What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Bought a container of tuna salad the other day so had a tuna sandwich. And some sharp cheddar cheese and wheat thins. Wasn't sharp enough. Need to get more.

moose eater

Bitter melon smoothie, chaga tea, moringa tea, Nu-Trail Keto Blueberry Cinnamon grain-free granola/snack gorp, artichokes in marinade and oil, and vegan Thai stir-fry. And sea salted roasted almonds with some dried apricots.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
sliced up 6 taters, half a sweet onion, and a kielbasa with Lowrys seasoning salt on everything and slow-fried it to get bottom edge of taters crispy. ate like a wild hog...embarrassing.🐖

Gry

Veteran
Having read the above, I feel inspired.
Should be sautéing peppers and onions and mushrooms to go with some potatoes.
The thought of fried potatoes for breakfast in the morning sounds real fine to me.
Looking at the little sticker on the bell peppers, I see they were shipped from Canada.
Love have the kind of food availability that exists today. Believe the average joe
has an opportunity to eat better today than most royalty throughout history.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Having read the above, I feel inspired.
Should be sautéing peppers and onions and mushrooms to go with some potatoes.
The thought of fried potatoes for breakfast in the morning sounds real fine to me.
Looking at the little sticker on the bell peppers, I see they were shipped from Canada.
Love have the kind of food availability that exists today. Believe the average joe
has an opportunity to eat better today than most royalty throughout history.

peppers & mushrooms would have been in there if i had any on hand. thought about a splash of Worchestershire sauce, but was afraid it might overpower everything else.

moose eater

Organic pine nut hummus on Crunchmaster 5-grain crackers, seedless watermelon, roasted pistachios with dried apricots, and.... vegan Thai stir-fry, with chaga tea, moringa tea, black French roast, fresh-ground beans coffee, and an Orgain Plant-Based Protein Chocolate Shake.

BudToaster

Veteran
first thing, after workout, about 6 oz of tree nuts - 6 kinds - and bits of dried fruit.

first meal of the day was a green leaf lettuce salad with: tomato, avocado, sharp cheese, carrots, radish, sautéed shitakes+onion+red pepper, olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing, then 3 fried eggs to top it off. plus 3 buttered slices of artisan Asiago cheese bread. accompanied by 16 oz cup of coffee, with just a bit of vanilla bean, plus 1/4 tsp of Golden Teacher (i microdose after i exercise)

dinner will be three pieces of fruit and a bit of deli turkey - carbo load for tomorrow's morning workout - NordicTrack and bowflex

armedoldhippy

Veteran
first thing, after workout, about 6 oz of tree nuts - 6 kinds - and bits of dried fruit.

first meal of the day was a green leaf lettuce salad with: tomato, avocado, sharp cheese, carrots, radish, sautéed shitakes+onion+red pepper, olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing, then 3 fried eggs to top it off. plus 3 buttered slices of artisan Asiago cheese bread. accompanied by 16 oz cup of coffee, with just a bit of vanilla bean, plus 1/4 tsp of Golden Teacher (i microdose after i exercise)

dinner will be three pieces of fruit and a bit of deli turkey - carbo load for tomorrow's morning workout - NordicTrack and bowflex

sounds good, BT! a good salad is a good start...

moose eater

Seedless watermelon, organic pine nut hummus on almond flour crackers, Orgain Plant-Based Chocolate Protein Shake, marinated baby artichoke hearts, dried apricots w/ sea salt roasted almonds, and perhaps some of this year's potatoes, mashed, with coconut oil, a touch of almond milk, spicy California garlic, black coarsely ground pepper, and some sea salt added.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had to prep 2 days for yet more fun in the surgeons lair but discovered when it was too late that my surgery which I have been waiting for months, has been canceled as I did not travel there solely for the purpose of being tested, days prior. That all sucks but meanwhile I am a hungry man and have thus far woofed down most of a lemon pepper rotisserie chicken, some zucchini with fresh dairy butter and am now settling in to a small bowl of vanilla gelato along with a couple of bowls of something really tasty in it's own right.
headbang.gif

armedoldhippy

Veteran
turkey bacon (fried in REAL bacon grease, lol) scrambled eggs, and a big green 'mater sliced up and rolled in cornmeal & fried, washed down with cold milk. wish i'd had REAL bacon...😋

entropical

Veteran
turkey bacon (fried in REAL bacon grease, lol) scrambled eggs, and a big green 'mater sliced up and rolled in cornmeal & fried, washed down with cold milk. wish i'd had REAL bacon...😋
I had real eggs, and real too bacon this morning lol. And for dinner cevapcici and a pasta with ajvar, aioli and black olives.

Gry

Veteran
A banana and strawberry's from which the stems had been removed.

Gry

Veteran
what, no roughage? i thought you was old like me, lol...

When I think about how my relationship with food has changed,
can only shake my head in wonder. Need to make up some
cat grass for my cats. Feel envious of them over the roughage
at times.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
While in-between surgeries.....an avocado with a splash of California olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt...couple of not quite hard, er, 75% hard boiled egg yolks...then a scoop of gelato, ........couple of bowls ....now having a few milk chocolate truffles and a couple more bowls that are making me see double
hi.gif

moose eater

Wild-caught Alaskan sockeye (red) salmon fillets, fried in coconut oil, and seasoned during frying with garlic, ginger, soy sauce, maple syrup, and just a touch of smoked red paprika.

More than a bit tasty. not vegan, but almost vegan... Or, at least not red meat. Except it is red meat. But not THAT kind of 'red meat.'

Followed by a bitter melon smoothie.

Latest posts

Latest posts