What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is going on here!? (with pics)

chomsky

I know from personal experience how hard it can be not to want to water and feed the girls. It seems intuitive that plants need water and food. AND they do. However, understand that with a grain of salt. MJ is amazingly tough and can endure a lot. I once was having probs with a 4x4 grow. I got so fed up I decided to scrap it and start over. I trashed the 30 day old plants in a garbage bag and forgot about them in my basement. Well, about three weeks later I saw the bag and went to throw em in the trash but decided to look inside first. Would you believe the fucking plant had grown. In a garbage bag for like three weeks. I almost shit. Anyway, What Im getting at is growing MJ is all about patience. Just go easy, watch your girls and let them tell you what they need. Don't try to force them to grow...

Easy7

Veteran
It's like growing a cactus, they tend to do better when not played with. Just give strait clean water for awhile and see what happens.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I guess i'll just give straight water the next couple of waterings then start feeding again. Even though i've never flushed the plants, I will skip that. I gotta get em straightened out within a week or so so I can flip.

I'd order a pen from ebay but I am broke af right now. Thays the only thing keeping me from it, is that im literally broke.

MountainBudz

I know from experience how tough they are. When you mentioned it, in my years of outdoor guerilla growing, i've had some crazy things happen. Completely snapped a mid flower terminal branch off tying down lower than it already was. Reach in the bag and got out the duct tape, stuck the branch back to the plant best I could and ductaped it there. Within a week it was even budding better than before! Have pulled males and threw them out into the shade in brush piles and they re root and polinate the whole fuckin crop lol. Have also pretty much kicked, punched, snapped, ripped and tore a large vegging plant to pieces, looked terrible after I trampled it and it come back as a holy tree that id bow too... I call that the vicious hillbilly attack technique haha...

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Im no pro by any means but looks to be a bit overwatered and maybe a N. deficiency. I have a problem with mine that are 6 weeks now into flower and have yellowed a bit, i too was only watering till soil completely dried out which was every 4 days. Maybe water a day before you have been and let it run off?

MountainBudz

Im no pro by any means but looks to be a bit overwatered and maybe a N. deficiency. I have a problem with mine that are 6 weeks now into flower and have yellowed a bit, i too was only watering till soil completely dried out which was every 4 days. Maybe water a day before you have been and let it run off?

Yeah man on a few of them I have also seen what I thought to be a nitrogen deficiency, but others exhibit symptoms of maybe too much feeding.

I think i'll up the nitrogen on the few that are showing what I think to be N deficient. On the ones that look over fed, i'll go with what everyone else suggests, only pure water for the next couple watering's.

What do you guys think? Or should they ALL just receive water only for a couple watering's just to be on the safe side?

All of you have given great advice so far and i'm very thankful for that!

MountainBudz

So should Inlet the soil get completely very dry and water or just water when its dry around the edges? In these smart pots the edges get super dry, but the very center of roots are still damp.

wish id went with plastic containers like always...

MrBungle

I wouldnt stop feeding... I'd start feeding more than half strength.... and stick with watering around the edges for a lil while.. it will take a lil time before they get passed this shock.. be patient Bud!

MountainBudz

So which is it? Lol.....

To feed or not to feed? I'm stumped man.

Do those pics look under fed to you???

MrBungle

They look underfed to me... I'm sorry theres so much conflicting info out there....The guy who said needs more N is right... and the guy who said it looks like a pH problem is right also... all this comes from not feeding enough....which is multiplied by the watering problems and bam.. its what you got... I had the same shit happen to me....EXACTLY... its something you can get past.. just gotta leave your comfort zone a lil bit....go up to 3/4 strength or full strength.... alternate with plain water if you want... be patient let them do their thing... They will snap out of it if they get proper care... it just takes more time

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll take a note from Noonan, definitely not an expert. Especially in regards to peat, and specifically fertigated peat (continuous feed).

I believe fertigation requires around 1.0 EC, no? AN may have a calculator that gives EC values like H&G.

I would reorganize the plants by deficiency/toxicity and set the droopy one alone. Water clean once with good runoff before restarting fertigation with base alone. No foliars.

And then observe how the plants respond and adjust (small adjustments) from there.

