What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is going on here!? (with pics)

Z

Ziggaro

Sounds like you must have been overfeeding a bit or maybe you just had some buildup from imbalanced feed. The rH and light have a lot to do with it..obviously lower rH means they take more water and therefore more nutes.. higher temps from closer light also means more water and more nutes.

BTW if it were me I'd put the sats under the 1k and the indis under the 600. The extra light penetration from the 1k should be more useful with the sativas. Switching between the two sounds like a lot of work for no gain, other than perhaps giving you a larger indica and smaller sativa harvest if that's what you're after.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Sounds like you must have been overfeeding a bit or maybe you just had some buildup from imbalanced feed. The rH and light have a lot to do with it..obviously lower rH means they take more water and therefore more nutes.. higher temps from closer light also means more water and more nutes.

BTW if it were me I'd put the sats under the 1k and the indis under the 600. The extra light penetration from the 1k should be more useful with the sativas. Switching between the two sounds like a lot of work for no gain, other than perhaps giving you a larger indica and smaller sativa harvest if that's what you're after.

Good info there Zig. I find myself agreeing with ya on keeping the sativas under the 1000 and indicas under the 600. Honestly the only pure inidica dom I will be running is herijuana and probably the LSD. All the rest are pretty much 60% indica plus, while the majority being 80% plus.

Here is what i'm running:

SSSDH
ECSDH
DP Power Plant
Kali Mist
Zamaldelica
Golden Tiger
Herijuana
(Someone I can't mention) Sugar Punch
(Someone I can't mention) Jack F8's
LSD
HSO Blue Dream
And finally FMS C99....

This shall be a good mix to keep me happy for a while with many different variations of effects lol.

Mystic Funk

looks like you have nutrient lock up! because both the top and bottom leaves are yellowing and curling down... flush each 3 gal pot with 9 gallons of 6.5 to 7 ph water and wait one week before feeding again.

I almost never foliar feed plants. only if I need a small quick correction....
foliar feeding clogs the hell out of your leaves. and you can burn your plants very easily..

And you say you were over watering... now it looks like those pots are very dry??
the way I check plants is stick you finger one to two inches down if it feels dry water them if not let them go..

but I don't use breathable bags ether so you may have to water more???

hope this helps. good luck mountainbudz!

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
KRuFnY4.jpg

MountainBudz

looks like you have nutrient lock up! because both the top and bottom leaves are yellowing and curling down... flush each 3 gal pot with 9 gallons of 6.5 to 7 ph water and wait one week before feeding again.

I almost never foliar feed plants. only if I need a small quick correction....
foliar feeding clogs the hell out of your leaves. and you can burn your plants very easily..

And you say you were over watering... now it looks like those pots are very dry??
the way I check plants is stick you finger one to two inches down if it feels dry water them if not let them go..

but I don't use breathable bags ether so you may have to water more???

hope this helps. good luck mountainbudz!

Hey Mystic, thanks for your comment. Do you think there would still be benefit to a flush if I am already seeing new growth that looks healthy and vigorous? I do have a few yellow leaves that was caused from doing a heat treatment for what I thought was BM's, heated the room to 115 degrees for 45 mins or so and it accidentally reach to like 126 degrees when I left the room and I had lots of damaged leaves, most were removed.

Not saying this is the cause of all that yellowing though because I know its not. Im sure i've got some lockout going on but now they seem fine, only 3 or 4 still haven't had any growth outbursts yet but still look very much more healthy than before.

I have also stopped the foliar feeding as well the same night I watered last. I have been misting them daily about every two to three hours with just plain water because I have humidity issues which is helping a bunch.

Thanks for the good wishes bro, same to you!

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

I'm sorry Al Bo, but this chart has never benefited me in any way much. I don't know what it is about the chart but outdoors I have had problems before and spent hours and days starring at that thing and had to just accept that my plant had every single deficiency on the chart. When actually it was just a pest and over feeding issue lol.

Thanks for the thought though bro!

MountainBudz

Just watered half of my plants this morning with 5 to 7 ml of sensi grow a&b. This will be the last feeding of sensi grow. Will be switching to bloom in a few days when next watering is due. I'll flush the plants really well of all nitrogen and salts, then hit em with a dose of bloom and throw them into flower.

