What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What State Should I Move To

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Florida or Texas

I was thinking Florida, but think the laws there are archaic, and in the 1970's it was loaded with rednecks and screwups. The Klan went door to door trying to recruit.

Beautiful weather, and cheap property inland.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I spent three winters up in Alaska :skiiing: You've gotta get used to the cold, some people can't take it

I used to go to south Florida for 2 and a half months each summer, in high school. First 2 weeks were hell, then you get used to it. I guess the cold is the same way, but have never been fan of cold, snow, and ice. Privacy wise I imagine Alaska is great, since it is huge, with low population. For me, I would pick Maine or southern Canada, if moving north.

One thing I love about Florida, is the clean air. Lived in NJ, near NYC and could smell anything well, when I got back from Florida. Couple of weeks later sense of smell disappears, from polluted air.

One other thing about Florida, was a lot of hot women, and not stuck up.

p0opstlnksal0t

I love the cold, bUT I have never been in that kind of cold. I have always wanted to head north.

Same here. I am very cold natured, born and raised in Houston, Tx. and I never get used to the heat here. its the most godawful climate I can imagine living in. I love when winter comes here, although 40 degree lows is not really much winter hahaha.

I think I'm putting Maine at the top of my list. the laws, cops and everyone seems to be pretty relaxed about it. craigslist is full of pot dealers giving away free stuff for "donations". a caregiver can have 5 med patients and 6 plants per... Thats 30 plants I could start indoors late winter then put outside to harvest in early october... Ive got buddies pulling 4-5+ lbs off a single scrog'd outdoor tree.

How hard is it really to get a med card in Maine? is it like cali, a simple stop at a "cool" doc with some cash gets you a card?

p0opstlnksal0t

Also the biggest plus of Maine out of all the legal states....

Its full of moderates, libertarians and independents.... Constitutional carrying, big government hating, Ron Paul loving people.... The taxes there dont appear to rape you as bad as cali or oregon but then again still higher than taxes (we have no income tax)

St. Phatty

How hard is it really to get a med card in Maine? is it like cali, a simple stop at a "cool" doc with some cash gets you a card?

Do you ever get heartburn ?

What's better for heartburn - Cannabis, or ice cream ?

Good thing we can have both :woohoo:

Just tell em you got a serious case of "my boss is an asshole-itis" type heartburn.

That was good enough to once get me a prescription for Tagamet and Zantac in the '80's - and pot works WAAAAY better than those crap meds for that type of heart-burn.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Come on 40 years, Alaska is a huge place one more grower isn't going to hurt nothing. Alaska is at the top of the list for me.

Packer fans are the exception to my statements. Go Pack Go:biggrin:
Yer welcome to come freeze yer nuts off in the dark with us. It's only -9 today, this pik was taken a few weeks back:
picture.php

KONY

Veteran
Same here. I am very cold natured, born and raised in Houston, Tx. and I never get used to the heat here. its the most godawful climate I can imagine living in. I love when winter comes here, although 40 degree lows is not really much winter hahaha.

I think I'm putting Maine at the top of my list. the laws, cops and everyone seems to be pretty relaxed about it. craigslist is full of pot dealers giving away free stuff for "donations". a caregiver can have 5 med patients and 6 plants per... Thats 30 plants I could start indoors late winter then put outside to harvest in early october... Ive got buddies pulling 4-5+ lbs off a single scrog'd outdoor tree.

I agree completely, never got used to the heat and RH down south and I lived there for 20 years. Taking a shower at 9pm, and going outside to get the mail afterwords you need to shower again coming inside?? That is horrible and no one should live in those conditions except really old soft people.

Very easy to get a MMJ card in Maine, however it will cost you. ~150-200 first visit, and 125-150 annually afterwords. Although I did recently hear of a doctor way down east doing cards for $75.

DAT

I was thinking Florida, but think the laws there are archaic, and in the 1970's it was loaded with rednecks and screwups. The Klan went door to door trying to recruit.

Beautiful weather, and cheap property inland.
Wow I didn't know that. I lived in Florida for A summer and the humidity was overwhelming. Just sitting round doing nothing and dripping with sweat. I left before the winter. I thought it was depressing flat. I was in the Tampa area. If I moved back to Florida I would want to live on the east coast with waves not the west coast. That side the ocean water is very polluted and no waves. Cannabis laws suck in Florida. I know someone that got busted growing and selling and has to pay a lot to lawyers to keep him out of jail. Yeah totally archaic backwards laws. Real shame because that tropical weather seems ideal for many fabulous exotic outdoor strains
:blowbubbles::blowbubbles::

Loc Dog

Veteran
Wow I didn't know that. I lived in Florida for A summer and the humidity was overwhelming. Just sitting round doing nothing and dripping with sweat. I left before the winter. I thought it was depressing flat. I was in the Tampa area. If I moved back to Florida I would want to live on the east coast with waves not the west coast. That side the ocean water is very polluted and no waves. Cannabis laws suck in Florida. I know someone that got busted growing and selling and has to pay a lot to lawyers to keep him out of jail. Yeah totally archaic backwards laws. Real shame because that tropical weather seems ideal for many fabulous exotic outdoor strains
:blowbubbles::blowbubbles::

The guy across the street went to an african american neighborhood on 4th of July 1976, and unloaded gun into a trailer. Fortunately no one was hurt, and he went away for a long time. In 1970's it was very seggregated. Mobile homes for whites and completely separate
neighborhoods for african americans.

I was raised in NYC area, and considered all people equal, unless they prove otherwise. I look at individuals. There are scumbags in all groups, which hurt the others, to the un-educated.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Anyone been to California City? Found cheap property, but google search, one of top results said ghost town.

I wood

The state of denial is always a happy place to grow.
The same government that can't keep the roads paved or schools supplied with basic needs wants to tell me what is ok for me to produce and ingest?
All the while taking in huge taxes from alcohol and tobacco?
Fuck that.

packerfan79

Veteran
Anyone been to California City? Found cheap property, but google search, one of top results said ghost town.

California city is north east of LA , nothing there except a federal prison. Definitely in the middle of nowhere. If you are looking for a grow friendly place in so cal i would check out the outlying areas of Riverside County. I did see a 5 acre property with a small mobile home a large shop, and 3 green houses. They are asking 140k. I have a feeling the property has been burnt. By burnt I mean it's been shut down by LEO. I think that because why would you sell a profitable property for such a low price.

Latest posts

Latest posts