What's new

What to do if I can’t smoke anymore.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Seriously, if you feel it in your lungs that there is an issue you are smoking dirty cannabis. I am unable to stress this point enough.

Clean cannabis, grown in filtered air, is beneficial to your lungs health. Don't quit smoking, quit smoking contaminates.

Yes, I understand it is much more expensive to grow indoor and with filtered air. Sacrifices and priority lists, right?

Douglas.Curtis

Burning anything and inhaling it is not good for your lungs no matter how clean your flower is. Good luck out there 😁
There's a huge difference between burning and inhaling run of the mill marijuana and truly clean cannabis. When the last exhale of the bowl is almost as tasty as the first, you'll notice significant improvements in lung health.

It's not the cannabis Mon!! :)

Cactus Squatter

Seriously, if you feel it in your lungs that there is an issue you are smoking dirty cannabis. I am unable to stress this point enough.

Clean cannabis, grown in filtered air, is beneficial to your lungs health. Don't quit smoking, quit smoking contaminates.

Yes, I understand it is much more expensive to grow indoor and with filtered air. Sacrifices and priority lists, right?
My indoor grow is in a filtered environment and grown clean. 90% of my outdoor grows get turned into edibles and aren’t smoked.
My issue isn’t solely related to smoking as I posted earlier, it is 30 years of smoking in addition to daily work life in smoke filled bars, attics, and dust in the desert. It is also more so my throat than my lungs that are having the issue.
The other issue is as stated earlier, my tolerance levels and how quickly I build a tolerance. I smoke stupid amounts daily.

Douglas.Curtis

Lung damage, I get it.

It is also important to only smoke out of glass or surgical stainless. Papers, blunts, aluminum, most brass, plastic, all these materials will make it worse.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
There's a huge difference between burning and inhaling run of the mill marijuana and truly clean cannabis. When the last exhale of the bowl is almost as tasty as the first, you'll notice significant improvements in lung health.

It's not the cannabis Mon!! :)
Its my understanding that over a certain temperature (400°f) is when the harmful chemicals are released like benzene and that's what causes long term damage. My vape is never set above 385° and I get very medicated. I definitely agree that if your putting shit into or onto your plants your also inhaling the same shit. That said just the act of combustion is releasing bad or less than great chemicals as I believe combustion starts @700°f. When I smoke joints of clean flower for a few days especially consuming a lot I can definitely feel it in my lungs. Long story short, I agree, it's not the cannabis, it's the temperature of combustion 😉😁.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Are you a redhead?
We have a higher chance of having a mutated gene that controls the enzymes that process THC.

Cactus Squatter

Are you a redhead?
We have a higher chance of having a mutated gene that controls the enzymes that process THC.

😂 So now you’re telling me not only am I part soulless demon, I also may have a genetic pre-disposition to not being effected properly by the one thing that helps me??? 😂 damn it!!! 😂

But yeah, I’m not a full ginger, but had my fair share of red on top and in my beard when I was younger. All of it has now turned white though.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
😂 So now you’re telling me not only am I part soulless demon, I also may have a genetic pre-disposition to not being effected properly by the one thing that helps me??? 😂 damn it!!! 😂

But yeah, I’m not a full ginger, but had my fair share of red on top and in my beard when I was younger. All of it has now turned white though.
If You have red on your face then you inherited the ginger gene from one parent instead of both. So you still have the gene.
I've tried to eat edibles so many times over the years with no luck.
The only time I ever felt anything orally was I ate 5grams of decarbed hash in coconut oil. It didn't kick in until 9 hours later. My wife ate half a gram and was completely plastered 45 minutes later.
People like us have to take an extraordinary amount because we will digest it and poop it out long before our body has enough time to process the THC.
Ginger life yo! 😂
Of course it could work the other way too. The same mutation could cause redheads to have more than normal amounts of the enzyme. And normal amounts of drugs will be processed super fast. That's why my redheaded wife woke up in the middle of major dental surgery and said she "wanted to go to the bathroom". 😂. The doctor told me they had to keep giving her anesthesia over and over, that it just wouldn't work for long.

Cactus Squatter

If You have red on your face then you inherited the ginger gene from one parent instead of both. So you still have the gene.
I've tried to eat edibles so many times over the years with no luck.
The only time I ever felt anything orally was I ate 5grams of decarbed hash in coconut oil. It didn't kick in until 9 hours later. My wife ate half a gram and was completely plastered 45 minutes later.
People like us have to take an extraordinary amount because we will digest it and poop it out long before our body has enough time to process the THC.
Ginger life yo! 😂
Of course it could work the other way too. The same mutation could cause redheads to have more than normal amounts of the enzyme. And normal amounts of drugs will be processed super fast. That's why my redheaded wife woke up in the middle of major dental surgery and said she "wanted to go to the bathroom". 😂. The doctor told me they had to keep giving her anesthesia over and over, that it just wouldn't work for long.
Oh I know I carry lots of the ginger in me as does my wife. My whole family on both sides has lots of ginger and red heads all over in it.
After reading this I called my cousin that is a full blown transparent, can’t even look at the sun in a photograph type ginger. He said there is no form of weed that effects him at all. He ate half a pan of his wife’s brownies not knowing they were special. Felt zero from it and a 1/4-1/2 of one will wreck her. She’s also a ginger but apparently does feel it pretty well.

