What's new

Who's the king of resin?

L

lordofthenugz

Best bubble hash I have ever extracted and smoked was from Ferderation's Hawaiian Sativa. Second best ECSD bubble hash from Rez. Third NL#5xHawaiian Sativa bubble hash.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your thread title is very unclear too. it really looks like you are trying to find king hash man.

no its not, its just accurate.

I know, I did this whole thread quite impulsively I'm beginning to realize.

I did make an edit twice in the thread already clearing up the title as I figured thats what people might think. and i also edited the title of the thread on the first post it reads " In search of the queen".
And hey for any out there that think they're the hash king, they can throw down here and be critiqued and we can see who at IC is the hash king thats cool for now until the data starts comin' in. just type for the crown above your hash pics... lets just try and keep it civil, leave the ego at the door, no bickering, or even defending your own stuff if you post it here prepare for the truth

but I know your a up there in the hash royalty so show us what your working on, Sire. post up

lol accurate yeah but whats the difference if a guy with some oil calls it hash oil we all know what he has

and oily hashes differ from hash oil because the solvent... solvent based extracts contain absolutely no plant debris including the gland membranes, which will be in all forms of hash theres no way to separate the membrane without dissolving the oils... with a solvent.

I hope we can stop debating this though 4real and just share some hash plant info, maybe crown a king?, and start individually collecting some data to share.

I'm looking at a Tamisium right now, remember I want to use this to determine the overall resin yield and resin potency. I have some Sour bubble, Chemdog Double D, and Querkle buds I've ben saving to make canna caps out of. So when i get the tami ( not quite sure yet hopefully sooner than later, I just spent an ass load on beans) I'll weigh everything and post the bud weight and oil weight. That will be a small start from my end.

peace,
Infi

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Well even though water is a solvent your not using it as a solvent because water won't dissolve the resin heads, cannabinoids, terpenes, etc.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best bubble hash I have ever extracted and smoked was from Ferderation's Hawaiian Sativa. Second best ECSD bubble hash from Rez. Third NL#5xHawaiian Sativa bubble hash.

yeah but where can we get some hawaiian Sativa any breeders working with it? are there clones prevalent? I'd really like to know.

peace,
Infi

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you guys want to crown a Hash King lemme know and we'll pic an entry deadline date. nominate the top candidates and then add a poll for everyone to vote.

If you guys are down lets do it, get all the best hash makers at IC to come through and show off. complete with pics maybe vids, smell, taste, and smoke reports. those would be the entry guidelines if you guys are down lemme know?

peace,
Infi

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
But you're using a solvent(water) for the process.
Word games are fun yes?
here's the difference, and no they're not really. communication is the transfer of information it is not playing with words in order to incite frustration

hash is made up of concentrated cannabis glands, as where solvents volatile organic compounds extract the cannabinoids, terpenoids, flavonoids and other constituents of the plants essential oils from the glands cellulose membrane, and concentrate just the essential oils with no plant debris. So technically those who are saying oil isn't hash are correct but to be fair thats Ultra Potsnobbish.
solvent based extracts contain absolutely no plant debris including the gland membranes, which will be in all forms of hash theres no way to separate the membrane without dissolving the oils... with a solvent.

I hope we can stop debating this though 4real and just share some hash plant info, maybe crown a king?, and start individually collecting some data to share.

the spectrum of polarity, which is the physical property that determines a lot of things about a molecule one being "solubility or what and how much can be dissolved by it in a solution", from what i've heard is water has a pretty low raking on the order of polarity. Alcohol is more polar than water and things like butane and hexane are very polar, which means they will dissolve more and faster with less unwanted material in the solution than a less polar molecule.

so water isn't polar enough to dissolve the resins into a solution therefore its not an efficient enough solvent. Oils use at least a moderately polar solvent such as alcohol to extract the essential oils from gland membranes, where as all other forms of hash retain the glandular membranes. it can be that simple.....

Do You Have Any Mem.Brains can you see little crystal balls? then you have hash, and if you have oil and want to call it hash I don't give a fuck

the functionality of the water in making Ice water hash isn't to act as a solvent anyways it's to cool the plant material causing the Trichome stalks to become brittle so that the gland heads may easily break off and be collected.

so I don't know what other words anyone can or would want to "play" with just to argue with people. I think the whole oil- hash or not? thing is pretty much closed

peace,
Infi

hammalamma

Veteran
so water isn't polar enough to dissolve the resins into a solution therefore its not an efficient enough solvent. Oils use at least a moderately polar solvent such as alcohol to extract the essential oils from gland membranes, where as all other forms of hash retain the glandular membranes. it can be that simple.....

Infi
Water does dissolve and wash away terpenes, which is a big part of any HASH I enjoy.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
WOULD LOVE TO STAY ON TOPIC, WAS A COOL CONCEPT.

ABOUT A COLLECTION OF GOOD HASH PRODUCING PLANTS!!!! < EDIT- there is a thread about full melt genetics I think, just not in the Oil forum, but I'm not sure thats exactly what you are looking for.

ENOUGH OF THIS LAGUNA BEACH SWORD FIGHTING!

