What's new

Who's the king of resin?

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
EDIT: just to be clear, I'm no resin king, I am hoping that many others will join in gathering and sharing this info. This is an ego free thread and i'm much more referring to the search for amazing hash producing plants and strains, than which human being can make the best or most hash.

I was wondering if anyone in the world was collecting data on which strains yield the most resin?
And not necessarily the most dry sift, or bubble or any one type of hash, but which plant will produce the most glands in a grow/season and how much will it produce per ton, per lb., per Oz. or per gram.

I would imagine though that in order to properly measure this, one would likely have to use the cold purge BHO route, maybe something similar to a large tamisium.

I think it could be very valuable information for the breeders looking to breed ever increasingly high quality hash plants especially those in medical communities. Where a large supply of high quality potent hash is needed, to feasibly consume the amount of cannabinoids needed by some individuals. We could breed strains each specifically designed for a very narrow band of hash collecting techniques for example a strain designed specifically for whole plant hand rubbing, or whole plant ice water hash, whole plant full melt dry sift!!!!

Is anyone collecting this data?
What are the highest resin producing strains on the market today clones or seeds? And does anyone have a plant that they think could be considered among the highest resin producers? post em up

I'm hoping maybe this can become a resource pool where we can come, gather and share info on the subject of increasing resin in cannabis. Where people can come and learn about different varieties that specifically pertain to hash production, and maybe inspire the next wave of hash masters, or inspire someone to breed an all new hash plant using strains posted up here.

Thanks Everyone at IC, over the years here i've learned so much and been inspired by so many, that words cannot describe and don't begin to do it justice. Again thanks,

Infi

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok well I'll get it started with one of my frostiest highest hash producing strains.
Chemdog double d

the smell is awesome and seemingly ranges over the entire olfactory reaction spectrum. the taste is complex, typical sour kushy, but theres also citrus, something like a vanilla cream, a lil bit of licorice or something every now and then, and overwhelming pine, with tastes of full melt even in the green hits out of a clean piece of glass. I swear sometimes it seems as if i can even see the Trich's bubble when the flame is beginning to touch it. The high is very potent with an instant initial head high that ever so slowly migrates to the body and before you know it your just so relaxed and comfortable enjoying everything that is life.

as far as hash- I've made some bho using 10g's of trim through my o'kiefe tube and got some really really nice product. a small amount but probably the best oil I've had ( ill get some pics of the has shortly). It cured to a white crunchy butter all porous and shatter like, when using a poker to take a dab it stretched just a lil then broke off. the taste was amazing, it smelled and tasted just like the bud it came from more than any other hash I've ever tried from any dispensary or anywhere in my life.
I've made bubble from about an ounce or less of sugar trim, when my buddies at the same time where using like 6 zips of trim per batch. They were laughing at me when they saw how much i brought over to process. they're all like "your not gonna get shit from that" i just smiled and said whatever. when all was said and done mine came out way higher quality and i actually had more of all grades from my batch than they did from any one of their 6 ounce batches and i didn't even stir as long as they did. It all came out pretty dark, the 120 was a little lighter had more plant material in it but it was still soft and pliable really good smoke and was great for putting in joints, it even bubbled a tiny bit. the 90 was really good dark soft but you could still play with it as long as you wanted it bubbled real nice but didn't melt really smooth tasty smoke and real potent, the 73, and the 45 were both similar to the 90 but bubbled more and melted slightly and you could not mess with them much without the resins just sticking to you and not being able to get it into the pipe or what have you.
finger hash, this is the finger hash queen as far as i know it. forget the trim phase hash i get more when smoking it as i cut up my smoke with some Fiskars. I swear i get a little bowl topper of scissor hash with every .3 gram bowl and a fat wad with every joint i roll, its awesome.

I'm planning on devoting a large percentage of this years outdoor grow to whole plant has making of all types

so i think this would make an excellent hash plant in of itself and also a great mother to explore finding new hash plant phenotypes. I think breeding for hash could be ever increasingly easier with lab testing and such, we can simply select from a population the plant that produces the most of the best of type of "bubble" hash and only use that plant from that population to further our "bubble hash plant"
plus if we gather a large enough database on hash strains, it gives a shorter, higher quality list of strains to the potential aspiring hash enthusiast, which i believe in the long run would result more higher quality strains added to the database for everyone to choose from

peace,
Infi

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
What are the yields Chendog double d for Dry sift, water sifted, or Bho? From buds, or shake or even unmanicured plants.
BTW, Bho extracts are not hash, it is a solvent extract, but I think you know that.
-SamS

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are the yields Chendog double d for Dry sift, water sifted, or Bho? From buds, or shake or even unmanicured plants.
BTW, Bho extracts are not hash, it is a solvent extract, but I think you know that.
-SamS

Wow I'm super honored to have you stop by Sam 4real :thank you:

well let me first say I've only recently become really into keeping notes and i haven't been big into weighing things much. so i don't have a lot of hard numbers right now but thats what this years work is about

as far as yields it was real small amounts of beginning material used. between 10 grams and one ounce

from ten grams of sugar leaf trim I got, guessing maybe a gram and a half of some super fine bho but i didn't even weigh it i just stashed away and smoked on it sparingly.

