What's new

Who Dat's 1k Round 2 - Fall/Winter 2011

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Nothing better than enormous donkey dicks.
:noway:

ahhahahah, i guess so?

Anyways, Pretty much did my last round of major training a couple of days ago. I'm calling it the comb over method because that's exactly what it is. I started out growing the plants around the perimeter of the pot but after awhile the main growth tip really slowed down and the other shoots began taking off as the new tops. I kept letting the original main growth shoot try to catch up but wasn't going to happen with any of the girls. What resulted was several main growth shoots along the perimeter. I thought the next step would be to just span across the pot to the other side with the 5 or so new main growth shoots across the soil where there wasn't anything going on. Hence, the comb over. Regardless here is what the girls look like for the last time under the CMH.

picture.php

Now they are under the 1000 HPS. It was the first time I turned it on and it lit up like the eyes of allah. Canopy height is about 26" from the light and temps are hovering around 80 degrees inside. Hopefully the girls will take to the light alright and not freak out too much. I also changed the timer so tomorrow will be the first day of 12/12! Thanks for checking in and if you have any input on what I have going on then I would love to hear it, especially about the distance between the canopy and the light switching from a 400 CMH to a 1000 HPS. Thanks. :dance013:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
awesome training!

Thanks man, the 1000 is crazy! They really crank out the heat! I don't know how people run these during the warmer months, hence the AC units and such I guess. Already all the newly trained shoots are pointing up towards the light again, especially the Strawberry Cough, I can tell it's probably going to need to get roped back down again here in the next couple of days. It's going to be interesting to see how the stretch affects 6 different strains.

T

Tarus Bulbar

Lookn forward to watchn these ladies
get huge!! Nice training bro

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
Right on Who dat, the set up looks great, nice and clean,
the FIM method seems too be working well, it looks like
your getting plenty of bud sites, and their get'n bushy too !

1K lights do put off some heat, but man do they grow bud,
totally worth the extra effort too get rid of the heat, what
type of a hood / fans do you run, I look through your thread
and didn't find anything, maybe I missed it ?

Either way your garden looks very promising, I believe I'll tag
along... if you don't mind, peace Sprout. :smoker:

Sub'd :lurk:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I'm using a 6" vortex inline fan with a speed controller for the exhuast. Using a "duct booster" fan for the intake http://www.greners.com/i/fans-ventilation-filters/products/inline-fans-blowers/6-inch-fans/active-air-in-line-booster-fan-6.html I'm now running a 1k xtrasun light and hood. After tinkering with my ventilation situation I have the daytime temps around 73 with the nighttime temps around 55. Thanks for tagging along, I enjoy reading your threads too so don't forget to stick your head in here from time to time. :tiphat:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
man its lookin right on time in here! nice selection and canopy - kinda cold at night they cool with that ? lol

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I run my light at night during the coldest part of the day so I'm not fighting temps. Go with the flow, you know? I live in a very cold and dry area so if the lowest it goes is 50 then I'm doing good. They don't seem to mind at all and I guess they are used to it. They don't really know any better, haha. I figured if nothing else I would be seeing all kinds of crazy colors here in several weeks. Thanks for stopping in.

cool with that, shit I just now got that. harr harr harrrrr :yes:

Last edited:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
oh man I've been so busy I haven't had the time to do a couple of projects I need to finish before I can start another round. I want to get a 6" vortex and design a filter to fit inside my cab in the small space between the cool tube and the ceiling. it's gonna take some engineering lol.

I did find a really awesome 8 mile high keeper that im currently revegging. she smells so good I think she's putting out pheromones! also damn fast. can't wait to taste it (currently drying)

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Got any pictures heady, growing and drying?

I remember reading some other threads on here, pretty sure it was brother bears, where he was posting some other cool pictures. I thought it would be nice to throw some other stuff in here besides just weed to keep it interesting. First day of the season today so that was a highlight. Tomorrow I'm trying to ride again and then maybe hit up the bike park later on in the day. Took a couple of quick pictures.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The girls are looking good. The only one I'm concerned about would be the headband. It seems to droop earlier than the rest of the girls so I don't know if it's using water more than they are or what. I have to admit that it is a pretty odd looking plant in general. Fan leaves are mainly 3 leaves and occasionally 5 but no more than 5 anywhere. It doesn't have mainly the amount of foliage going on that the other plants do but I guess that's just it's nature. I'm thinking that this plant would be an ideal candidate for a Scrog set up because there isn't any fluff with this plant, just nodes and budsites. Anyways here are the girls under the 1k on day 5 of flowering. Guess which one is Headband, you only get one try, pretty obvious too.

picture.php

picture.php

Ya'll have a good weekend! Get outside and get some! :yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Great work!

Thanks man.

I was expecting a little bit more stretch than I've seen yet but I know I might just be being impatient right now. I don't know if it's me roping them down sufficiently or the 1k that they now have but I was expecting to have to break out the binder clips again in flower. It is also only the first week of flower so these broads might have some surprises up their sleeves.

stickinwoods

Liking what I see! I'm starting my second grow(first inside) with a tent similar to yours but with LED's and T-5's. One question though if you don't mind me asking; could you point me in the direction where you bought your tent and lights?
Thanks man

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I bought my tent from these guys, http://www.greners.com/. As far as the lights go I bought them off of friends and craigslist. I don't know what state you're located in but in colorado craigslist always has some growing gear on there for pretty good deals. Greners does have everything though, check it out.

Since I posted in here I might as well mention that the girls are doing great and are chugging right along. I watered them this morning as some were just barely starting to droop. Buds are starting to form all over the place which is really exciting. I'm waiting till this weekend around the 2 week mark to start really hitting the lower larfy stuff. *Thanks for the description Silver Hawaiian*

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts