What's new

Why does everyone hate McDonalds?

Green Squall

the apex predators in saltwater are the worst- shark, swordfish etc. in fresh water, it is much the same-IE- BIG catfish, striped bass are REAL bad, in certain polluted waters (read Great Lakes etc) , oily fish like trout/salmon are bad for you. generally, the larger the fish, the more crap it is loaded with from its cumulative diet...

Yup, I tend to stay away from shark, tuna, swordfish anything big. I usually eat haddock, cod, hake and wild salmon which are all very low in mercury.

Green Squall

.....oh ya. and Mcdonalds sucks the big time. If your in a pinch for time, there's always sometime at least a little better available.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
That would be hilarious doober, look like chocolate syrup everywhere lol.
Armedoldhippy: you're right about the great lakes the one ten minutes from my house you're not supposed to eat fish out of more then once a month due to heavy metals. Wich sucks ass

lots of the rivers & lakes around here have signs saying - "restrict eating fish from this body of water to one meal per month. women who are pregnant or might become pregnant should avoid eating it entirely" I have seen signs along creeks saying to "avoid contact with this water" how bad can it get? plus, a place I deer hunt at sometimes, they check the deer with Geiger counters at the checking station. the dumpster gets full each fall...

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
lots of the rivers & lakes around here have signs saying - "restrict eating fish from this body of water to one meal per month. women who are pregnant or might become pregnant should avoid eating it entirely" I have seen signs along creeks saying to "avoid contact with this water" how bad can it get? plus, a place I deer hunt at sometimes, they check the deer with Geiger counters at the checking station. the dumpster gets full each fall...

We have the same signs on recommend amount of fish per month. Damn Geiger counters for deer? And avoid contact with water? What the hell happened down there, that's messed up. Here the woods,deer and other Forrest dwelling critters are perfect. But the lakes a little dirty but not to bad. I've been thinking about moving to the middle of nowhere a lot lately. Just not sure where.:tiphat:

redlaser

Veteran

You might not be able to drink the water or eat local game all the time, but I bet your electrical rates are around 7-9 cents per kwh. Not really a fair trade off, but the way things are.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
You might not be able to drink the water or eat local game all the time, but I bet your electrical rates are around 7-9 cents per kwh. Not really a fair trade off, but the way things are.

true, but I would cheerfully pay more for cleaner water. not much to be done about the radiation problem in Oak Ridge though, what they dumped during the Manhattan Project is enough to keep shit messed up for a long time...

redlaser

Veteran
I hear you on the clean water. Use to live less than ten miles from a place that processed uranium. Lots of on site storage and plenty of waste pools. Cheap electric but you could never be sure how bad the radiation is affecting things.

Someone mentioned Amsterdam... on my trip there I was surprised to see burgers available in vending machines. Hehe. I ate lunch at McDonalds for like 3 years straight back in HS, until I figured out I was wasting a bunch of money. (I can get 10 pounds of potatoes for the price of one large fry in Poland)

Attachments

• IMG_2765.jpg
    IMG_2765.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 12
this micky ds where i use to live had some problems with their milkshake machine being clogged.when they open it up to clean it the roaches had made homes in the tubes that shot down the milkshake shit.that was 2001 and thats the last time i ate at a mcdonalds

Genghis Kush

Febo!! Now that's fast food.
In Amsterdam your better of grabbing food out of one the little Albert Hein markets that are everywhere.

Mcdonalds..... I would rather go hungry.

t99

Veteran
"Best" McDonald's I ever had was in A-dam, early 90's. Ordered our "food", the cashier told us we could go sit down and they would bring it tthe table. We opened it up, it was hot, fresh, looked just like it does in the commercials! Picture perfect. Didn't look like it had been kicked across the kitchen, like every other time I'd had it. Think it was also the last time I ate MD's.
In A-dam, I prefer the stamppot/hutspot, or the pizza sized pancakes covered with toppings. Lots of great places to eat in A-dam, but McDonald's isn't one of them!

fulltimehuman

The seventh McDonalds ever built is on Firestone blvd. in Downey we used to eat there as a kid. I can't stand McDonalds but every once in a while I have to prove it by eating a double hamburer. They just don't taste like they used to. Carl's Jr. Blows McDonalds out of the water anyway for me. So if there is a Carl's Jr. i go there .They also run Hardees. Not sure if Hardees are all like Carls Jr. But they have to be better than McRowaves(sic).

sprinkl

Veteran
I read the same too about the fat content of red meat, supposedly increased the thinking and brain capacity of early humans..

