What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

moose eater

rice has arsenic in it? oh, the things you learn on here...:eek: thanks, moose!
Not sure about white rice. Basmatti and some others (US-grown sticky rice I think) are lower in content.

Many are below limits for human consumption, though.

But if you really want to be disappointed or concerned, Google rice and heavy metals, to include lead, cadmium, etc., including wild rice.

And not all rice are equal for various toxins, to include arsenic, which is a naturally occurring thing. You can find resources online re. whose rice is more free of arsenic, etc., than others. Likewise, maybe whose to avoid.

We've managed to fuck up most aspects of the planet.

GreenestBasterd

Homemade cheese borgs.
By the time I got to the shops they only had brioche buns🙁
IMG_7203.jpeg

moose eater

Broiled Patagonia wild-caught shrimp sandwich with mayo, horseradish, sliced sweet pepper, sliced sweet onion, and sliced Jarlsberg Swiss cheese, melted on both sides under high heat with the broiler, open-face, then fresh crisp baby spinach piled in between, in place of romaine lettuce.

The Carbonaut Sliced Original bread is probably just over .40 cents/slice (2 slices) a small amount of very thin sliced cheese, several very thin slices from a sweet onion (with a surprising bite for a 'sweet onion'), the spinach, etc., all comes to around $3.50 or a bit less for the whole sandwich, with maybe an 1/8 to a 1/10 of a lb. of the shrimp at about $10.50/lb. (30-50-count, clean, with no heads or tails).

Pretty good eating for an economy budget.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
today, i feasted. school was out, and the snowfall has got everyone off tomorrow as well here. snow and no work seems to kick in the overdrive RE my wifes desire to cook, lol. :oops: i had french toast and sausage at breakfast, then she made chicken noodle soup, chicken casserole, FRIED chicken, and the pinwheel candy using powdered sugar and peanut butter.:yummy: all i got done this afternoon was eateateat like a wild hog in between smoking bowls as appetite stimulants. dang, almost forgot about the snow ice cream i made/ate. rare we get snow deep enough for that.:good: yeah, i know. snow has shit in it you aint supposed to eat. at least it wasn't yellow! :biggrin:

moose eater

Southern-style (sorta') deep-fried chicken gizzards and hearts, previously soaked to tenderize in a combination of (in order of greatest volume) unsweetened vanilla almond milk, Nancy's plain unsweetened low fat pro-biotic yogurt, Real Lemon lemon juice, 40% heavy whipping cream, Tapatio Sauce, black pepper, granulated garlic, sea salt in minor amount, and smoked paprika.

Dredged in organic whole wheat pastry flour seasoned with black pepper, sea salt, granulated garlic, poultry seasoning, and smoked paprika, then deep-fried in dirty fish-smelling deep-frier oil at about 365 degrees Fahrenheit.

Pretty goddamned tasty, though the flour dredge violated my sometimes-rigid carbohydrate dietary rules.

moose eater

Breakfast for dinner; 2 links of breakfast sausage with a sage and black pepper presence, 1 slice of Carbonaut bread, lightly toasted with no butter, and 1 free-range brown egg, over easy, with table salt and black pepper, atop the dry Carbonaut toast, sprinkled with Tapatio Sauce..