What's new

Why has no-one feminised the REAL Cheese???

greenhead

Veteran
Ganja Pasha said:
Exactamundo Chief, what's wrong with telling the truth? If their Cheese isn't the real, original cut, it casts doubt on their Trainwreck and Chemdog too, thing is, they MIGHT have the original Arcata TW cut or the authentic Chemdog #4 and they MIGHT actually S1 these cuts, but if they can mislabel one strain, they can certainly do it with others.

I'm failing to see how GH's Cheese is any less real than BB's Cheese, unless I'm missing something.

:joint: :wave:

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
ummmm what was this thread about????....oh yea.... very sad indeed BH what happened with your grow....but bloody good on ya having the thought to make some s1's to send to ppl that arnt in the UK...hopefully not just ppl in the USA....just because they sent the convicts over here dosnt mean they send over the cheese!....

as youve said the seeds wouldnt have given 100% cheese but with a little searching someone would find something there happy with.

will threads like this put the thought in elite clone owners minds to make s1's ....hope so????

i hope your in the position to get your projects up and running again oneday....i enjoy the positive vibe you bring to your posts and the lovely pictures you also supply us with ...thank you....K+....HH. =]-~

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
If you are looking for an exact terpenoid combination that makes an elite so special, you have to wonder if the combination and amounts of terpenes is genetically controlled or environmentally influenced. Since making an S1 involves pollen that only contains half the genetic profile, just like making regular seeds, only a portion of the plants will have a genetically similiar profile. If a trait involves 2 or more genes, your chances of finding a genetically identical plant go way down. If the terpenes are what make it so special, then the ferts and soil you use may change the equation.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
greenhead said:
I'm failing to see how GH's Cheese is any less real than BB's Cheese, unless I'm missing something.

JYI GH produces the cheese beans for BB. It is the same thing of the not quite cheese lol

englishrick, that's what I'm talking about. All so called cheese plants from seed look like sk#1 at best, nothing like your cut

Last edited:

greenhead

Veteran
Chiefsmokingbud said:
JYI GH produces the cheese beans for BB. It is the same thing of the not quite cheese lol

I'm very well aware of that. I started a thread here a while back where I was asking a few questions about Cheese.

G

holy crap this thread took off,
maybe a dumb question but having never tried it, what is so great about the cheese in the first place???
thanks

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its got heavy afgan stink on a pure sweet skunk bace....has a sativa structure...very stable!!

i understand now only true females produce 100% female s1`s....

and i didnt know gh made feminised seeds from selfing a true female....and i didnt know you could make female seeds from BX`ing allone,,,,i have been pre miss informed...thanks for clearing it up for me guys!!

so what do you think of the chem seeds?

is all what i have said correct now??

Last edited:
W

Wunderkind

englishrick said:
its got heavy afgan stink on a pure sweet skunk bace....has a sativa structure...very stable!!

i understand now only true females produce 100% female s1`s....

and i didnt know gh made feminised seeds from selfing a true female....and i didnt know you could make female seeds from BX`ing allone,,,,i have been pre miss informed...thanks for clearing it up for me guys!!

so what do you think of the chem seeds?

is all what i have said correct now??
you can't get feminized seed from backcrossing. Big Buddha did their work with a normal line. When they reached their goal they put that work into a feminized form.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Wunderkind is absolutely right. Back crossing involves using a male to pollinate the original clone and backcrossing several generations to the mother. It will definately produce male seeds, as a male contributed the y chromosome.

G

ricks cut looks amazing, that;s a well-grown Cheese indeed!

Thanks for the kind words happyherb.

That's a great point about environment Pops, to be honest, I'm only specualting about the terpenoid profile of Cheese, but I think I'm probably right that it's the terpenes that make it so special and not just another Skunk.

F

flying

Hi Ganja Pasha

for the moment, I prefer to pass this cut for free to friends around .... rather than makin S1 ... that is the best way to have the best representation of this cut .... although, S1 seeds will be easier to share .... :D

Pistils from B.R.E.E.D.B.A.Y is makin some nice projects with the Cheese cut in seed format but I think you know that already ....

btw, the Cheese is rather good, very special in the taste department ....

thanks to the UK Clan

stay safe

flying

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you put it in slightly more sativa conditions it shows the sativa side...same if you put it in indica coditions...thanks ganja...that cut was grown by my guy "mr T" that was the first ever grow he did and it came out fab...canna aqua with all the adatives on NFT...

i was just bichin because, my guy was going to do an s1 from his cheese...before now i didnt understand it totaly ...

im thinking of doing something with the cheese pollen!!!

KindBudKid

Ganja P your so right about the terpene profile making it very special. On a side note man I love that PurpAfghan you got. Very beautiful indeed.

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey rick :wave:
ooo cheese pollen ,has ur man made any yet ?
i can see the start of a few exiting projects there mate
u now ur the man to s1 the cheese

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo m@rg......

if its easy to teach,il teach him the ways......my guy "Mr T" wants to do a massive back up of cheese crosses!!...

im sure he will want some s1`s, when i tell him they will all be female,, he will be buzzing!!...

im thinking of making some "self pollen"!!....i thought i could find a male in the s1 seeds but i was oviously wrong!!

would an f1 be good to use for a mom??....or do i use an ibl or maybe a incross type ???

how about Chocolope and LLP`s Phyco or ssh x ogka ???

Last edited:
G

I agree that in an ideal world, we'd all have access to the original Cheese cut, but hey, we don't live in an ideal world!

I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing to self the Cheese and we can debate all day long till we're clue in the face, but until someone does make Cheese S1s and folks get to test grow them, no-one knows whether selfing the Cheese was a good idea or not.

At least now we know it's possible and not that difficult, so my children, I have shown you it can be done, so get on with doing it! lol

Would folks like me to post some pics and instructions for how I homebrewed my Colloidal Silver?

On the subject of Purple Afghan, hopefully it will be available to everyone in a few months, I'll say no more for now, but I'm working on an interesting little project with the PA currently.