What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's going wrong? 4th run in a row is scr*wed :(

smirnoff420

Hmm, cannot find that here in gardening markets.

I can find lime that contains:
81 % CaCO3
10 % MgCO3

here.

Would that work instead of that Biobizz Calmag bottle plus epsom salt (what I'm now using)?

Three Berries

Hmm, cannot find that here in gardening markets.

I can find lime that contains:
81 % CaCO3
10 % MgCO3

here.

Would that work instead of that Biobizz Calmag bottle plus epsom salt (what I'm now using)?
Sounds like my well water....

It will raise the pH. I use K2CO3 for pH up, but did not have to use it with straight well water. Came out in the upper 6s. If used in excess the CO3 builds up in the soil and buffers it for a higher pH. Can be used to your advantage if you watch what you are doing, or overload the soil towards the end.

My current flower grow was raised on well water to try and use the natural Ca/Mg, I also added limestone to the soil initially. I still had to add a lot of my Ca booster and now in flower the soil pH was a bit high in the low 7s. Which is OK for two but not for one.

smirnoff420

It's Calciumsulfate-Dihydrate right? Maybe I can get it at the local drugstore (where I also got the magnesium sulfate heptahydrate aka epsom salt )

smirnoff420

Still haven't had time to go buy some gypsum. Is it correct that the idea behind gypsum is that it adds calcium without messing with ph like lime does? Have increased BB calmag dosage to 3ml/L now until I get gypsum.

These ones got 3ml of BB calmag plus 0.5g epsom salt per liter yesterday. The middle one only that because it looks overfed to me. The left/right ones got 3ml calmag 0.5g epsom and 2ml BB grow and 2ml BB bloom.

16801072563751.jpg 16801072564162.jpg 16801072790387.jpg 16801072790768.jpg 16801072791249.jpg

These ones are due for watering today, will give them the same as the other three.

16801072564523.jpg

16801072689124.jpg

16801072946592.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Those are still nice-looking nugs. Do you think the yellow leaves are caused by lacking calcium?

smirnoff420

I'm not sure but I think so. Plus that the lower leaves get a lot more light with the vertical stripes than before maybe? I'm afraid to give more nutes, as last time I've tried that the tips started getting burnt. It's a Sensi Seeds Silver haze which needs around 65 days, hope it'll make it.

Hopefully the other 7 ones will turn out better, there is also yellowing starting on the older and lower leaves but not as fast I think.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm not sure but I think so. Plus that the lower leaves get a lot more light with the vertical stripes than before maybe? I'm afraid to give more nutes, as last time I've tried that the tips started getting burnt. It's a Sensi Seeds Silver haze which needs around 65 days, hope it'll make it.

Hopefully the other 7 ones will turn out better, there is also yellowing starting on the older and lower leaves but not as fast I think.
How are you feeding?

smirnoff420

The 7 smaller ones around 1/2 to 3/4 Biobizz schedule so far. The last watering yesterday and today more than schedule (2ml/L BB Grow instead of 1ml/L).

The large one only around 1/4 of the schedule because I'm afraid I'll kill it otherwise.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The 7 smaller ones around 1/2 to 3/4 Biobizz schedule so far. The last watering yesterday and today more than schedule (2ml/L BB Grow instead of 1ml/L).

The large one only around 1/4 of the schedule because I'm afraid I'll kill it otherwise.
Are you feeding with every watering or every other watering?

smirnoff420

Every watering as the Biobizz schedule says and as I've always done (I.e before those issues started).

Only now and then when I had the feeling they were too dark green I skipped one watering.

Edit: Skipped nutes, not the water, just to be clear.