What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

N

Nondual

And most current "MJ entrepeneurs" have little usable skillset in an industrialized MJ agrobusiness.
That's an understatement. I've spent over 20 years in mainstream business and have run across very few competent people in the canna world. Unfortunately for many if/when canna becomes legalized/decriminalized most will end up working 'regular' day jobs. At the least what will happen in the long run is decreasing prices. Make hay while you can and prepare to get involved in something in another area in the not too distant future. I have an idea or two for canna related products that will work only when I can grow acres of it.

I'm still seeing good deals. Not haggling and just paying asking prices. Now I'm seeing people wanting to dump stuff to get their 2012 garden going.

astartes

This is the absolute last thing that would ever happen. Sorry.

a.

I think prices would increase everywhere other than the state it was legalized in because the supply in that state would not meet the demand at first. So good stuff would come from everywhere. Leaving a shortage in the other states. Especially states in New England if it were Cali that legalizes it. Because I see tons of Cali stuff sent here. And I think that'd slow down or stop for a while.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i know a ton of growers and dealers who have literally no clue on the politics behind marijuana and where this movement is going...they literally think they can keep pumping out herb for years and years, they dont invest their profits they waste it on partying and dumb shit.....i am fully aware of the possibilities this industry is headed..ive been re-investing most of my funds into projects that could possibly give me a heads up should things get legalized...

i dont buy into the fact that all of a sudden big pharma will take over and supply 100% of marijuana...if you look at wine and alcohol there are dominant players but plenty of small ones....there is a big market for boutique, organic, sustainable farmed, etc....only the pawns and idiots would want to smoke mass produced government weed...people can also breed their own super strains and hoard them to death so that the guvvment cant sell similar that would also give you a edge...

but yea 90%+ of people involved now will be out of business, all the idiot gangsters, thugs, morons looking for a quick buck..most of them dont care about MJ at all they just care about money. i wont feel that much sympathy for this crowd when it all goes up in smoke....but my circle of growers we are all on the same page pretty much and i think we could make a decent fight in a legalized economy....

If it was national legalization I think that 99% of us would be out of business. If it was just say Cali then what Yes For Prop just described would be possible. National legalization would end mom and pop for sure. There would be big companies that could easily grow high end meds. I think it would be closer to farming than alcohol or wine. Especially with indoor, you could set up some quality facilities that would produce Aaa+ for super cheap. I just don't think they will ever make it nationally legal. The govt makes way to much money with it being illegal

zbenjii

If it was national legalization I think that 99% of us would be out of business. If it was just say Cali then what Yes For Prop just described would be possible. National legalization would end mom and pop for sure. There would be big companies that could easily grow high end meds. I think it would be closer to farming than alcohol or wine. Especially with indoor, you could set up some quality facilities that would produce Aaa+ for super cheap. I just don't think they will ever make it nationally legal. The govt makes way to much money with it being illegal

more like way too many people are employed because it's illegal.. police, prison guards, growers, dealers

TripleDraw27

Veteran
CAN WE GET BACK TO WHAT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD IS CALLED? Take your fucking politics elsewhere? Tired of this, little johnny comes into this thread, cries, bitches, cries some more. It doesn't end. So can we end it please? More PRICES AND MARKET INFO. Most fucking threads have these political spurs. Cant this just be about what its suppose to be? :biggrin:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are so many different things Cannabis could replace. The Gov and Big Pharma knows this. The Money everyone would lose would be big bucks. Just think if cannabis took all the high profit drugs off the market. We all know cannabis is better in every way compared to big Pharmas drugs. I know Big Pharma is working with cannabis until they can make the same profit as they do with there other poisons they will keep cannabis Illegal. The 1%er run this country. Its very frustrating that the gov has to give permission for you to ingest any medication. All the people that are Addicted to there poisons. What kind of world would we have with out addicted people. How much money would they lose if nobody was addicted anymore. ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE.....

I think this is a great discussion and nobody has there dick swinging. If you can be an adult about it and keep the discusion to canabis and how the prices are being impacted.I have no issue with it..