Deficiency is not necessarily a lack of nutrients but can be the result of uptake issue, toxicity, pH, etc. Almost all your plants are showing nutrient burn. Whether this is from feed or foliar is another matter. Either way, throwing stronger feed at them is unlikely to be beneficial.

Just my opinion and what I would do.

if you have feed/water prob I'll suggest you to do flush and feed them good , do not feed the full amount but you do want let them eat something.
after this watering - feeding - watering - feeding - etc.
wish you good luck ;)

MountainBudz

Well last night I gave them a light flushing if you could even call it that. I watered the 3 gallon containers with a gallon and half of just straight water. I figure it would be easier to correct a problem by flushing (if I have nute lock) and start feeding again lightly when they dry back out a bit than it would to increase feed as a few stated and make them even worse.

I also found a temporary way to check PH, found some strips in the aquarium isle at walmart and they also tell hardiness, ppm and other things. Maybe I can get a pictute of them later on and you guys can kind of help show me how to read them.

According to the strips, my tap water was about 6.8 to 7.0 ph. I'm going to start using this water instead of using the water from the water machine dispenser. I'm also going to get a gallon of the water I was using to test and see if maybe the problem could have had any connections to that water as well. Maybe it has softener in it? I don't know, but on the machine of the water source I was previously using only said the water was purified through UV light or something.

Lights will be on in about 30 mins and i'll update how there looking tonight.

I also raised the light a bit more just in case.

I am also experiencing my RH staying very low, around 30% constantly, dont know if that causes much issues or not? Could it? I do know its better to have low humidity during flower especially late flower due to minimizing bud rot and other fungal diseases. Also my fan I use to blow over the plants was direct wind coming from a large box fan in the floor. I also fixed the fan to where its not blowing directly on the leaves. Maybe all of these things played a small part in the problems I am experiencing.

Thanks again for all the help!

Well last night I gave them a light flushing if you could even call it that. I watered the 3 gallon containers with a gallon and half of just straight water. I figure it would be easier to correct a problem by flushing (if I have nute lock) and start feeding again lightly when they dry back out a bit than it would to increase feed as a few stated and make them even worse.

I also found a temporary way to check PH, found some strips in the aquarium isle at walmart and they also tell hardiness, ppm and other things. Maybe I can get a pictute of them later on and you guys can kind of help show me how to read them.

According to the strips, my tap water was about 6.8 to 7.0 ph. I'm going to start using this water instead of using the water from the water machine dispenser. I'm also going to get a gallon of the water I was using to test and see if maybe the problem could have had any connections to that water as well. Maybe it has softener in it? I don't know, but on the machine of the water source I was previously using only said the water was purified through UV light or something.

Lights will be on in about 30 mins and i'll update how there looking tonight.

I also raised the light a bit more just in case.

I am also experiencing my RH staying very low, around 30% constantly, dont know if that causes much issues or not? Could it? I do know its better to have low humidity during flower especially late flower due to minimizing bud rot and other fungal diseases. Also my fan I use to blow over the plants was direct wind coming from a large box fan in the floor. I also fixed the fan to where its not blowing directly on the leaves. Maybe all of these things played a small part in the problems I am experiencing.

Thanks again for all the help!

your humidity need to be within 30%
40% in flower.
more than that can cause mold in the flowers

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am by far no expert, but it looks like you have added way too much perlite! I grow in straight FF Happyfrog soil and have to water every two to three days with no perlite added.

Back 15 yrs ago, when I first started this hobby, I used to try and grow in peat and perlite at a 50/50 ratio and plants looked very similar to yours. I switched to straight FFOF soil with no perlite added and problems went away.

Hope you get everything figured out. I know from experience it sucks a big one when your grow is on the fritz.

At least get a simple ph test kit, kind with a vial and drops with color guide. Most fertilizers drop ph significantly, and if your feeding everytime, even half strength you've probably dropped ph of your soil quite a bit. I usually feed "pro mix" mixes around 6 ph. Mikkel is right, overdoing everything.

Oops. Don't know how I missed the part where you already got the test kit. Sounds like you are on the right track. You should mix up a feed of the same strength and same water you have been using and see what you had been feeding them at this whole time?? If ph is lower than 5.6 or 6.6 or higher than I'd say that's your proble!