What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

weed in cambodia

See the small coco shredders--the blue and yellow ones--in the factory pics? Trust me, there are def more than a few of those in PP. I'd venture to say there are far larger processing operations than the factory in the link I gave you.

The "Coco Depot" guys can get what you want but you have to grease their sweaty little palms with some small change.

You're pretty new to SE Asia aren't you? Keep trying, you'll learn :ying:

Jobsworth

I have read that I need to leave a home made soil mix to dry over 3 months before it is ready to use! Can anyone provide any insight into this as it seems to be a long time to wait.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
well you're in the wrong section to ask questions like that ( I mean you can ask them here, but you will get more answers in the grow forums), but no you don't need to do that. When you use pulverized lime and organic nutes you need to allow about a month for the organic nutes to break down into a soluble form that the plants can use, and the soils takes a bit of time for the lime to buffer the ph in the soil.

You would only have to wait 3months if you were using crushed oyster shells instead of lime, or crunched up bones instead of bone meal. With modern powdered and dried nutes and so forth it does not take 3 months for the soil to "cook" as we call it around my neck of the woods.

1 month in a sealed container in a warm climate is all it has ever taken growers where I live to produce ready to use soil recipes. I suppose it all depends what you are using, and what temperature it is where you are though.

Jobsworth

Thanks guys, I am actually in Vietnam now where I got my hands on some decent soil and now have two new babies. Fingers crossed that they'll turn out female...

Rinse

Veteran
Hi peeps I'm considering a stay in Cambodia (3-6 months or more if I really like it) what sort of place can I get for 200-400$ per month rent I want air con, wifi, near to sea and private balcony or garden?
Also is it easy to rent a motorbike/scooter and how much, thanks.

Jobsworth, I'd feel well guilty growing under cfl's in tropical Asia, with the sun beating down an all, surely you could find somewhere to grow outdoors even some auto strains for stealth?

C

Chamba

Thanks guys, I am actually in Vietnam now where I got my hands on some decent soil and now have two new babies. Fingers crossed that they'll turn out female...

It's great you got started, but first things first.....if you are living within an hour or so of mountain, wild or national park areas then I'd suggest going out there immediately and finding a spot that faces the sun most of the day and is secluded..it's always safer to grow a plant here and there guerrilla style in the bush than on your balcony or in a room..all it takes is one loose moment and things could go up shit creek...never talk about growing to locals, even your sweetheart, cos you can't untell anyone and there's different rules over there.

Dig into the soil as deep and as wide as you can, the deeper and wider the better, add fertilizers like compost, worm castings, potting soil, sand etc at about 4 parts local soil and 1 parts additive. When you combine the soil with the additives, the plot will become a mound that will drain well in a wet year. Then cover the mounds with twigs and dried grass to hide it as well as develop a mulch. When the seedlings are a foot or two high, transplant them into the plots which will be right for healthy growth.

BTW, two seedlings most probably won't be enough, chances are they will be either female, male, runts or ladyboys, so I'd suggest planting 20 or more seeds in small pots and grow the seedlings that hatch under the natural sun and under another 5 or 10 more hours of artificial (CFLs) light at night to keep them in veg mode..after a few weeks you will probably be left with 5 ~ 10 seedlings that you can plant out when bigger.

Growing in the sub tropics and tropics is a lot of fun as it's a 12 months of the year thing!

Last edited:

Jobsworth

@Rinse, contact Kann Sunn on: 092333732 and he'll help you out, I've had 2 apartments of him over the last year.

I would also go for an ethernet cable as wi fi is pretty lousy in Cambodia, call Hout Song Hour from Metfone he got me hooked up in 24 hours (only certain companies can supply the internet in certain areas.

It's not easy growing weed in a city never mind taking trips into the countryside. Plus I can get the crop grown much quicker, also now i heavy rain season so not much point.

I hope you get sorted in Cambodia, very nice chilled out place.

Jobsworth

@Rinse, if you decide to stay in Phnom Pehn, although at first it seems appealing, staying by the riverside isn't such a good idea unless you wanna be hassled every time you leave your house.

@Chamba, this is my first proper grow so I think doing it outdoors could be quite challenging for a beginner.

