What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what is the hottest chilli pepper?

Asiatica

Theres is a chili pepper from Thailand I know of that is pretty spicy.
Very small small chilies.
The literal english translation is
RAT/MOUSE SHIT CHILIES
If you know some Thai peoples call that shit out and watch them laugh.
The Thai pronnounciation is PLIK KEE NOO.
We use it in our most spiciest dishes.

I believe western terminology is
GUINEA CHILIES.

Have fun whatever you do with them.

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
easy to find in the store, if ya don't want to grow them, go the mexican food store and get some hablanero? spell, orange, very hot, sometimes eye watering, gotta know your vendor though. mucho calentae? spell/translation?

xlatit

The Merciless Peppers of Quetzlzacatenango
wiggum-pepper.jpg

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
The Bhut Jolokia, dorset naga, ghost chili, Naga Morich are all names for the same chili. There are about 5 or 6 other names from different cultures in and around North India.

On the Scoville rating deal, habanero chili come in at around 325,000 units. The Red Savina chili comes in at around 500,000 and the Bhut Jolokia comes in at over 1,000,000 Scoville units.

For comparisons a Jalapeno comes in at 2,500 units. Serrano come in at around 10,000 units. Thai chilis come in at 50,000 - 100,000.

Seeds are easily available for Bhut Jolokia and if you happen to live in an area with a large Indian population you might find it at a speciality store. Dried versions are easily found online.

HTH

CC

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i like my thai chili peppers, not the hottest in the world but sure damn tasty. and they still pack quite a punch.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I grew the Red Savina chili plant a couple of years ago for friends on a BBQ team and they wanted 'the hottest chili' that I could find and that time I was not aware of the Ghost Chili so I went with the one that I did and gave them all of the chili pods that I grew out.

They ended up with 15 gallons of BBQ sauce that hardly anyone could eat. Kinda funny actually as things turned out.

It's not a chili that I would grow again. Same deal with habanero plants. An interesting hobby for many (known as Chili Heads) but not useful for most folks.

YMMV

CC

minttu

I just tasted Naga Morich which I later found out to be same as Bhut Jolokia :biglaugh: One can't possible imagine how it felt in my mouth, and it was only a small bite!

I couldn't stay still, had to move around. My mouth, eyes and nose were running and the burn was really like there had been literally fire in my mouth.

Gladly I still have got some left! :nono: :crazy: