What's new

What's the big deal with Kush?

L

Lloyd_Christmas

I don't know about you fellas, but I'm going to trash my whole garden and start growing just landraces. :scripture:

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I think that Cali hype comes from being able to get bud straight off a grower, while being a non-grower. Compare the chances of Cali to say Kentucky. There is probably some prime bud out in Kentucky but you have to find and search for it. If your famous and go into Kentucky, it still may not be that easy. Flip it around and go over to Cali. You'll have a larger group of growers and a higher chance of finding someone who can get bud direct from a grower.

IMO the less a bud is handled the less chance you have of destroying the positive attributes to different strains. Getting straight from a grower cuts out how many middle men? Sorry if this seems off topic. What i'm getting at is people from other places aren't used to getting bud being handled so little. Making people who are used to smoke expensive bud but bad quality, feel brand new. I know thats what made the difference for me

Kush is nice and all but its not the end to all ends. Kush just smells disintictly different than other strains which is why i grow it. Aroma/taste is a big thing to me when it comes to bud. People talk about the potency but i've had better knockout indicas.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
I think that Cali hype comes from being able to get bud straight off a grower, while being a non-grower. Compare the chances of Cali to say Kentucky. There is probably some prime bud out in Kentucky but you have to find and search for it. If your famous and go into Kentucky, it still may not be that easy. Flip it around and go over to Cali. You'll have a larger group of growers and a higher chance of finding someone who can get bud direct from a grower.

I take it your not from kentucky. Good bud is easy to find and readily available.It may not come with a fancy name on it 60% of the time,but you can still find any purp, diesel, kush, but those tend to come with a first class plane ticket price.Here it may be illegal, but i know of a couple sources through people that do grow, its nothing but a thing. Instead of speculating come here and find the kill for yourself, i think you will be surprised how good it is and how easy it is to find.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I take it your not from kentucky. Good bud is easy to find and readily available.It may not come with a fancy name on it 60% of the time,but you can still find any purp, diesel, kush, but those tend to come with a first class plane ticket price.Here it may be illegal, but i know of a couple sources through people that do grow, its nothing but a thing. Instead of speculating come here and find the kill for yourself, i think you will be surprised how good it is and how easy it is to find.

now i dont know about that statement... maybe things have changed in the 10 years since i left.

i spent almost a year in kentucky at one of the major universities with a d1 football team. i smoked a lot of pot while i was there. one of the quarterbacks' dad's was a tobacco farmer and said to have grown the best pot in the state... and it ummm... ummm.... it sucked quite horribly. almost all the pot i had there was not very gpod when compared to what i was used to in socal before i got to ky. the best pot i had that i confirmed to be grown in KY was some hydro grown by a professor at UK. that pot was better than everything else i got from folks in louisville, berea, pikesville, nicholasville, owensboro, the buds being sold in the infield during the derby, and even the buds a few of the higher end folks in lexington had.... but that ky/uk grown pot was not up to snuff when compared to the 1/2 of dank i was able to buy from someone who had just gotten back form portland, or....

just my experience with pot in kentucky fwiw....

and still no answer on why its so bad to be a polyhybrid...

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
now i dont know about that statement... maybe things have changed in the 10 years since i left.

The whole world of cannabis has changed in 10 years.

In the US, everybody now has access to good genetics with a simple trip west. Even a few years ago, if I wanted to get some "killer' seeds in the middle of the country I'd have to dream up a trip to amsterdam. Now I can drive or fly or bus or hitchhike to LA in a few days and have access to the multitude.

10 years ago, it was hard to find anything but stems-n-seeds mid-grade or lower.

Now, the goody-good is right around every corner. Amazingly, there are still some people smoking stems-n-seeds but I spent the last 6 or more years with multiple sources for things like Sour Diesel, GDP, various Kush, etc.

Now, I still run into the people who smoke the stems-n-seeds varieties and when the occasional dry spell hits, I have asked them to hook me up. They'd rave about how great the herb so-and-so was getting, and I'd be able to see without opening the bag that it wasn't anything I'd consider "good."

My point is - maybe the guy's dad was the best grower in the state that those guys were aware of.

Btw - last time I was in louisville (few months back) I ran into a grower and we traded nugs. I wasn't blown away by it (i.e. not the greatest bud I ever smoked) but I wouldn't knock it either.

Times they are a-changing.

(Plus... you guys don't really think all that herb growing in Cali is staying in Cali, do you?)

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i know a lot can change in 10 years...

