What's new

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

moose eater

Homemade cole slaw (keep those cruciferous, cancer-fighting veggies happening!), made from Organic green cabbage, Alaska-grown Mat-Su Valley carrots, sweet onions, a bit of jalapeno pepper, mayonnaise, touch of vinegar, and monk fruit sweetener in tiny amount, with celery seed, black pepper and salt.

Used last week's tempura beer batter with some cut up chunks of skinless, boneless chicken thighs.

Again, almost healthy.

R/O H2O with a chaser of a Guinness Extra Stout from St. James Gate Brewery in Dublin. Just for that added taste of Irish rebellion with class and character behind it. :)

Last edited:

Cuddles

Homemade cole slaw (keep those cruciferous, cancer-fighting veggies happening!), made form Organic green cabbage, Alaska-grown Mat-Su Valley carrots, sweet onions, a bit of jalapeno pepper, mayonnaise, touch of vinegar, and monk fruit sweetener in tiny amount, with celery seed, black pepper and salt.

Used last week's tempura beer batter with some cut up chunks of skinless, boneless chicken thighs.

Again, almost healthy.

R/O H2O with a chaser of a Guinness Extra Stout from St. James Gate Brewery in Dublin. Just for that added taste of Irish rebellion with class and character behind it. :)
nice! I hope it was a can of draught, because the other stuff tasted like sh*t!

Cuddles

No, I don't do the Guinnes Draught with the CO2 cartridge in it. It was the classic 11.2 oz. bottle of the original Guinness Extra Stout at 5.6% abv. Glorious stuff. Irish art work at its finest. :)
Stout always needs to be draught as far as I´m concerned (it´s the one thing I get picky about beer-wise) but if you can handle that other stuff, lucky you!

Reactions: Gry

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
can´t they tell by the colour and so on?
Those rabbits are tiny though and there´s hardly any meat on them.

Here in Europe a lot of people used to eat rabbit and pidgeons during and after the war. They had no choice as meat in general was scarce and when there was some available it was so expensive that the majority of people simply couldn´t afford it.

I think in old times it was normal to eat more birds, like pidgeons in europe. In germany we have the saying,: "Better a sparrow in the hand, than a pidgeon on the roof." Better a little bit in reality, than a dream you can not reach.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
can´t they tell by the colour and so on?
Those rabbits are tiny though and there´s hardly any meat on them.

Here in Europe a lot of people used to eat rabbit and pidgeons during and after the war. They had no choice as meat in general was scarce and when there was some available it was so expensive that the majority of people simply couldn´t afford it.
My granny told me they had roof rabbit during the war. Without head, paws and tail u can't distinguish a skinned rabbit from a cat

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
My granny told me they had roof rabbit during the war. Without head, paws and tail u can't distinguish a skinned rabbit from a cat
A cat carcass is longer and leaner. Wouldn't be too hard to tell.
Closest to a cat that Ive ever eaten is raccoon and possum.
Rabbit has a distinctive taste and I'm not sure a cat would be the same.
Strewed up in a pot though I'd imagine it isn't half bad.
Beaver, ( I'm talking about the one that builds dams and swims in water :giggle:) is pretty good too.

NEVLU

Thai style pork and beans with rice
jackfruit for dessert
And too much of both as usual 😅

image.jpg

Dessert nr2
Coconut with brownsugar coocked in oven
image.jpg

chilliwilli

Waterboy
A cat carcass is longer and leaner. Wouldn't be too hard to tell.
Closest to a cat that Ive ever eaten is raccoon and possum.
Rabbit has a distinctive taste and I'm not sure a cat would be the same.
Strewed up in a pot though I'd imagine it isn't half bad.
Beaver, ( I'm talking about the one that builds dams and swims in water :giggle:) is pretty good too.
I had sate in bali that were dev no beef, a little fattier in taste than expected. The old lady selling them couldn't speak english but when i barked she nodded yes and laught. Should have asked before
My grandpa from other side of the family raised beavers after the war. They sold the hides but also ate the meat. My mother told me she didn't like it after some time because it was too fat for her taste..

Cuddles

in times of need, people just eat anything in order to survive. I have a book on cannibalism which I seem to have misplaced. I bought it way back and felt extremely relieved because I was still a vegetarian at the time! :D I mean, if I hadn´t been already, then reading this book would have put me off meat for a very long time for sure :eek:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yes, I have heard of some restaurants which serve them. Never tried them myself. Given the choice I´ll pick like anything else, lol :biggrin:
I would love to try snake though. They eat it in a number of countries from south america to china. I don´t understand why the rest of the world has picked up on snakes as a source of lean protein! Much more appetizing than insects imo ;)
rattlesnake is delicious, easily the whitest meat i've run across, even whiter than frogs legs. :good:

Latest posts

Latest posts