Rinse

Veteran
@Rinse, if you decide to stay in Phnom Pehn, although at first it seems appealing, staying by the riverside isn't such a good idea unless you wanna be hassled every time you leave your house.

@Chamba, this is my first proper grow so I think doing it outdoors could be quite challenging for a beginner.

Hi Jobsworth, Im not sure where exactly but thinking Phnom Penh, sihanoukville, or kampot?
I certainly dont want to be hassled (why would they hassle you, to sell stuff?)
and want somewhere with less mosquitos if there is such a place, also air con.
Thanks.

Jobsworth

Well, in Snooky or Kampot you'de get a palace for that price but yes they would hassle you by the riverside in PP for everything and it's there constantly as it's tourist central.

There are more mozzies in the countryside/provinces and less in the city. Most people don't bother taking anything.

If you got any more questions about the region fire away.

hazelover

if i may ask? is it possible to get a red hash in kampot? heard about it but didnt have chance to visit last time. and price if you know it . many thanks!

simon_1255

I can vouch for getting hassled by the riverside by tuk tuk drivers every 5 yards, It really starts to annoy you after 2 or 3 days. I think I managed to stay 5 days at a place on the riverside before i moved to another part of town. Been in Phnom Penh about 6 weeks now. Still trying to decide if I'm going to stay long enough to warrant renting an apartment or keep guesthouse hoping. Been looking at the classifieds on Bongtom.com and although I've not gone and look up to now it seems you can get a reasonable apartment for $200 per month.
Also I came across this forum as I'm exploring weed as a newbie. Tried it less than 10 times in thailand and here and apart from 1 time in thailand where i wasn't sure if i was sitting up or lying down and had a huge grin on my face the other times i felt practically nothing after smoking a few joints or a few bongs.
I'd really like to get my hands on the better stuff in PP and see what its all about.
Any advice from jobsworth and others on general expat living on a budget in PP and how to get hold of the better stuff would be greatly appreciated

Cheers :)

thebigz0

Will be heading down to Cambodia in the very near future... any answers to the previous questions about where to find the best herb? Will be trying to score in Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville, and possibly some of the legendary red hash in Kampot...

Also thinking about staying on one of the offshore islands near Sihanoukville for a few days if the weather is decent... any recommendations?

dozer

I've just arrived in Phnom Penh and it's harder now to score something decent. Last year I could order a happy pizza and a $10 baggie and smoke a fat one right there and there wasn't a problem at all. Now the pizzas aren't all that "happy", they usually don't sell weed and you can't smoke there. Everybody seems a lot more carefull for some reason.

Since the lake is destroyed now I've heard some of the hippie/backpacker scene is moving to Batambang and Siem Reap. Hoppefully I can check that out soon.

dozer

Also thinking about staying on one of the offshore islands near Sihanoukville for a few days if the weather is decent... any recommendations?

I've been in Koh Rong. It's very nice but there is'nt a lot to do other then enjoy the beautifull 5km beach. Anyway, I think it's worth the trip.

thebigz0

Well, I'm back from my trip. I did notice more anti-drug propaganda this time, but I suspect it's nothing serious, considering how involved the politicians / generals are in supplying the drugs... anyways, I was offered herb everywhere I went. Picked up in Koh Kong and Phnom Penh. Average stuff, but cheap enough. Guess I've gotta return in search of the elusive pure sativa...

Weeddoctor

I have read this thread with much fun. I've been to Cambodia 2007 and 2008. Also 2010 for a short trip to Angkor again. It's amazing how fast Cambodia is changing.

2008 in Sihanoukville, Ochheuteal Beach, there was really 'Free Accomodation'. They lived by all what the guests ate and drank in their restaurant and the prices were O.K., about 50 US cent for a can of beer and maybe two oder three dollar for a dish. The accomodation was like the other three or four dollar shacks arround there.
The weed was not as strong like indoor weed, but better what I got at Bon Kak Lake in Phnom Penh 2007 and they told me, it was outdoor weed, grown from dutch seeds. Don't know what strain. Crazy world. Once we imported their seeds, now they import dutch seeds.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7085/img1xe.jpg

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/6782/img2kqk.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6853/img3rz.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/443/img4ii.jpg

Don't know how it looks today.