Caps feels good I gotta say. Seriously though, the one thing we can agree on is, this fucking PLANT gets us what WE ALL want in the end!

Now lets get on topic, and stop being such nit picking little girls about hash this hash that. FUCK! LOL

hammalamma

Veteran
WOULD LOVE TO STAY ON TOPIC, WAS A COOL CONCEPT.

ABOUT A COLLECTION OF GOOD HASH PRODUCING PLANTS!!!! < EDIT- there is a thread about full melt genetics I think, just not in the Oil forum lol.

ENOUGH OF THIS LAGUNA BEACH SWORD FIGHTING!

Caps feels good I gotta say. Seriously though, the one thing we can agree on is, this fucking PLANT gets us what WE ALL want in the end!

Now lets get on topic, and stop being such nit picking little girls about hash this hash that. FUCK! LOL
Oh shit, the king has spoken!

TripleDraw27

Veteran
lol hardly, I'm the king of learning, and its tough lol

You know what I mean though right? It always ends this way, u know it lol.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Water does dissolve and wash away terpenes, which is a big part of any HASH I enjoy.
yeah water is polar enough to attract phenol group molecules but to be fair your gonna lose terpenes to evaporation when you purge a solvent, albeit maybe not as much when done right. again, i don't care what someone calls it, extract, hash, whatever if its good its good. Other than that it really doesn't affect me.

peace,
Infi

Mia

here's the difference, and no they're not really. communication is the transfer of information it is not playing with words in order to incite frustration
What's "no..not really" ? Be clear! And don't assume my point is to incite frustration because then you are wrong...

If one wants to say any product which uses a solvent is not hash, as has been said in this thread, then bubblehash is not hash since it uses a solvent(water) although the extraction is not based on dissolving the resin via water.
If you want to use your definition then you are of course correct.
As I said in my first post I think it's a petty argument anyways.
I also think a big dick swinging hash contest is petty as well.
I was just having a little fun playing devil's advocate.
But I digress...
Aleph-null huh....

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Word games are fun yes?

no, not really

What's "no..not really" ? Be clear! And don't assume my point is to incite frustration because then you are wrong...

If one wants to say any product which uses a solvent is not hash, as has been said in this thread, then bubblehash is not hash since it uses a solvent(water) although the extraction is not based on dissolving the resin via water. No fucking shit i posted that just above you, the ice water is used to make the stalks brittle so the heads can break off, easier and more efficiently, to be collected Can you stay with me
If you want to use your definition then you are of course correct.
As I said in my first post I think it's a petty argument anyways.
I also think a big dick swinging hash contest is petty as well. this was just an on the fly idea inspired by hashmasta since it seemed to me as what he thought the thread was about, so i thought it might be fun nothings official i dunno if its gonna even happen and i wouldn't compete
I was just having a little fun playing devil's advocate.
But I digress...
Aleph-null huh....
really dude... what's your problem? whats this about?

u act like I'm over here try'n to argue with you when I've been try'n to keep My thread free of the arguements and i got tired of people filling up the pages with useless bickering. i wasn't referring to any one person but, you are inciting, your not even paying attention to my posts and your just coming back with inflammatory shit.

i wrote that if you don't have intact gland heads, resin encapsulated in a cellulose membrane you don't have what is technically known as and as considered hash by all the super cannasuers, but again i don't give a fuck what you or anyone else calls it i always considered oil hash my ownself even though technically its not its all a technicality and not even worth talking about.

so mia what did you bring to offer to this thread then?

sso

Veteran
i think what we have here, is a serious misunderstanding :)

dont be silly guys, play nice :)

Mia

I'm not over here trying to argue with you. I'm clarifying what I meant by what I said and why I said it. There is a difference. You are attributing things(like what you think my supposed intentions are) that aren't true to me. Hence my responses.

I did not see your post when I made mine, sometimes things happen like that...

I just told you, using your definition, the "connoisseur" definition, that it follows that bho is not technically hash and you are correct. But as you can see, and as you yourself admit by your own personal view, there is disagreement even among those who do this stuff daily what should be classified as what.

I have no problem with you other than you stating that I'm trying to do things I'm not, i.e. incite frustration and now argue with you.

My point was clarity in what exactly "hash" is. You can see there is a mish mash of opinions but now that the irreproachable definition has been provided, there is no further clarification necessary.

So I will leave your thread be. And I apologize for sidetracking it, that really wasn't my purpose.

I thought it was interesting to see aleph-null as your avatar, that's all, not something I expect to see around here.

Grobot2010

Sensi Seeds Hash Plant - not only is the resin production excellent, but the 42 day flowering means that you'll be making batch after batch of hash every 6 weeks! When you look at what that allows you to produce each year, I think that you'll be pretty happy.

Pick the right mom (highest resin quality and quantity by day 42) and your indoor production line will make you the hash king!

Grobot2010

Sensi Seeds Hash Plant - not only is the resin production excellent, but the 42 day flowering means that you'll be making batch after batch of hash every 6 weeks! When you look at what that allows you to produce each year, I think that you'll be pretty happy.

Pick the right mom (highest resin quality and quantity by day 42) and your indoor production line will make you the hash king!

Latest posts

Latest posts