What's new

Why has no-one feminised the REAL Cheese???

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it would recombine the skunk genes,an pump out plants similar to cheese,,including males very similar to cheese

gh seem to keep there prosess a secret...i hate that!!...

there are only so many things you can do!!! they have to be doing one of them!!...

i think BB`s feminised is a normal cheese seed bathed in some chemical to kill the male genes!!...seeds feminised from this prosess allways show signs of slower groth an never yeald as much...this is from what i know!!

again could someone please tell me im wrong???

Last edited:
W

Wunderkind

no, Big Buddha's Cheese is a bx4. It's just the same as any other feminized seed.

KindBudKid

That's what I asked before...How do you expect to get the same pheno. I'm sure there have been plenty of skunk seeds grown out but how many people found cheese. If you guys get it figured out pm me. Tried BigBuddah and GHSco both were way below par.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ogkush is one of the best cuts in the world... an is a s1 .....a recombined vertion of chem 91....

so ??..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes..you can get males from s1....but some say they are crap for breading....

the truth is...if you aint got a feild to selectively bread...this is the only way you will see your pheno in seed form.

it might grow slow

it might hermie

etc

its a shity quick trick..but it works to limit your gene pool!!

Last edited:
W

Wunderkind

Rick, an S1 is a first generation hermie offspring. An S1 is feminized seed. Selfing is taking a female plant and making it produce male flowers. The resulting selfed seed is feminized seed.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but the feminised you buy from gh is normal seeds bathed in chemicals to kill the male genes....they are not s1 seeds

are you sure....i used to sell seeds!!

s1 is a type of feminising....but it makes 65% females tops!!

if im wrong im wrong ...im sorry!!

Last edited:

KindBudKid

This is from the Grower Indoor/Outdoor Bible.

"Traits for which the plant is homozygous remain homozygous upon selfing, whereas heterozygous loci segregate, and may demonstrate novel expressions of these charcters.
We know homozygous loci remain homozygous in future generations upon selfing, but what about the heterozygous loci? Each selfed generation leads to an increase in homozygosity by 50% for each heterozygous locus, and each subsequint generation, derived from selfing an S1, is 50% more homozygous than the parent. Repeated selfing, or a single seed descent, is the fastest way to achieve homozygosity within a group or famly. Again, the more plants grown from a self population, the better probablity a breeder has of finding selfed progeny that show all of the desired traits."

Hope this helps.

W

Wunderkind

englishrick said:
thats s1 feminised yes.....but the feminised you buy from gh is normal seeds bathed in chemicals to kill the male genes

are you sure....i used to sell seeds!!
S1 seeds are always feminized. In S1/selfed/feminized seed, males are very rare.

There are many ways to self a plant, the most effective being collidal silver, or as you put it, a chemical bath. Whichever way you choose to self your plant (C.S., light stress, heat stress), the result will be the same. Feminized seed.

as far as GHS bathing the actual seeds. They can do whatever they want. I don't buy GHS.

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my point is s1 seeds are 65% female!!!.........gh`s seeds are 95% female and are made a different way..... males are easyish to find in s1 seeds, an once you find a few good stable males to curb your cheese you cant say it wont be easy to find cheese geenes in them seeds!!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it will recombine cheese genes...the resulting seeds would be like an f2 of an identical incross...imposible in nature!!...so close in genes itshard for them to notspit out a stable trait or 2

Last edited:
G

Erm, no rick, S1 seeds are female, S1 males are very rare, but if someone did fnd a mae from Cheese S1s, that male would be very valuable to begin a backcrossing and stabilisation project, but the goal of making S1s was never abut getting a male.

Let me stress that this was originally begun as an exercise to make feminised seeds from the Cheese to share with friends outside the UK who had asked me to try this out in the first place.

Cheese + colloidal silver = S1 seeds, but of course, as Kindbudkid points out, the Cheese is just a select pheno of Skunk #1 and selfing it does not mean you will get Cheese seeds, you will get Skunk seds, some of them will be close to the Cheese, some won't, and the people who asked me to self he Cheese were well aware of this, selection was their answer - they were prepared to grow out loads of the seeds till they found the pheno they were happy with.

I just posted this thread to show it had been possible to force a sex reversal of the Cheese.

Last edited:

KindBudKid

If it is so easy why hasn't someone already done it??? Probably because SK1 is truebreeding. Cheese is probably a sport or freak pheno so when you try to breed cheese you just come out with skunk not more cheese. Ask BigBuddah.. He's been working with cheese for awhile. Ask him why he didn't release straight cheese. If it was easy every Brit would have been doing it by now.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh....i thought it might be too stable too bro...nice job fliping it!!

s1`s are 65% female ....green houses are 95%
green houses feminised seeds are different!!!!......they are not s1`s....

Last edited:
W

Wunderkind

englishrick said:
my point is s1 seeds are 65% female!!!.........gh`s seeds are 95% female and are made a different way..... males are easyish to find in s1 seeds, an once you find a few good stable males to curb your cheese you cant say it wont be easy to find cheese geenes in them seeds!!
:bashhead:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
am i wrong??...are gh s1`s??

are they not 65% ish??.....the feminised where you get 95% is not a s1!!

am i wrong?

Last edited:

KindBudKid

I thank you very much for posting this as my wife and I are from the other side of the pond and would love a taste of some real cheese. I hope that you or someone succeeds in this.