What's new

Who Dat's 1k Round 2 - Fall/Winter 2011

Mrpiston38

wowza who, those ladies are looking good. ive heard that headband can be a fickel bitch sometimes. I hope my strwbry cough looks like urs, did it keep a tight spacing through veg? I know my seedling isnt that old like 1.5 weeks ish and is supper tight noded and already smells and has 4th/5th sets of true leavs already :p mine seems more Indica and urs seems more sativa'ish. anywho sry to ramble, again homie ur tent looks AWSOME and as always stay safe and green

Mr.P

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Silver - I'll be sure to do that.

Mr.Piston - I grew my SC from clone so I couldn't tell you how it acted during the seedling stage. I'm happy with the spacing though. For being a 80/20 sat/ind hybrid I feel like spacing is pretty good. It is the tallest girl in the stable after the lights were flipped. As far as veg everything was easy enough to deal with. I never felt overwhelmed with too much crazy vertical growth from any strains. The herijuana and Headband were the tallest ones but I just kept bending and FIMing. Decided to take some pictures since you were asking about the SC.

The gang

picture.php

picture.php

I like having an almost scrog like canopy but still being able to pull them of the tent.

Most developed bud sites - Bubblegum

picture.php

And here is a closer shot of the Strawberry Cough for you Mr. Piston

picture.php

I was planning on trimming the scruff around sunday or so depending on when I get around to it. Thanks for checking in ya'll. :tiphat:

benjuanman

Veteran
who dat is, u got a nice clean grow setup bro. Hope u don't mind but I think I'll kick back and enjoy the show. Peace

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
enjoyed in this evergreen grow buddy, everythings look'n ya right, gonna be super healthy fat bloom!!!
keep it green keep it up.d.a.t.e.s.!!!!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Thanks for the props everybody. :tiphat:

is it dtuch passion strawberry or kyle kushman strawberry

No clue about that, bought as a clone with no explanation about the cut. I could probably find out if I wanted to but was never too worried about it.

Superstone

Nice strain selection,nice setup,nice well grown plants!Hope you don't mind if I pull up a rock and watch them finish.Never too late for props!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Wanted to update as I'm just ending the second week of flowering and ended up defoliating as per silver hawaiin's descpriptions, (thanks again). Haven't hit any speed bumps yet and the girls are chugging right along. A picture is worth 1000 words.

Canopy Top Pre Trim
picture.php

2 Canopy Side Pre Trim
picture.php

3 Canopy Underneath Pre Trim
picture.php

4 HJ Pre
picture.php

5 HJ post
picture.php

6 SC Pre
picture.php

7 SC Post
picture.php

8 BK Pre
picture.php

9 BK Post
picture.php

10 BG Pre
picture.php

11 BG Post
picture.php

12 PV Pre
picture.php

13 PV Post
picture.php

14 HB Pre
picture.php

15 HB Post
picture.php

16 Canopy Post Trim
picture.php

17 Canopy Side Post Trim
picture.php

That's it for now, quite the picture overload so sorry if you have a slower connection. If you have any questions or comments then I'd love to hear 'em. :tiphat:

Mrpiston38

looking good man. i did a heaver devailage cause im running cfl's but ur ladies are loving that light. looking very nice, i am 6 days behind u on flower time, how long are they supposed to be flowered out for? again very nice crop u got going there

Mr.P

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
HJ is 55 ish days, and the rest are in the 56-63 range, I think Headband is the longest at 63-70 day range. Whenever I see the ranges for plants I automatically assume that the plants will take at least the full amount of days in the spectrum. This run though I'm going to try and look at the girls as a whole instead of just relying on trichome color for harvest date. I'm really wanting bud with all the smelly swollen calyxes instead of, "Oh it's 50% amber must be chop chop time." Really going to try my patience but it will pay out. Thanks for stopping in. :yes:

NFD

Nice update! I agree that often times you can gain a lot in quality by letting them go a bit longer.

excalibud7

good job you take care of the plants they will reward you well..1 note tho that i can give you is that you can take more of the upper fan leaves off to really get good penatration and let them go longer to get the couch like affect..the plants will love a good haircut you know ladies like to get the hair done

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
good job you take care of the plants they will reward you well..1 note tho that i can give you is that you can take more of the upper fan leaves off to really get good penatration and let them go longer to get the couch like affect..the plants will love a good haircut you know ladies like to get the hair done

Thanks for the tip but that is essentially what I did with this previous haircut. It's hard to tell the amount I trimmed off between some of the before and after pictures but the easiest to tell by far is the before and afters of the Headband. I trimmed them all up the same but because of the way HB grows it was just easier to tell the amount done. On a side note HB grows in a pretty odd manner, lanky with pretty long internodal distance, definitely different from everything I've ever tried growing (which isn't too much). If you look carefully, you can see that all my plants bud sites are now focused mainly on the top 1/3 of the plant. I merely left all the lower fan leaves on because I figured they were still doing something, the plant would suck nutrients from them when need be, the plants would also get rid of the lower fans if it wants or needs too, and I didn't want to contribute to any more stress to the plant than I was already doing. As far as removing top fan leaves, there isn't much underneath of them to expose light to and for the most part all the budsites are pretty much on the same level as the larger top fans. I know it was a long winded explanation but I just wanted to answer fully. Thanks for stopping in excalibud and NFD. Probably going to throw up some update pics sunday (end of week 3). :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts