What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is going on here!? (with pics)

chomsky

PH

PH

you all talked about PH but this guy growing in soil.
in my grow I use soil too and I understand that in soil you don't need to fix the PH and that's because the paln can fix it by him self (in soil only).
what do you say?

What are you talking about? You say in soil you don't need to fix the PH? You have no idea what you are saying if this is what you meant. OP Do not take this advice. You definitely need to know what your PH is. What you put in may be different than the runoff however, in my experience what you put in is more important than the runoff ( Some will argue that) However, Most MJ plants take up nutes in soil with a PH between 6 and 7 PH. Some say 5.5 to 6.5. I try to put my water and nutes in with a PH of 6.8 or as close to as possible. When I do this I notice my runoff is usually around 6.3. Perfect for my girls usually. Also adding hydrated lime to your soil when mixing it will help stabilize the PH in your soil. That works over time so don't expect to add lime to your water or soil now and have that effect right away. I know you're busted, Im there often so I sympathize but as soon as you can afford it, get a PH meter. Even a cheapo will help you dial in your plants much better. At least you would have consistency. Man, Id mail you one for free if I had your address but I wouldn't suggest putting that on this thread Ha ha...

S

sourpuss

Bro you got the answer many yimes just never heeded advice. Those plants r sufferring from many probs. None of which you will fix unless you get a ph pen. Its that simple. Then start to worry about problems that r not caused by ph. Strips t shiy no offense. Ph drops is the cheap way and to be accurate. Then a china ph pen. Again no offense, but you coulda bought both the prn and drops for the equivalent of 1 or 2 of the bottles you didnt even need to begin with.

Hard to listen to so eone complain they aint got money but got bottles of additives instead... keep it simple bro!!!

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
you all talked about PH but this guy growing in soil.
in my grow I use soil too and I understand that in soil you don't need to fix the PH and that's because the paln can fix it by him self (in soil only).
what do you say?

If your growing in soil or hydro you still need the right ph period. If he is watering his plants with very high or very low ph nute water is going to cause problems period. Answer this than why is there a soil ph meter ? For looks ?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Bro you got the answer many yimes just never heeded advice. Those plants r sufferring from many probs. None of which you will fix unless you get a ph pen. Its that simple. Then start to worry about problems that r not caused by ph. Strips t shiy no offense. Ph drops is the cheap way and to be accurate. Then a china ph pen. Again no offense, but you coulda bought both the prn and drops for the equivalent of 1 or 2 of the bottles you didnt even need to begin with.

Hard to listen to so eone complain they aint got money but got bottles of additives instead... keep it simple bro!!!

I used a Walmart gift card that was give to me as a Christmas present to purchase the strips man. My local Walmart does not carry ph pens. I will purchase a ph pen soon online brother, relax, I know the importance and will never go without one again (growing indoors anyway). I've never had problems outdoor in 15 years off and on. This good ole Ky Appalachian soil will grow a dandy just about anywhere you want to place a bean or cut.

Right now, i'm on to something. Since the deep watering with plenty of just straight tap water ( gassed off) already is new growth coming out everywhere, plants look happy.

Also added a bit of sup c02 that looks like it might be helping a good bit as well.

I am using ph perfect nutes, although still not ph perfect, i think the problem comes from a few other variables as well, not only ph. My humidity is staying 31% and below, fan was hitting them full force at the same time, i had issues previously over watering and under watering, probably lots of dry pockets in soil and a few other things.

I also dont know if it was a good idea adding the ffof soil to the promix as im using ph perfect nutes. Have done a lot of reading about how the (ph perfect nutes) aren't so ph perfect when used together with other nutrients that are not ph perfect and also with organic rich soils.

But I dont know, im still in the new league indoors, still learning the indoor game. Much different than outdoor in every way lol and thanks everyone for help and advice!

:tiphat:

chomsky

I used a Walmart gift card that was give to me as a Christmas present to purchase the strips man. My local Walmart does not carry ph pens. I will purchase a ph pen soon online brother, relax, I know the importance and will never go without one again (growing indoors anyway). I've never had problems outdoor in 15 years off and on. This good ole Ky Appalachian soil will grow a dandy just about anywhere you want to place a bean or cut.

Right now, i'm on to something. Since the deep watering with plenty of just straight tap water ( gassed off) already is new growth coming out everywhere, plants look happy.

Also added a bit of sup c02 that looks like it might be helping a good bit as well.

I am using ph perfect nuts, although still not ph perfect, i think the problem comes from a few other variables as well, not only ph. My humidity is staying 31% and below, fan was hitting them full force at the same time, i had issues previously over watering and under watering, probably lots of dry pockets in soil and a few other things.

