What's new

Why does everyone hate McDonalds?

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
lol probably ... mcdonalds actually hurts my stomach now maybe because im getting older ...I challenge any of you to drink a Thai baby coconut 30 mins after eating mcdonalds You'll be on the toilet most of the day, Another way you know that "food" is garbage not to mention you'll be hungry again in about 90 mins or so give or take depending on your munchies level at the time.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I remember 20 cent burgers and 15 cent fries. I will say the fries in the old days were pretty good. I can’t remember the last time I ate at a MickeyD’s.

Attachments

• Menu.pdf
    184.7 KB · Views: 37

redlaser

Veteran
Don't know if hate would be the right word, but it would be nice if the most visible food option had more healthy options. After having a few food service jobs, one in fast food, I'm probably more concerned with how the food is prepared. Picked up three or four burgers at 1 a.m. from a steak n shake and took them home to eat. Burger number two had a circular Band-Aid within it that I chewed on a bit. No bueno. Admittedly though, the sickest I ever got was my own fault at a fast food place. Out of boredom I bet a coworker I could catch a raw chicken tail in my mouth thrown 40-50ft. Won that bet, as well as a week stay in the hospital with an i.v. in my arm while puking and crapping like it was an Olympic sport or something.

shithawk420

Veteran
a bandaid?i would have raised hell.never had in and out or five guys but culvers is deffinatly the best ive ever had fast food wise.surprised no one ever mentions them.butter burgers and awesome shakes and onion rings.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
5 guys is better then in an out to me, the fries are better for one thing...never heard of culvers

N

noyd666

American hamburgers always look better than ozy burgers, like to see someone eating big one driving car.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

there's only 1 Culver's I know about, it's 100 miles away from me, I've eaten there a few times. Their claim to fame is what they call their 'Butter Top Burger' which is a decent burger served with a bun that's been grilled with butter, what we've really liked there is when they have walleye sandwiches on special.......

Sisu

Veteran

there's only 1 Culver's I know about, it's 100 miles away from me, I've eaten there a few times. Their claim to fame is what they call their 'Butter Top Burger' which is a decent burger served with a bun that's been grilled with butter, what we've really liked there is when they have walleye sandwiches on special.......

Culver's serves walleye sammiches? Awesome.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
still have no clue why white castle wont expand to Cali ...have to buy the frozen joints from the supermarket not the same experience as when I lived in Mich.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I made my own burgers last night 80/20...

I made my own burgers last night 80/20...

Actually Chesseburgers with Smoked Gouda Cheese, Avacado, Red Onions, Tomatoes and Lettuce on Whole Wheat Buns.

Served with a bunch of homemade French fries.

Hard to beat :party:

Siever

Veteran
I don't believe that they really import the Gouda from the Netherlands. It's probably Gouda style cheese.

Siever

LEF

Veteran
This reminds me, I remember i was in amsterdam, had made a friend and he brought me to this sandwich place

The sandwich artist asked me what kind of cheese I wanted, didnt know the dutch made different kinds of cheeses, i simply asked for mozzarella

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
If I had the extra $ I would drive to Burger King and get a double whopper w/bacon and cheese, king sized fries with strawberry milkshake. I have the munchies. So hungry I'd eat anything but WacArnold's. Although, I do like the double quarter pounder w/cheese.
I went to the McDonald's in Amsterdam. Was filled with British people.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Culver's serves walleye sammiches? Awesome.

it may be a regional special, idk, as Culver's are few & far between there's never a big advertising campaign running. Walleye is the MN state fish and a big big favorite for dining; perfect flaky white meat and frigging delicious anyway you prepare it. I'm not sure that they run walleye on their daily menu.

yeah, when Culver's runs ads for a $5 walleye sammich, fries & beverage we try to make an excuse to go shopping down in Baxter.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
was it just me or was mcdonalds a lot better food quality wise in the 80s for sure still into the early 90s? maybe it was because I was a kid during those times :) Anybody remember when they used to give buckets of fries I forget what they called them but they were bigger than the super sized fries.

back in the late '90s when I was driving truck in NY I had a Long Island stop (Islip) that was nearby a McDonald's, as we hit this stop @ midday to avoid traffic issues that McD's was a great lunch spot with truck parking. The joint was always spotless top to bottom and the burgers were always top of the line for McD's, hot juicy, fresh, french fries were never dried out 2nd rate either, it was obvious they cared, it can make a difference.