911 emergency service was just being implemented in some ky counties (not remembering which lol but it was headline news...) when i was there... im pretty sure they are using traffic cams now in some cities hahaha so im sure on a cannabis genetics standpoint they probably are getting some higher quality genes to work with now. i hope so!!!! but everything i was getting at the time i was there (whether it was from a booster or a dealer or a friend), they all said "this is good pot indiciative of the quality found in ky".

but like i said I havent been there for 10 years, and a lot can change.

that said i would love to try some authentic killer buds from the bluegrass state because i keep hearing how great the pot it there and i thought it sucked - id love for ky to be redeemed. im still waiting for that killer to find its way to socal

i know a lot of the pot grown in ca is moved out of state... expecially alot of the huge operations since there are all about maximizing returns and the returns for high quality indoor buds in non medical states is huge. shit, ive done my share of shuttling recently lol

ufullachit

Hello all, I can say that the Kush I know from My beloved State of California, Is Soo Dank, I am still puffing it, and enjoying it...

What up Grey Skull, it's bandit, Give the folks out there a BIG HELLO for me please!

Haven't been doing my thing for a minute but, still in love with the plant....

I can add that if you haven't tried the California Kush, (poly)hybrid or not, the finished product is what matters. And if you have tried it and you didn't like it, than switch Growers (provider), or it just wasn't the real deal!!!!!!

I LOVE IT! Ohhhh did I say that already.... LOL

The Phoenix

Risen From The Ashes
Veteran
I live in Cali, work at a collective, and have a med card for access to the cannabis clubs. While it is nice to have access to the best that Cali has to offer, I can go on Seedbay/Seedboo and find stuff that is as good as the Cali Kushes.

It's expensive to maintain your eligibility and hold your med card, and the club prices are not cheap. On the street market, most people dont really know what good weed actually is here. There are people that make a living off of selling weed that have never seen quality bud here.

Kush is nothing special IMO. It tastes good and has a good high, but I am satisfied with much of the stuff available right on the internet. While many of the kushes are nice, dont buy into the hype that they are the best on the planet, or that these are must have items that are to be worshiped. It's just another good weed, and the effects are not much different than can be found with an online order of the right seeds and some good selection.

ufullachit

I live in Cali, work at a collective, and have a med card for access to the cannabis clubs. While it is nice to have access to the best that Cali has to offer, I can go on Seedbay/Seedboo and find stuff that is as good as the Cali Kushes.

It's expensive to maintain your eligibility and hold your med card, and the club prices are not cheap. On the street market, most people dont really know what good weed actually is here. There are people that make a living off of selling weed that have never seen quality bud.

Kush is nothing special IMO. It tastes good and has a good high, but I am satisfied with much of the stuff available right on the internet. While many of the kushes are nice, dont buy into the hype that they are the best on the planet, or that these are must have items that are to be worshiped. It's just another good weed, and the effects are not much different than can be found with an online order of the right seeds and some good selection.

I don't think anybody has said it's the best on the planet:tiphat:, but you can't and shouldn't ignore it's taste and quality high.

There really is NO BEST, it's up to preference isn't it?

I feel though that there is no need to go looking for stuff on the internet if you are in an area that has an abundance of good genetics like california..
BUT if you don't have good access than your best bet obviously is that of a reputable seed vendor... and be careful with folks that are selling cut's on line and saying it's the real deal, without some kind of proof you might be getting some regular cut and expecting a SourD cut or something of that nature, (GDP) or Urkle...

Just never know!Peace

usda101

I blame the recent kush phenomenon on the hip hop/rap community. Right now kush is the cool thing to smoke. As result Kush has become marketable within the citys we live. Alot of people in society listen to radio and tv. Although these medias both share content restrictions within the public audience. Lyrics and or videos that contain reference to smoking or even drinking are often not edited out or censored. It is this factor that media i belive plays a key roll in why kush is so popular at this time. Before everyone was buzzing about kush it was cronic. Before it was patron it was the crystal and so the trend continues. I in no means mean this to come across as negative. Just a insight on my personal opinion. Underjoyed
Your right on target i see it every day in the area i live . Music an Entertainment influence's the uneducated tremendously,AN if it's not Kush it's Dro ,having no idea wat dro is.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am in cali and have sampled the 'kush', og, platinum, hindu etc. Quality herb everytime. Awesome beyond all? No.
With inbreeding they have fruit flavors, pretty nugs, and deep highs. Mostly it is marketing for indica leaning strains. Somewhat annoying, but to be expected in a market situation.
I am done with the dispensaries btw, and growing real Paki and Afghan kush without the breeding stuff from the states. Landraces or not far from them for me. I find the mental aspects of the high are better with some landraces, or maybe I am tripping?

ufullachit

:laughing:
You are trippin'! Fruity FLavors?????? WTF, ??? I don't know of any OG's in Cali that are Fruity, maybe the SFV but not even close!

