What's new

What's the big deal with Kush?

thal

I currently have banana kush and glass slippers(og banana kush x c99). I've read on here that the banana kush will yield huge. I'm not sure about glass slippers but I like the genetics.

I've never had any kush that I know of so I am looking forward to it. Only 11 more weeks...

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i like kush crosses. especially ones with a good balance of body and head. retardo motobons bubba kush x grape krush would be one of those crosses. it will stay in my garden!

picture.php

picture.php

T

Teeg420

yea its all about the Fire! Smoke some of that and you'll be hooked.

M

medfinder

kush?

kush?

Yup...many ,many polyhybrids..

I saw some plants from the afganistan hindu kush mountain range.. called the baba mountains..thick wide long blades..skunk smell short squat indica.

now seems like everything has kush in it , mabie hype.

S

schwagg

might get fired on for saying but fuck og kush. too much hype.. get an old school af kush
can't go wrong to see where the grandparents came from.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
does everybody who hates og kush never smoke it? lol

and who cares what the genetic make up of the clone is - IT IS WHAT IT IS
i dont keep a plant to grow or smoke because of its parentage... thats about as retarded as boycotting a plant becasue a lot of people like it (ala hype) lol

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The high is unique on each of the hyped kush strains...For instance the Og really leaves alot of my first time user friends saying "Damn i am &*6ed up" .It really spins you out out in the head ,and has a interesting taste..Whereas the Bubba has just a bunch of around unique qualities from the taste to the color ,to the great relaxing buzz...which can be insane/super heavy if left to go 80-90 days...Like Yes4prop215 said..Once you try you try them, you'll understand why all the talk....Don't know much about the "real" kush strains yet......

underjoyed

I blame the recent kush phenomenon on the hip hop/rap community. Right now kush is the cool thing to smoke. As result Kush has become marketable within the citys we live. Alot of people in society listen to radio and tv. Although these medias both share content restrictions within the public audience. Lyrics and or videos that contain reference to smoking or even drinking are often not edited out or censored. It is this factor that media i belive plays a key roll in why kush is so popular at this time. Before everyone was buzzing about kush it was cronic. Before it was patron it was the crystal and so the trend continues. I in no means mean this to come across as negative. Just a insight on my personal opinion. Underjoyed

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kush is a type of cannabis that comes from the Hindu Kush

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_Kush

There is variety between the short compact fast flowering Kush varieties found in the NW of the range (Uzbek) and the taller long leaf longer flowering Kush varieties found in the SE of the range (Chitral).

Unfortunately the word 'Kush' has been bastardized by dealers in recent years. The best example of this is 'OG Kush',, which does not contained any Kush genetics :no:

Hope this helps

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The best example of this is 'OG Kush',, which does not contained any Kush genetics

we know that, but we dont really know that at the same time
maybe it does have some kinda kush line, but the selected pheno doesnt show. we really dont know. it is what it is though....

im not a breeder or nothing though - is there some kind of way to absolutely positively without doubt exclude a kush region plant from being a possible parent?

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
The are a lot of people out there who think kush strains were the best, Ive never grown kush before why is it so sort after?

yo tastt frost? you want to see what up with kush check my Med Mans purple kush post , super sick, good yeilder, great taste smell , its a AAAA, medicinal strain.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we know that, but we dont really know that at the same time

maybe it does have some kinda kush line, but the selected pheno doesnt show. we really dont know. it is what it is though....

im not a breeder or nothing though - is there some kind of way to absolutely positively without doubt exclude a kush region plant from being a possible parent?

yo Greyskull :wave:

We have been working with a few "Kush" named strains lately,, clones and seeds,, we crossed a few to make a few new "kush lines" :canabis: Some of the parent plants were clearly 'Kush' type plants,, (i.e. Purple Kush),, while others just carry the name (i.e Orange Kush). So as a play on words (in anagram) we decided to called Kentish Creme x Orange Kush , Green Knot Kush,, mainly because the line doesn't contain any Kush... and KC grows in knots.. lol :dance:

We have never grown the original OG Kush or Abusive clones,,, (we smoked them),, and most ganja heads that keep these quality cuts agree,, they are not 'Kush' plants... but do still produce some of the best tasting pot available,, all praise n love to them :canabis:

The following are Kush lines (crossed with Skunk #1) originally from the Hindu Kush region...

Afghan Hindu Kush

7253AHK31.JPG

Chitral

7253chitral_x_skunk_ml1.JPG

Master Kush

7253masterkush.JPG

Hope this helps sort the Kush from the 'Kush'

Peace n flowers all

n.b. Saxon Axe holds more 'Kush' traits than OG Kush IMO,, and that's just a cross between Northern Lights x Sensi Star.

7253nlxss47.JPG

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Citral (x Skunk) [Nirvana BV]..

..it's NOT a typical Kush but still comes from the Hindu Kush region. peace :joint:

T

Tr33

people just love that sulfur skunk taste of OG, plus it's downright smack you in the face stone. gotta love em

L

Lloyd_Christmas

Unfortunately the word 'Kush' has been bastardized by dealers in recent years. The best example of this is 'OG Kush',, which does not contained any Kush genetics :no:

I think you are being a bit too certain in what you are saying. It contains chem genetics, and on these boards I've heard more than a few people say that they think the chem stink comes from old ghani/kush lines... but the point is we don't know.

What I can say for sure that I'd rather smoke a fatty of 'cali kush' over anything you can get from a dutch seedbank that more resembles the real thing. I don't really understand how you can thumbs-down the stuff to be honest...

It's like hating on a dog breed because it has "shepherd" in the name, but was never really a herding dog. People who know better know the difference, and to people who don't it's just a name. No big deal.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
People who know better know the difference, and to people who don't it's just a name. No big deal.

True says,, but it can be annoying for growers and smokers that want to experience a variety with Kush heritage from the Hindu Kush region ,, when there's confusion over names. Especially for new growers. It would have been far better had they given it an 'original' name,, rather than marketing an old name and confusing everyone :canabis:

Hindu Kush from Afghanistan was grown by Sam years ago in Cali. wasnt it??

We're not saying any-one Kush is better than the other btw :D

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
ah kush the only thing i'm really missing in my stable besides some super funky skunk. i'de love to get some fire og and some pre 98 bubba. my mouth waters just thinking of the pre 98's coffee dank deliciousness

Latest posts

Latest posts