A friend of mine who is one of the odd full gingers who can get somewhat of a suntan without burning has really interesting reactions to weed. Straight indica or very indica dominant strains smoked will somewhat chill him out and relax him, but edibles don’t hit him at all. Sativa dominants smoked on the other hand his body freaks out about. Insane coughing fits, said his lungs feel like they’re rejecting themselves from his body and he gets extremely paranoid about dying based on how his lungs feel. Every time. Which sucks because he is infatuated with the carrot/mango zamaldelica smell.

Anesthesia barely works on me and Novocain is a silly little fairy tale. Morphine is basically putting a fire ant colony under my skin.
If I take tinctures or edibles, I also have them kick in hours later. Usually 6-8 depending on if it was sublingual vs edibles but they come on really subtly. About once every 2-3 years though, I’ll eat an edible that will flat out wreck me to the point a stranger could walk in my front door and take advantage of me with a cactus and I couldn’t do a thing about it. 🌵 🌵 🌵 What’s weird is it’s the same batches of edibles in the same strengths I always make them. I’m actually almost due for another one of those. 😂

It would be pretty strange/funny if all my years of ginger jokes are coming back to bite my daywalker ass. 😆

Taima-da

It has occurred to me that chewing (cob) very thoroughly works better as it becomes more of a sublingual, bypassing the the digestive tract for the most part.
This could be wrong.

I've never really worked out why the digestive process doesn't decarb, maybe it does but we just excrete the product before it has time to take effect.

Rider420

I love cannabis propaganda, and the poor fucks who get caught like a fish on the line. Doomed to repeat what they are told to expect. "Anesthesia barely works on me and Novocain is a silly little fairy tale. Morphine is basically putting a fire ant colony under my skin." Too funny good luck buddy but I've smoked cannabis for forty five years straight yet don't experience the latest propaganda And yes I like many others did not turn into a sloth. LOL good luck buddy. The funniest propaganda is Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS) is a condition affecting regular marijuana users which involves recurrent episodes of nausea, vomiting, and crampy abdominal pain. While the episodes generally last 24-48 hours, the symptoms tend to be very severe and lead to dehydration and even weight loss. Its exactly the same and hyperemesis syndrome the only difference is doctors don't know what causes it in 90% of the cases unless that is if you smoke cannabis then cannabis causes it. BTW its teenage girls that suffer from hyperemesis syndrome most of which have never smoked cannabis.

Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

I love cannabis propaganda, and the poor fucks who get caught like a fish on the line. Doomed to repeat what they are told to expect. "Anesthesia barely works on me and Novocain is a silly little fairy tale. Morphine is basically putting a fire ant colony under my skin." Too funny good luck buddy but I've smoked cannabis for forty five years straight yet don't experience the latest propaganda And yes I like many others did not turn into a sloth. LOL good luck buddy. The funniest propaganda is Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS) is a condition affecting regular marijuana users which involves recurrent episodes of nausea, vomiting, and crampy abdominal pain. While the episodes generally last 24-48 hours, the symptoms tend to be very severe and lead to dehydration and even weight loss. Its exactly the same and hyperemesis syndrome the only difference is doctors don't know what causes it in 90% of the cases unless that is if you smoke cannabis then cannabis causes it. BTW its teenage girls that suffer from hyperemesis syndrome most of which have never smoked cannabis.
I don’t think anyone here was discussing chs. I certainly am not.
We’re discussing the fact that my tolerance or ability to process thc at normal levels with edibles/tinctures is ridiculous and the possible ways to get around that because my lungs and throat are getting trashed from smoking plus life experiences.
Yeah, we had a little stoner side journey in a related way that includes the experiences of Redheads/Gingers and there being a possible genetic reason for it.

I’m also not following what you mean by quoting my experiences with anesthesia, morphine etc. and then talking about propaganda as well as insinuating I’m repeating it, as that is my experience with those substances and it also runs in my family to have issues with the same things.
Your 45 years of weed experience is yours, my life experiences are mine. I don’t remember you in any of the surgical or dental suites with me, and I definitely know I’ve never smoked with you so that’s why I’m kind of lost by your post. Was there even a purpose to it or were you just baked at the level I’m trying to achieve and accidentally thought you were posting on a different thread about a different subject?

H e d g e

Black pepper added to edibles might help, it has loads of beta caryophyllene which is a much better selective cb2 agonist than cbd because it doesn’t block the cb1. I suspect that occupying the cb2 helps improve uptake at the cb1 but this is just speculation.
It also contains guineesine which is a cannabinoid reuptake inhihbitor.
I sometimes use chilli, it helps but I’m not sure if it’s the vanilloids, something else, or just the lecithin in the seeds that are doing it.
Interesting if cobbing replaces the need for whatever is lacking in red heads ability to convert delta 9 into 11oh.

Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

Black pepper added to edibles might help, it has loads of beta caryophyllene which is a much better selective cb2 agonist than cbd because it doesn’t block the cb1. I suspect that occupying the cb2 helps improve uptake at the cb1 but this is just speculation.
It also contains guineesine which is a cannabinoid reuptake inhihbitor.
I sometimes use chilli, it helps but I’m not sure if it’s the vanilloids, something else, or just the lecithin in the seeds that are doing it.
Interesting if cobbing replaces the need for whatever is lacking in red heads ability to convert delta 9 into 11oh.
I’ll definitely give the black pepper a try. Haven’t been down that road yet.

H e d g e

Also.. what are your omega ratios like? They need to be around 1:1 omega 3 and 6 to modulate cb receptors.
The western diet is about 10:1, far too much omega 6.
A couple of tablespoons of chia seeds soaked in a glass water every day helps the balance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts