What's new

whats yer top of the top holy grail strain??

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At the moment and judging by appearence and smell bout 1 week till i smoke it is my CHEMDD by rez it is the best looking and smelling plant i have EVER seen nothing comes close yet..maybe my jack herer but after 10 years of smoking it everyday its gets boring so soon to be my chemdd will be the top of my holy grail hopefully it reveg's so i can take some cuttings cause i didnt take any b4 i turned it..
Am also going to cross it with my sensi star male to make CHEMSTAR!!!

yeh man ,,,that ChemDD is defo nextgen ,,,,,Diesel was newage the first time i saw it...Chem sounds like the shizz too

B

B. Self Reliant

LA Confidential or the indica pheno of NYCD. Not really similar at all, but they're my favorite strains!

whodair

Veteran
agree w benji

agree w benji

haven't smoked chemdd, but will be in a few weeks. the pack i got was the last one avail at seedboo and i felt it might be special. now i watch it in amazement and disbelief, the swelling in the calyx looks like a steroid plant. it is not sweet smelling at all, another rarity these days. i took a pic w my phone, then deleted it cuz it didnt represent well.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Great thread...! Active, too...!

Cool about the Chem DD....

In my estimation, hOLY gRAIL = great, gourmet smoke, easy to grow, good yield. All parts of the combination are important.

If all the combinations were not important, I would pick my Chemdog original cut.

It is hard to grow, however. Spindly beyond belief, stretches 3X plus, hates to clone, and is VERY prone to PM.... In other words, one has to be impeccable. And it is still a battle. Other than that, it is a breeze.. lol....

The cut won two local "Cannabis Cups," two years in a row. The hasj from it ought to be illegal. And The Pure Kush clone is the same exact cut, or awful dang close, IMHO...

But - nothing is more challenging to grow...! And the yield sux, for the most part, so I cannot call it a Holy Grail selection, by any measuring stick..

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
See, I knew my list would change! Here is my current list, pulled together after doing some study on a few strains I have been interested in:

BOG's Lifesaver
DJ's Blueberry
Chimera's Sweetest Sativa
Mandala's Kalichakra

If I were to order them, Chimera's Sweetest Sativa would be at the top of that list.

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
Great thread...! Active, too...!

Cool about the Chem DD....

In my estimation, hOLY gRAIL = great, gourmet smoke, easy to grow, good yield. All parts of the combination are important.

If all the combinations were not important, I would pick my Chemdog original cut.

It is hard to grow, however. Spindly beyond belief, stretches 3X plus, hates to clone, and is VERY prone to PM.... In other words, one has to be impeccable. And it is still a battle. Other than that, it is a breeze.. lol....

The cut won two local "Cannabis Cups," two years in a row. The hasj from it ought to be illegal. And The Pure Kush clone is the same exact cut, or awful dang close, IMHO...

But - nothing is more challenging to grow...! And the yield sux, for the most part, so I cannot call it a Holy Grail selection, by any measuring stick..

Doesnt sound like chem D clone to me. Its not spindly nor hard to grow.

:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats

Yup, that doesn't sound like no Chem D to me, maybe 91 but don't quote me on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I have found a Grail, i am not sure about HOLY, maybe Holy shit:D:biglaugh:

But for me the BarryWhite is some shit to remember!!!!!!!

BarryWhite (Blueberry Sat x White Widow), From a long long time ago, prob. Early 90's, i'm not sure, but I know it's not a recent cross for sure, because this shit is really blue smelling and just funky as heaven.....

:2cents:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I have a federation Romulan that is/was my best taste/high. I put it into my breeding project hoping to expand on its strength.

I am still searching for that end all strain but I think there never will be one BUT the fun is in the finding. Even if I ended up with 5 holy grail strains I would odds are continue looking for others just because that is the fun part.

What I want to see is some of these top tier holy grail strains crossed with each other to see what comes of it.

whodair

Veteran
medmaker420

medmaker420

we think alike. my moms are in the holy grail category, so im collecting g13xhaze pollen to start crossing them and seeing what the results are. no matter what i have, i think ill always be looking for different/better.

stasis

Veteran
My Chemdog is not the Chem D clone, that is correct, it is the originial Chemdog Cut, from the early days back East.... As far as I know, There was no Chem D before Rez made it. I could be wrong, of course.

The challenges of growing it (Original Chemdog) are the reasons that it was so expensive years back as OG Kush, before the name got diluted, as well as the strain. It made sense, even though everyone was crybabies about it. Now, few have it, because it is more economical to grow almost anything else. I grow it for headies only, but am tempted to grow a whole room of it, as the new Ebb n Grow system is putting out PERFECT, healthy buds, which I have not seen in years with the Chemdog.

The Pure Kush Clone is the same, IMHO. I have both, and they are identical in all ways.

SSH if you don't have time to dick around with selection. Pretty much all of the plants are killer.

Og kush, bubba kush and (real) g13/Hz hybrids give up some freaky good plants.

Hawaii and Jamaica are known for mind crushing strains.

Old bikers smile when you talk about Colombian or Northern Lights...

CAN'T recommend Kalichakra, KJ :( 2 for 3 females shot nanners, nothing special in the smoke dept.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That one bag of brickweed from ten or 11 years back. Most stoned and best quality of the high I ever had. Can't say much about the taste though.

J

JeffSpicoli

picture.php

I'll take the pepsi challenge with this plant vs anyone's anything anywhere... not ready to make this years IC 420 cup but Greyskull is ramping up for 2010's.

Ill have to 2nd Greyskulls nomination. His Sour D x Sour Bubble is just as good as the best OGK/Chems ive smoked. And it was cut early imo.
I cant imagine how KILL it would be at 9-10 weeks

stasis

Veteran
Sour D and Sour Bubble sounds Killah - Dillah...!

I blew it, having had a pack of BOG SB years ago, but let it go....

You guys are awesome....!

Thanks for the Grail Info......!!!!!

Pics of the Chemdog/Kush - Cheese - Blue Dream - Grape Rom at 52 days 12/12 to come tomorrow...!

Blue Dream would be my Choice, except it makes me nervous sometimes...>!! The Cheese is almost finished, way before anyone else, but smaller, but the smell is Raspberry Limburger all the way.... The Grape Rom cut is Calyx - Power Personified, but no biggie on the buzz - kinda boring....

LUI 1, 2, and 3 phenos yielded like MAD, but no biggie on flavour.

I love Master Kush and all the realtions, but again, no yield.

So, Grails...???? Sheesh - that is why they are called HOLY......

Keep 'em coming...!

Latest posts

Latest posts