Ice water method worked excellent i used probably less than and ounce ( i know not very scientific right? ) of the same sugar leaf trim, I stirred (way to long) like 20 mins probably so the yield was a little inflated due to the plant debris getting pulverized through the screens. estimating from my memory, from the 120-25 micron range it yield between 10 -14 grams i would say from "around and ounce" a little more than a quart mason jar full maybe 1 and 1/2 mason jars of sugar trim.

I know it looks kinda lame all the about's, kinda's an probably's but hey thats what this years outdoor is for.
I'm gonna be testing this and a couple other cuttings i have, dedicating whole plants to as many methods as i can.
Making water hash experimenting with various combos of bags with fresh frozen trim, dry whole plant, dry bud, and dry trim.
Dry sift with whole plant, bud, and trim....all Dry of course.
Hand rub fresh whole plant ( do you think it would be worth it try a dry hand rub?).
And I also want experiment with a tamisuim extractor to make bho using dry bud, dry trim, dry whole plant, fresh frozen bud, fresh frozen trim, and fresh frozen whole plant

thanks for stopping by skunkman, I'm sure you could add tons of data and experience to this thread, keep checkin in when you have time especially in few more months when we all have a bunch of input to share.

peace,
Infi

hammalamma

Veteran
-SamS
It doesn't matter they way you collect it, it is still hash. I will continue to call it hash and I am sure a lot of other people in the know will also. Is hash oil not hash? Different strokes for different folks.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I was wondering if anyone in the world was collecting data on which strains yield the most resin?
And not necessarily the most dry sift, or bubble or any one type of hash, but which plant will produce the most glands in a grow/season and how much will it produce per ton, per lb., per Oz. or per gram.

I would imagine though that in order to properly measure this, one would likely have to use the cold purge BHO route, maybe something similar to a large tamisium.

I think it could be very valuable information for the breeders looking to breed ever increasingly high quality hash plants especially those in medical communities. Where a large supply of high quality potent hash is needed, to feasibly consume the amount of cannabinoids needed by some individuals. We could breed strains each specifically designed for a very narrow band of hash collecting techniques for example a strain designed specifically for whole plant hand rubbing, or whole plant ice water hash, whole plant full melt dry sift!!!!

Is anyone collecting this data?
What are the highest resin producing strains on the market today clones or seeds? And does anyone have a plant that they think could be considered among the highest resin producers? post em up

I'm hoping maybe this can become a resource pool where we can come, gather and share info on the subject of increasing resin in cannabis. Where people can come and learn about different varieties that specifically pertain to hash production, and maybe inspire the next wave of hash masters, or inspire someone to breed an all new hash plant using strains posted up here.

Thanks Everyone at IC, over the years here i've learned so much and been inspired by so many, that words cannot describe and don't begin to it do justice. Again thanks,

Infi

you can get 25% off sugarleaf with cold BHO extraction in a tamasium

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BHO is not hash...I have never called it hash oil. It's always been Butane Honey oil

what are you looking for the best Quality or quantity. To me its all about the quality.

Chimera Mental Floss FTW:)

hammalamma

Veteran
BHO is not hash...I have never called it hash oil. It's always been Butane Honey oil

what are you looking for the best Quality or quantity. To me its all about the quality.

Chimera Mental Floss FTW:)
Who said bho? There are many different ways of achieving hash oil. My bho never comes out oil, always near solid kinda like the consistency of ,guess what, HASH. I wish some one nicer and smarter than me would chime in on this. Do you guys call your dry sieve "mechanically separated trichome glads" nope, its just hash.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess we are not reading the same posts Sam menened it and you said "It doesn't matter they way you collect it, it is still hash:

I have never had oil come out looking like hash unless you turn it to Budder. Its Either hard amber or oil...

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Do you guys call your dry sieve "mechanically separated trichome glads" nope, its just hash.

I call mine dry sieve :big grin:

And, if I press it into a nice little brick, I call it Hash.

:biggrin:

I wonder why the BHO thread and Hashish thread aren't merged? Oh yea, two diff beasts. Hey dudes, both are awesome. Lets keep this debate out of it? IDC, but I think it would be respectful.