The Gmo's already has helped humanity to the nth degree.. Norman borlaug and the green revolution.. I would say too many are focused on what's natural vs not, rather looking at whats good for you period. You can have natural thats bad (arsenic) or you can have "non-natural" thats good (clean, sterile lab enviroments) just as you can have clean healthy organic chicken or chicken thats been mangled and pumped, as long as you are a discerning customer, this whole I hate/distrust this guys, shouldn't matter right?

I disagree if its for a good reason, I see the same reasoning among huge different social groups. "They broke my trust and marginalized us and made us outlaws, we can't trust those guys" How would it be any different to turn the same gun on them? I say, screw all of that, just live your life, and tell anyone blowin smoke up ya ass, to do likewise...

Don't take it for me sticking up for these guys off rip... I'm just trying to get you guys to see my perceptive, that any and all groups play the tribalism game, the us vs them shit.. My main position is on personal freedom, always.. I'll be damned if someone, anyone, tells me how to live my life, whether I'm dirt broke, growing pot, or somehow managed to make good money.

Googled that guy I'm baffled

Borlaug believed that genetic manipulation of organisms (GMO) was the only way to increase food production as the world runs out of unused arable land. GMOs were not inherently dangerous "because we've been genetically modifying plants and animals for a long time. Long before we called it science, people were selecting the best breeds."[46] In a review of Borlaug's 2000 publication entitled Ending world hunger: the promise of biotechnology and the threat of antiscience zealotry,[47] the authors argued that Borlang's warnings were still true in 2010,[48]

GM crops are as natural and safe as today’s bread wheat, opined Dr. Borlaug, who also reminded agricultural scientists of their moral obligation to stand up to the antiscience crowd and warn policy makers that global food insecurity will not disappear without this new technology and ignoring this reality global food insecurity would make future solutions all the more difficult to achieve.

—Rozwadowski and Kagale

Selecting best breed is the same as GMO? What the dick. GMO is done by placing genes from other species into a plant, this doesn't happen in nature(it can in some occasions like between bacteria).
GMO's as of now are used to create "natural" pesticides in plants, with as result that all the pests are now resistant, and to give roundup resistancy - which means they can drop even more of that superhealthy stuff on our food while creating superweeds that destroy everything(including farm equipment) and are unkillable. All these plants don't yield as well as the "real" natural versions, they cost more money, need to be bought each year and in the end perform a lot worse than the original. Farmers all over the world have got their hands behind their back, no way out, farmer suicide is rampant. They have managed to destroy the oldest profession.

HOW IS THAT HELPING US? Sorry I always go in a light rage mode when the subject is GMO's.

It could, COULD, be helpful if it wasn't in the hands of greedy corporations. It COULD do great things for us. Yet nature is perfectly fine as it is, IMO. Maybe if we wouldn't waste half the food we produce, or have to bring it in from the other side of the world, if we didn't monocrop with chemical feed which automatically requires pesticides our food could even be nutritious and healthy instead of slowly killing us. We wouldn't have to come up retarded scifi shit like this. Unless the retarded scifi shit is a way to control, that would make sense.

Interesting that this guy spent much of his life breeding wheat. One of the staple feeds in our world that has since a few dozen years been looked at as an important factor of a lot of diseases. Wheat gluten is near indestructible, which gives it the magic binding properties in bread and what not but also means your body has a terrible time digesting it.

I would say too many are focused on what's natural vs not, rather looking at whats good for you period. You can have natural thats bad (arsenic) or you can have "non-natural" thats good (clean, sterile lab enviroments) just as you can have clean healthy organic chicken or chicken thats been mangled and pumped
Ever came across arsenic in nature? Plutonium or radioactive metals? Sure they exist in nature but it not in reactive forms, and nearly everything comes from mines.

Cleanliness and sterileness is supposedly one of the reasons why we're now having kids with unthinkable allergies and nearly no diseases resistance, I believe Roundup is an important factor but hey I'm no Nobelprize winning scientist :-/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts