lot more people would try who do not have access to cannabis or cannabis culture. without the stigma and illegality, consumption will go up as will supply, but Marlboro is not going to be growing huge fields of Medical grade micro brew herb, they are going to be making the King Of Buds Budweiser crap herb. Hey, a lot of people enjoy crap beer. good for them. isn't free will great?:joint::joint:

Marlboro = Bud no doubt, but ICmagers = Stone IPA! I pay $9.99 a six pack, but should really get a huge discount because of my medical need.

johnnyla

Veteran
Marlboro = Bud no doubt, but ICmagers = Stone IPA! I pay $9.99 a six pack, but should really get a huge discount because of my medical need.

cheers bro!!!

micro brew for life. micro herb too ;)

greetings from usually sunny southern california:joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I've got a 6pack I mean .5grams that the Chargers kill the Broncos this Monday night. Keep enjoying the micro herb and the surf!

Babbabud, that Fing sucks I am so sorry man. I know you have the karma and connections but if you need help getting your show back on the road let me know. That is one project I'd love to volunteer for.

johnnyla

Veteran
Just to really make ppl understand how things can happen. A cpl years ago I had a legal garden. Sheriffs caught wind of it as it did stink very bad. I mean I was legal... well they came here .. found my small bit of kief and some water hash. Beings that some of these countys dont even really know what the law reads they pulled all my plants .. took my computers and any money I had around and charged us with two felonys, said because we had kief and hash our recs were illegal. Well we all know this is bullshit ... but just so you know .. it cost me 20k to prove my innocence.
Once these kinds of things CANT HAPPEN anymore ... then you WILL see the price of meds come down. I dont even own and scale ...and dont sell meds ...so guess what ... it could happen to you ... So I dont know .. give me back my 20k ill give ya some meds.

exactly. this is why you can't get your meds for "cost" White Owl.

cough up 20k for a legal defense fund, labor hours at a horticulturalist rate, rent for the space, equipment costs, energy usage, submit to a background check to prove you aren't a criminal. credit check to prove you can pay your bills, medical release to prove your legality.

why don't you start your own White Owl Caregivers association where you grow weed for the state of Michigan for cost? you can make $10 per hour, much higher than michgian or federal minimum wage, and then you can be the Mother Theresa of Compasionate Cannabis care in Michigan. LOL. :joint::joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I just gave away my 1989 and feel like a king in my 40 thousand mile 4 door sedan.

But REALLY I can PROVE my MEDICAL NEED for a Ferrari, shouldn't someone GIVE one to me?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's commercial all they way but I could cut that in half no problem. I dont grow commercial it's only for me :) I can get 1lb with a 600w digital it will run both kinds of bulbs. After initial start up costs it runs me about 200$ every harvest indoor outdoor is cheaper.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Wow, at .12 KWH your two hundred would buy you 1,666.67 KW hours but only 600w bulb so 2,777.78 hours of light. 12 hours a day 231 days total flower days for $200.

Crazy stoner excel work but we all know that there are lots of other electric drains besides the light so if you really are getting one LB per month of $200 in electric and you live there two; you are a new god of mine!