What's new

Why has no-one feminised the REAL Cheese???

G

Yeah, they are feminised, a male is possible, but would be a rare find.

My honest opinion is this - Cheese is merely a pheno of Skunk, whether it is a rare sport pheno of not, I don't know, one would need a load of the same seeds the Cheese came from to know that and then you would have to grow them out and see if you got any more Cheese phenos. Selfing the Cheese is something I did because folks in the US asked me to, the hard work begins when the seeds are grown, not when they are made, selection is key, whether a proportion of plants will be Cheesy or not, I do not know. It's probably the case that what makes the Cheese special is a certain terpenoid profile that gives it it's special taste and smell and high, stabilising a line for this particular terpenoid profile is probably a whole lot more difficult to achive than locking down a trait such as purple colouration, I've no intention of doing anything towards makign a Cheeese IBL, I just wanted to set the ball rollign and give the guys who were desperate for the tools, the tools they needed to start the work they planned, I don't know exactly what they planned, but they are great guys who have no commercial intentions at all.

blackone

Veteran
Rick get off the box - you say you used to sell seeds - but did you actualy ever make some? ;p It's been said enough times already in this thread - S1 seeds are herma seeds. Herma seeds are feminized - thus no S1 males.

If the phenotype won't show up in the S1 generation, then it definitely won't show up in a backcross either - actually with enough backcrossings to a clone the offspring will be equivalent to an S1 - no worse, no better. 4-5 was stated but it's based on chance how many times you have to do it before every single gene of the other plant is gone.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
s1 is only 65% i think....how sure are you bro!!

and cheese is a sk1 with an afgan smell without the afgan taste...just grow enough s1`s find a sativa looking type and you might be lucky

now you have the afgan skunk mom its prety easy to make stinky babys...the ibl might change that tho

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brief background:

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, 'joebrand' (aka 'wonkanobe') and 'pbud' met 'chemdog' and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him).

blackone

Veteran
englishrick said:
s1 is only 65% i think....how sure are you bro!!

and cheese is a sk1 with an afgan smell without the afgan taste...just grow enough s1`s find a sativa looking type and you might be lucky

It's pointless to continue this discussion - are you a red herring or something? S1 are exactly the same as female seeds, except the parents are the same plant. Since you don't get 35% males from normal female seeds - why would you expect 35% males just because they're S1?

How do you know those dawg seeds were even herma seeds? And there is a big difference between 35% males and a stray male plant in an urban legend.

Last edited:
W

Wunderkind

englishrick said:
Brief background:

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, 'joebrand' (aka 'wonkanobe') and 'pbud' met 'chemdog' and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him).
could it have been....gasp....normal seeds? OMG!!!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dissagree....i think s1 seeds are only 65% female!...

gh seeds are 95% female and they do not use the selfing prosess to acomplish this high % of females

the most comon way of making female seeds used by the seed banks is to make normal f1 seeds and bath them in a hormone that changes them, then you have what the market calls feminised seeds...

s1 are feminised but only to a figure slightly above 50%

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so you think he found normal seeds in a bag of weed that were not s1...he then grew them and reported they had similar traits...?

lilo

englishrick said:
the most comon way of making female seeds used by the seed banks is to make normal f1 seeds and bath them in a hormone that changes them, then you have what the market calls feminised seeds...
I doubt it. Are you sure you know wht you're talking about?

W

Wunderkind

englishrick said:
so you think he found normal seeds in a bag of weed that were not s1...he then grew them and reported they had similar traits...?
he grew out four seeds and found 3 females and a male. They had similar traits because they came from the same parents.

Plain and simply, you don't know what you're talking about.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so chem 91 aint an s1?....

and your saying gh`s cheese is an s1...because its feminised?

Last edited:
W

Wunderkind

englishrick said:
so chem 91 aint an s1?....

and your saying gh`s cheese is an s1...because its feminised?
Chem 91 was a plant that was found in a group of four plants, one of which was a male. Doesn't sound like hermie seed to me.

We're saying an S1 is feminized seed.

KindBudKid

Rick have you ever heard the saying..."It's better the remain silent and have people think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i said ....gh dont tell you how they make gh cheese,

its a simple question!!!.............do you think gh cheese is a s1??