IMO, they are all in the sour funky lemony spectrum of flavors..

You don't have to go to a dispensary to get good dank anyways...

I rarely find really funky herb in dispensaries anyways, seems as if they only put out the mediocre flowers and keep all the tops in the family.. But i have not much experience in the Dispensaries anyways , my flowers come from my garden or from close friends 90% of the time.... CLubs do suck! Only about 3 clubs I have been in that I can say I would like to visit again!

USDA101-- Solid comment brother! I noticed that too:tiphat: it's like they just talk to talk! Those particular rapper's probably don't even smoke herb LOL.. Let alone even know what real herb is! haha..
Put a pair of ugly sunglasses on a rapper and now everyone wants to wear the sunglasses. Flat bill a hat and now everyone has flat billed hat's, not trying to make fun of anyone that wears their hat's like the rappers do, if it feels right, and you like it DO IT! But it seems that what the rappers do first eventually everyone follows...

Do you remember all the M&M's(slim shady's) with blond hair, white T-Shirt, and blue jeans a while back? LOL

Remember all Fred Dirst's too, Red hat, funny striped goat-t's, with white t-shirts.... hahahahaaaaa...

As if nobody can tell who they are trying to look like, what an identity problem we have!

anyways LOL (I went off, Rant) the truth is spoken BUT, good OG Kush is always enjoyable, nobody I have heard say that it's the best in the world though! It's just another well liked cut that is going around....

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Bandit - What up man!!!??? Long time no hear from! Hope all is well with you. Shoot your boi a pm when youget a chance. Again man glad to see your doin good out there in the world. One love friend!

ufullachit

What up Rainman?? Yes doing good bro. I sure will hit ya when the system allows me... I dig this place I just couldn't stay away too long...Glad to hear from you, thanks for the welcome words! Peace bruddah..

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Bandito - Just soo glad to have you kind soul back among us heathens!! Hope all is well and you are in good spirits my friend.

A

Aerokush101

Damn, so much ignorance in one thread.... DAMN!

CHILLOUT Rainman, we are on the same team, just a different approach...

JOJO420

Veteran
My 2 cents worth,

My 2 cents worth,

I feel that a lot of the comments about Cali Kushes I read are coming from people outside of California. I live here, have for 2 decades. I also live in Hawaii.I have traveled to 47 states and Mexico. The Kush plants here in Cali are phenomenal. If you have them, smoke/smoked them, then you know why the hype. Cause its the chronic. Why the haters????

Now, for the people that think and hate on the rumors that just cause someone says Kush = mo' money are, in my opinion, dealing with the Ganja game. Happens all the time in other business, why the haters???

For all those that want to argue semantics, WHY???? If its a good Kush, let it be called it's name. It is a trademark now, like White widow or skunk or nl. Has been for centuries, why the Haters????
I know why, cause everyone wants the new best thing. And the clout behind it If you hate on Kush your new "Wazzle Dazzle" weed might have the chance to be" IT". Happens all the time,lol. fuck da haters. Be original, do what ya like.:dance013:
About my 2 cents, I'm not sure of todays trade value?? Yesterday it was near worthless,lol :wave:

I~keep~them~all~stupid~so~we~have~RUFF~RUFF~RUFF!

likes~fire~Davis~ships~whooops~did~I~see~these~questio~like~all~so~stupid!

Makes~mistakes~so~we~have~ruff~ruff~ruff.~made~alot~of~so~we~just~starve.

teaches~what~food~is~this~leaf~hardly~works.~~Hard~to~hate~Rusty's~dad~comes~over~to~much.

Mostly~told~me~to~go~piss~looks~like~a~good~myself.

Misses~the~houses~all~the~time~I`see~Amish~hardly~get~that~today~OT~DAY!

Serious~dick~that~moved~right~right~to~the~jarhead.~it's~a~good~paga~fire!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I~keep~them~all~stupid~so~we~have~RUFF~RUFF~RUFF!

likes~fire~Davis~ships~whooops~did~I~see~these~questio~like~all~so~stupid!

Makes~mistakes~so~we~have~ruff~ruff~ruff.~made~alot~of~so~we~just~starve.

teaches~what~food~is~this~leaf~hardly~works.~~Hard~to~hate~Rusty's~dad~comes~over~to~much.

Mostly~told~me~to~go~piss~looks~like~a~good~myself.

Misses~the~houses~all~the~time~I`see~Amish~hardly~get~that~today~OT~DAY!

Serious~dick~that~moved~right~right~to~the~jarhead.~it's~a~good~paga~fire!

I want some of what YOU are smoking.