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's an understatement. I've spent over 20 years in mainstream business and have run across very few competent people in the canna world. Unfortunately for many if/when canna becomes legalized/decriminalized most will end up working 'regular' day jobs. At the least what will happen in the long run is decreasing prices. Make hay while you can and prepare to get involved in something in another area in the not too distant future. I have an idea or two for canna related products that will work only when I can grow acres of it.

I'm still seeing good deals. Not haggling and just paying asking prices. Now I'm seeing people wanting to dump stuff to get their 2012 garden going.

Amen my background in in financial services, hedge funds, I even worked for a private equity firm in San Francisco. I guess we have 5-10 more years before it get's "commoditized" to McD-pot or worse.

dddaver

Veteran
I think in order for CO or WA to pass legalization this year they need to address/acknowledge the elephant in the room. You know there's going to be "entrepreneurs" driving in from other states, buying shitloads, filling their trunks, going back where they came from and selling at inflated prices. HUGE tax free profit. The feds won't stand for that. They'll come down hard. Whereas the tax benefits to those legal states will be great. But I propose sales of cannabis to instate residents only and limits that anyone person can buy, like get a ticket punched when you buy or something.

I myself will ALWAYS grow my own. I'd love to grow outdoors without being paranoid all the time and being a freaking gorilla. But I always will want to know what I'm getting, and that's the only real way to do it. I do think the future holds a big benefit for people who get into growing technology for cannabis, indoor and out. Smart folks are planning for that now. :tumbleweed:

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Whoever neg repped me, sells elbows for 1800 and is pissed

Wholesale pot prices in CA is what this threads about right?
Aren't there other threads that talk about legal bullshit, why thread shit in this thread?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It more then likely has had a impact on every community. Its crazy right now and I dont see it getting any better..

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dddaver said... "I do think the future holds a big benefit for people who get into growing technology for cannabis, indoor and out. Smart folks are planning for that now."

I could not agree more! The smart folks around my neck of the woods opened hydro stores or started soil mix company's ... we must have 10-12 hydro stores and 6 soil mix company's and business is brisk at all of them.

As the prices plummet people need to produce more so they buy more lights,soil,ferts etc.

Last edited:

vwgtiron

Bamboo is quickly filling the niche that Hemp should have, here in the U.S. and it grows faster. This sucks for hemp, but is good for bamboo.

vwgtiron

Aren't there other threads that talk about legal bullshit, why thread shit in this thread?

I got you TripleDraw, hopefully a little positive to offset the negative

nomaad

Veteran
bamboo ftw. i have had ongoing love affairs with two plants throughout my adult life. cannabis and bamboo.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

I didn't neg you, but I will say that Legalities have more to do with prices than most anything else--:tiphat:

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran

TripleDawg..don't let that haters get you down. Some peeps just cannot deal with truth.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didn't neg you, but I will say that Legalities have more to do with prices than most anything else--:tiphat:

WHAT?? Did you ever take a basis Economics class?

It is "supply and demand" that dictate prices, dyammn dude??? Legalities due come into play i.e. (prices in states where MJ is still completely outlawed, low supply ...due to local laws = HIGH prices)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
CAN WE GET BACK TO WHAT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD IS CALLED?More PRICES AND MARKET INFO. :

okay okay lol.....i saw some nice indoor LA kush quality 9/10 going for 2800 a LB.. girl scout cookie quality 7/10 going for 3200, another batch 9/10 going for 3600, warehouse grapes nice candy smell 7/10 quality going for 2300 by the 10pack, warehouse kush looked 9/10 but smelled 6/10 going for 2300....nice outdoor sour D for 1800...outdoor headband 1800...outdoor Dreamqueen 1600...mid grade no name outdoor with bland smell and dark green brown color 1000...all of this in san francisco, CA.

i dont buy or sell weed i just saw these prices at a friends house of what he was sitting on...so im assuming the prices he told me were 100-200 more than what he paid because hes just a middleman and doesnt grow himself...