KiefSweat

Veteran
butane oils may not be hash, but my ambers are. :peacock:

and if we are going to get picky what's sold as solvent-less hash isn't even pressed so how is that hash?

whodare

Veteran
http://i.word.com/idictionary/hashish?cref=0,2,hash

Main Entry: hash·ish
Pronunciation: \ˈha-ˌshēsh, ha-ˈshēsh\
Function: noun
Etymology: Arabic ḥashīsh
Date: 1598
: the concentrated resin from the flowering tops of female hemp plants (Cannabis sativa or C. indica) that is smoked, chewed, or drunk for its intoxicating effect —called also charas — compare bhang, marijuana

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashish#section_2

Hashish is made from cannabinoid-rich glandular hairs known as trichomes, as well as varying amounts of cannabis flower and leaf fragments. The flowers of a mature female plant contain the most trichomes, though trichomes are found on other parts of the plant. Certain strains of cannabis are cultivated specifically for their ability to produce large amounts of trichomes. The resin reservoirs of the trichomes, sometimes erroneously called pollen (vendors often use the misnomer "pollen catchers" to describe screened kief-grinders), are separated from the plant through various methods.

Mechanical separation methods use physical action to remove the trichomes from the plant, such as sieving through a screen by hand or in motorized tumblers. The resulting powder, referred to as "kief", is compressed with the aid of heat into blocks of hashish. Ice-water separation is another mechanical method of isolating trichomes.

Chemical separation methods generally use a solvent such as ethanol or hexane to dissolve the lipophilic desirable resin. Remaining plant materials are filtered out of the solution and sent to the compost. The solvent is then evaporated, leaving behind the desirable resins, called honey oil, "hash oil", or just "oil". Honey oil still contains waxes and essential oils and can be further purified by vacuum distillation to yield "red oil". The product of chemical separations is more commonly referred to as "honey oil". This oil is not really hashish, as the latter name covers trichomes that are extracted by sieving, hence leaving most of the glands intact. The reason hash oil is fluid, is that the resin glands have been broken, leading to what is called a Bonani.

My 2 pennies (depreciating quickly)

Hash is a term like beer. It is a general term. Where the type like ale, lager, stout determine process, so does dry sift, bubble, bho...

Maybe I'm crazy

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this thread turned into "what sam sed", so im gon weigh in on the first post:

record keeping from growers is useful, but i would be looking to breeders for their best resin/oil/hash strains, cuz as we kno, one grower may grow a strain for sh*t and another may blow that strain out the water, granted genetics play a huge role in this, and who knows that better than the breeders themselves?
i guess a bunch of peeps on IC mag do, if they ever get around to talkn @ it.

dCarboxyL8

To address some of the other content on this thread:
Oils and other concentrates may not necessarily be considered "Hash", but Is not all cannabis resin(of high quality) oil? I have produced cold water and dry sieve extractions that were about as "oil" as any solvent extract if not more so.(again speaking in terms of resin quality).........which brings me to the question that started this thread in the first place......This "quality of resin", is largely a result of the plants used in the process. Obviously there are other factors involved but genetics are key.... so to answer your question, my best work has always been with varieties with strong Chem lineage. If you can get legit OG, ChemDawg (4,D,'91..etc.), Headband, Sour Diesel,....hell even good Bubba Kush lines, you will definitely have yourself a head start in making some fine concentrates of any form.

I find these to be perfect Hashplants for a few reasons:

The flowers from these varieties often have great resin content to begin with.(abundant, aromatic, and potent)

The size of the mature resin heads are ideal if not impressive.

-AND-

The relative thickness of the wax membrane containing the resin itself, seems to be much thinner than that produced by most other plants.
If you were to isolate intact, 100% glandular trichome heads, the wax membrane surrounding them would be the only thing left to diminish overall resin purity.
Now subtract the wax and what remains (Cannabinoids & Terpenoids) is essentially "oil".....................................to bring it full circle.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK guys I don't prefer Butane oils either, ill use them sparingly when needed or as a novelty thing. But i do think its useful in determining the overall cannabinoid content of a whole plant as it extract all the essential oils without missing any glands do to micron size or anything nor do they contain any glandular membranes or stalks (i know skunkmansam can get 99.9% pure heads but i bet he loses at least some of the heads originally on the plant before processing) sorry I refered to it as hash you guys are correct, didn't think it would cause an uproar, ill try not to make that mistake again.

and just to be clear, I'm no resin king, I am hoping that many others will join in gathering and sharing this info. This is an ego free thread and i'm much more referring to the search for amazing hash producing plants and strains, than which human being can make the best or most hash.

Latest posts

Latest posts