What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's going wrong? 4th run in a row is scr*wed :(

smirnoff420

Changed lights to 12/12 on 28th of November because they were getting larger and larger.

Atleast one turned out to be a male, not sure though if 'normal male' or because something went wrong with the STSing. Not sure who's father, it was similar to this :D
Screenshot_20221205-195932_Firefox.jpg

Cabinet 1:
20221205_194055.jpg

Cabinet 2:
20221205_195316.jpg

Also checked the potatoes thoroughly, but couldn't find anything there.

However, I've found a few of those orange little buggers:
20221205_193233.jpg

Crap. Now that've put them on 12/12 they show up :( What do, Neem Oil in early flower okay? Or gas them with CO2?

The male:
20221205_194111.jpg 20221205_194134.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The term is evapotranspiration and plays a very important role in nutrient uptake. One can have all the nutrients in the soil needed for plant growth but, if there is no air movement over the canopy the plants will shut down and stop uptaking nutrients. Calcium is one of the main transported nutrients that will show deficiency when transpiration slows due to non-air movement. Keep air movement in the garden a major priority for maximum nutrient uptake. 😎

revegeta666

Changed lights to 12/12 on 28th of November because they were getting larger and larger.

Atleast one turned out to be a male, not sure though if 'normal male' or because something went wrong with the STSing. Not sure who's father, it was similar to this :D
View attachment 18788797

Cabinet 1:
View attachment 18788800

Cabinet 2:
View attachment 18788801

Also checked the potatoes thoroughly, but couldn't find anything there.

However, I've found a few of those orange little buggers:
View attachment 18788803

Crap. Now that've put them on 12/12 they show up :( What do, Neem Oil in early flower okay? Or gas them with CO2?

The male:
View attachment 18788804 View attachment 18788805
Glad you found the cause of the root damage mate 👍

@Douglas.Curtis always on the case lol well done

revegeta666

Smirnoff420,

I have a question, an uncharacteristically non-weed related one.

- You're new to the forum.
- Have you ever worked for the DEA, Justice Department or other non-US security, intelligence or law enforcement entity?
- Have you ever been an informant?
- Are you 'on the job' now?

If so, I'd like to know. With this being a weed site, and the war on drugs not exactly having ended, and privacy being so important today, I'm sure you understand.

Cheers, and I'm looking forward to the answer.

If he was working with the DEA, and he answered yes to your questions, wouldn't that make him the most incompetent DEA agent ever? 🧐

Roadblock

I think this problem is moisture air related, it seems there is a fine line between a plant being fully turgid and its metabolism, if the plants root system is not breathing properly it will sit on its ass with lockout soon to follow, but its not just air its the balance of air and moisture together and it seems to very critical in some indoor grow rooms, when the plant is firing you can't overwater it, but you can over dry it and create damaged root tips which begin the process of going backwards until it recovers.

Ive seen so many plants behave like these and the moment they were taken outside they fired right up, you also see where a heavy pot indoors doesn't dry out for days and outside it drys out twice as fast, and this in growrooms with loads of air being pulled through them, I don't know what it is, whether its different osmotic pressure inside the pot or its something else but it is real that's for sure.

There is also an adaption phase like they get used to their environment and start to work, Ive seen it go both ways plants looking sick inside perk right up outside, and Ive seen plants from outside sit on their ass when brought inside, and in the same room Ive seen plants thrive and power on, I thinks its a fine balance and if its out they can go downhill and nutrient lockout is going to happen regardless of what's given to them, the issue is metabolism which is not working so the plant will not feed until it is.

smirnoff420

Hmm, I have had plants that I raised up indoor which began to show the dreaded issue (yellowing between leaf veins and purple stems) but recovered quickly when I put them outside.

So far I've attributed this to the soil being different outside, but who knows.

Anyway, this is what they looked like two days ago at flower day 14. I had to kill another hermie so there's six left now.
Gave them 1ml/L of Calmag and 0.1g/L of epsom salt (stopped spraying them with epsom because of flowering) the last two weeks.

Also gave them Bacillus thuringiensis (i.e. that anti-mosquito stuff) in hope that it will kill those bugs I've seen. Then sprayed them with 2% H2O2 solution also in hope it will kill the bugs. Not sure if it helps but atleast these two things won't leave any bad-tasting or harmful residue like Neem oil may do.

Havent really seen any bugs since a week, hope they're gone, but who knows, maybe they're actually secretly assembling a new army meanwhile and preparing for attack in late flower :(

20221212_122255.jpg
20221212_135735.jpg

They have stretched quite a bit. The height of cabinet 1 can be increased, now it's maxxed out.
In cabinet 2 I had to bend the two right ones to make sure they don't grow into the light. Two left ones are a close call, hope they will stop stretching soon.

The newer growth/upper parts of the plant seem to get better, no more purple stems there. Hope it stays that way. What I've noticed is that the Sensi Seeds Silver Haze (the ones in cabinet 1) seems more susceptible to the issue.

This is what they look like today:
20221214_131201.jpg
20221214_131345.jpg
20221214_132537.jpg

In the meantime I have grown new ones in cabinet 3. They also got 1ml/L Calmag and 0.1g/L epsom salt from the start. They all look good so far, but interestingly, the Silver Haze is showing the beginning of the dreaded interveinal yellowing and purple stems issue again. Will increase Calmag and epsom salt dosage, but not really sure anymore if its really magnesium deficiency as its happening even with added epsom salt and its the upper leaves that are affected.

Because of that I've germinated 6 more plants to be able to make more experiments.
20221214_141259.jpg 20221214_141132.jpg
20221214_145655.jpg