I'm gonna keep an eye on the half I watered this morning before feeding the rest to make sure it doesn't show any signs of stress. I think now i'm okay, but I want to be on the safe side!

MountainBudz

5-7ml per gallon. I wish they had a per gallon ratio on there directions instead of listing only (per liter) even though I know there is 3.78 liters in a gal, or close lol.

MrBungle

Just remember that plants need N through out their life... especially in the first few weeks of flower and through stretch.... taper off towards the end of flower so as to not affect taste of the end product

MountainBudz

By the way the dose I fed is probably a bit more than quarter strength. So maybe I will be good? I hope...

MountainBudz

Just remember that plants need N through out their life... especially in the first few weeks of flower and through stretch.... taper off towards the end of flower so as to not affect taste of the end product

Hey Bungle, i'm pretty sure the sensi bloom has a good bit of nitrogen in it. I know its better to have more nitrogen in the beginning of flower for shoots and what not and then decline nitrogen towards mid to end. I just wanted a good flush to start it out fresh and clean.

MrBungle

Cool.... I'm not gonna say much more, cause I know what I say and do is different than most folks around here.... I'm happy to see you got things back on track though

Mystic Funk

Hey Mystic, thanks for your comment. Do you think there would still be benefit to a flush if I am already seeing new growth that looks healthy and vigorous? I do have a few yellow leaves that was caused from doing a heat treatment for what I thought was BM's, heated the room to 115 degrees for 45 mins or so and it accidentally reach to like 126 degrees when I left the room and I had lots of damaged leaves, most were removed.

Not saying this is the cause of all that yellowing though because I know its not. Im sure i've got some lockout going on but now they seem fine, only 3 or 4 still haven't had any growth outbursts yet but still look very much more healthy than before.

I have also stopped the foliar feeding as well the same night I watered last. I have been misting them daily about every two to three hours with just plain water because I have humidity issues which is helping a bunch.

Thanks for the good wishes bro, same to you!

:tiphat:
yes I would still flush you may not have to flush as much if they are looking better. but that salt is still in the soil.

you are very lucky those plants didn't die from that heat. don't let that happen again. when it gets over 90 all plant growth STOPS!
it takes a long time for it to come back too.

what's your humidity at??? you say you have problem with it?

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Plant growth stopping at 90*F is just not true. Shit, with co2, 85* is optimal. As long as they have moisture in the soil to cope with high heat, they will be fine. My new tent setup was getting to 100*f before I got an a/c in there, so it stayed hot for about a week, and they grew a significant amount in that week. Keeping your humidity at an appropriate level in relationship to your temp is paramount. Shit, sativas grow in regions that are 80-100 degrees year round in the wild. Usually in very humid climates.

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
This may have been disproved or said already but what I see/guess[imho] is over water, maybe over fed coupled with foundering them as the locals say here. This is [garden vegetables/ house plant/ livestock] when something eats to the point where health is affected , in this case light.

Too much light intensity at younger stage whilst overwatering. Even if temperatures are within acceptable parameters.

...but it can't be from heavy pots because unlike me you are not stingy with the perlite.:biggrin:

MountainBudz

MrSoul, you are correct that there were a lot of over watering issues going on in the beginning. That was why I had to transplant early to begin with. Then as they grew into there new grounds, my over watering issued turned into an under/uneven watering issue due to the previous fear of over watering. That is now corrected, the 3 gallon containers love a whole gallon washed thru them much better than the previous half liter watering. Lots of perlite, yes. So I water often and deep to make sure the soil is completely moist evenly and throughout the containers.

As for over feeding, I have just realized another mistake I was making. I was actually more than likely under feeding the entire time, severely. Reason I say this is because up till last week yes I was feeding with about every watering, but I am new to advanced nutrients. Stupid me misread the label. The ratios are per liter on the directions, so I was mixing a quarter strength mix of what I thought to be for a gallon ratio, was actually getting a per liter (quarter strength) mixture per gallon of water! Super minimal!...

And I was splitting only like 5 to 6 gallons of that between 22 plants lol. Now i'm mixing quarter to half strength per liter like im suppose to and they are exploding everywhere with new growth and almost doubled in size within a week man.

Now i'm finally on my way down a new road to success! Fingers crossed and hope steady strong!!!

Btw... Are you the Mr. Soul, the brothers grimm soul? Or just going by that name?