I also dont know if it was a good idea adding the ffof soil to the promix as im using ph perfect nutes. Have done a lot of reading about how the (ph perfect nutes) aren't so ph perfect when used together with other nutrients that are not ph perfect and also with organic rich soils.

But I dont know, im still in the new league indoors, still learning the indoor game. Much different than outdoor in every way lol and thanks everyone for help and advice!

:tiphat:

Your humidity is way too low for veg dude. Your temps should be 82-86 and RH should be around 60%.

MountainBudz

Just a little update on the girls...

Evidently I did something very right since last watering because the girls have made a 360 turn in health and vigor in just 5 days! All I done was fed them a little over a gallon a piece until I had lots of runoff (to waste), added a bit of c02 and have been misting ever 2 or 3 hours to try and keep the humidity higher since it is constantly staying around 30%. I also raised the light about a foot higher.

Last edited:

MountainBudz

Now, just for a little assistance, when do you guys think these would be good to go for a flip?

They will all be divided in half and the other half will go to a different tent. Bot in a 4x4, one running 1000 watts the other 600 watts?

I originally planned to flip only after 3 weeks of veg, but all these problems arose and got me put behind. So really they have been vegging since December 12th under 600 watt HPS (give or take a day or so).

They are short, as I wanted to flower at a foot high but the light is constantly on 20/4 hours so that is why they are so squat. If I were running them on 18/6 they would probably all be over a foot in height.

What do you think?

MountainBudz

Thinking hard about flipping these girls in the next day or two. What do you guys think?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd be tempted to go a little longer and ensure they're on a good upswing health wise. You do look to have turned the tide.

MountainBudz

I'd be tempted to go a little longer and ensure they're on a good upswing health wise. You do look to have turned the tide.

Good point there man, yeah i'll give em a few more days to pull out of it real good. They looked even more better at lights on today than they did yesterday. I'm so damn happy about the changes lol.

So what do you guys think about a feeding now? Like stated before, I watered very through with pure water. Its time for another watering. Should I go ahead and give them some sensi grow a&b nutes? Some B52? Some Voodoo juice? Or should I hit them with water again?

I actually thought about maybe going ahead and switching to A&B bloom this time around before I throw them into flower. What do you think? That way they will have the nutes in em to prep for the transition?

MountainBudz

Something else i'd like to know.

If this were your grow, would you put the more sativa dominant and pure sativas beneath the 600 and indica dom under the 1000's? Or vice versa? I want maximum yield in whichever path I choose. I actually thought about doing a 2 day split with the bulbs, but don't know if it would work... For example: Two days 1000 watt bulb in tent #1 , then switch the 1000 to tent #2 and the 600 over to tent #1 for two days and just keep switching till the end of flower.

I've never got a straight answer to that question, sounds like it would be an interesting experiment.

So, flowering nutes on next feeding? What else to add if so? Sativas get the 1000 and indicas get the 600 or vice versa? Or do the bulb rotation experiment?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
They sure look a lot better then before. If u want your humidity to go up keep that bucket of water in the room it looks like you are doing that already?

atk7

I would go another round or two of straight water at correct ph before flipping or feeding. then start feeding bloom nutes when the plants indicated they are ready to feed . Too much too soon will set you back again way more than to little to late imo. Don't over love

MountainBudz

They sure look a lot better then before. If u want your humidity to go up keep that bucket of water in the room it looks like you are doing that already?

Yeah i've been keeping the bucket of water in there but honestly in 3 days since it has been in there I have only seen the humidity rise from 31% to 38% at the most. I think whats helping the most as far as humidity goes is that i've been misting with a very fine mist of just plain water every 2 to 3 hours. It really has helped.

MountainBudz

I would go another round or two of straight water at correct ph before flipping or feeding. then start feeding bloom nutes when the plants indicated they are ready to feed . Too much too soon will set you back again way more than to little to late imo. Don't over love

I think I will go one more round of water first or at the most just quarter strength nutes.

I found out what was causing a lot of the drying and twisting of the leaves as crazy as it sounds, super cropping.

I super cropped every plant in the room directly after topping, I noticed that the ones that were looking really ruff was caused by the break or split in the stem where I went a bit overboard with a few of them. I took tape and taped up all the little splits and stuff a couple days ago and now the growth on those stems look 10 times better. Too much air was getting through the cracks and breaks and was leaching out the moisture in then stems and leaves. Have done lots of super cropping outdoors but this is the first time I really cracked the stems open. Of course it was done on accident but now I know that it can make your plants growth slow way down and can show nutrient/ph deficiencies when really its just the crack in the stem drying it out.

MountainBudz

Only the plants that had the split in the stems were exhibiting these problems too and once tapped and sealed thats how I know for sure what was causing it because they bounced right back.

Latest posts

Latest posts